[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cantonese

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: yue.png (16KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
yue.png
16KB, 300x300px
Can I get a quick rundown on Cantonese?
Has anyone here learned it?
>>
Why would you want to learn it? When wh*te people think of chinese and how gross it sounds (ching chong wuht duh fuhck bok choy), they're imitating Cantonese.
>>
>>78361754
I wanted to study it alongside Mandarin just for the hell of it
>>
>>78361805
pathetic
worse than a pedophile weeb kys
>>
>>78361805
Studying Mandarin and Japanese together is already hell, studying two varieties of Chinese at the same time is just plain masochism.
>>
>>78361689
Why Cantonese and not the official language Mandarin?
>>
>>78361689
yeah. It sounds like ching ching ding dong hang lin ki pow chi cha jing pong dao
>>
>>78362291
Because Cantonese is the true superior Chinese language while Mandarin is bastardized Manchu garbage.

Ancient Chinese poetry and music sounds JUST RIGHT in Cantonese while they sound completely awkward in Mandarin.
>>
>>78361754
>>78361805
>>78361833
>>78362131
>>78362291
>>78364639

You fucking idiots just answer his question or fuck off I hate mongs who start questioning why someone wants to learn something just let people be
>>
>>78364755
wow kys
>>
>>78361689
Watch Hong Kong drama, you will learn fast.
>>
Mandarin is hard enough, if you must study Chinese do that
>>
>>78361689
There's really no purpose to learning Cantonese unless you have a lot of free time and are spending a lot of time in Guangdong/Hong Kong area. Mandarin is the way to go.
>>78364700
That's a bunch of bullshit. Mandarin has nothing to do with Manchu and Cantonese is a regional dialect which has nothing to do with the famous poets like Li Bai or Du Fu.
>>
>>78366157
Found the delusional Mongol-Manchu-hybrid rape baby from Beijing.

You do realize that the An Lushan rebellion during the Tang dynasty caused tens of millions of people to migrate from the north to the south? And that those southern Chinese continued calling themselves Tang-ren until the 20th century? You are the biggest retard in the world if you think that Mandarin is older than Cantonese. Cantonese is much closer to ancient Chinese than Mandarin will ever be.
>>
>>78366482
>older = authentic
Get a hold of them logical fallacies boy.
>>
>>78366157
I see, thanks.
>>
>>78366509
>older = authentic

Um. That IS how it works, in this case at least. It's no coincidence that other Asian languages that borrowed HEAVILY from ancient Chinese (e.g. Japanese, Korean and Vietnamese) have loan words that are much more similar to the Cantonese equivalents than the Mandarin ones.

But it's okay. Continue embracing your Manchu heritage, Gerald Gioro.
>>
itts: faggots arguing over a dead dialect
>>
File: 1487376409376.jpg (1MB, 3500x2322px) Image search: [Google]
1487376409376.jpg
1MB, 3500x2322px
>>78366157
Butthurt Mainlander right here.

All relevant culture is produced either in Guangzhou, Taiwan or Hong Kong. All movies I've seen are spoken in Cantonese.

If I wanted to learn Chinese, I would most certainly go for Cantonese, because it is organic. And traditional script, of course.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.