[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

i am bored, ask a (ex) music producer anything

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: music.jpg (24KB, 585x336px) Image search: [Google]
music.jpg
24KB, 585x336px
started in 2003 and stopped producing music in 2012
>>
>>78284472
How do you see trap music?
Which genre were you into?
Best plug-ins in FL studio?
Why did you quit production?
>>
Did you have any big hits?
>>
>>78284602
>How do you see trap music?
honestly? it is bullshit but going to down in the next years i guess
>Which genre were you into?
Trance.
>Best plug-ins in FL studio
Nexus, Sylenth1,synth1,Massive....if you want hardware, Virus TI is your synth
>Why did you quit production?
i worked hard for nothing, this industry changes a lot..one day you are the best and the next day nobody remembers you.
>>
Have any of your best works to share?
>>
how were you called/? seriously i want to listen some of your stuff
>>
>>78284921
Thanks for the response. I appreciate it. I myself is actually fond of music production. I was doing okay with my stuff but I lost my laptop. Since then, I couldn't encourage myself to start again from scratch.
For someone who has devoted his life to music for an entire decade, seeing his dreams shattering away must have been tough. I wish you best of luck whatever you are doing now!
>>
>>78285400
>>78285473
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMswVJGMfME
>>
>>78285864
Dang man that's dope as shit! Thanks for the share
>>
>>78286159
>Thanks for the share
you are welcome :), this track was produced in 2004-2005.. i don't remember.
>>
>>78286294
It sounds like early 90's music here. When dance was still huge and hardcore wasn't really invented yet.
>>
>>78284472
how the fuck did you get out of the "this isn't sounding right, they will hate it" production hole and put out tracks? i have major self-criticism seizures so i just run the routine of: produce, dislike, save under name of 156342kdfshbdblabla and never finish stuff...

t. aspiring neurofunk/techno producer
>>
>>78286445
it is basically Spanish Hard trance...in Spain was really popular in early 2000s

Alex Track One

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLvgGwWp4dc
>>
>>78286638
sorry to bomb with questions, but what's the stuff spaniards like nowadays? like some styles of electronic music or something like that? maybe some artists, could be mainstream or ug
>>
>>78286575
>how the fuck did you get out of the "this isn't sounding right, they will hate it" production hole and put out tracks? i have major self-criticism seizures so i just run the routine of: produce, dislike, save under name of 156342kdfshbdblabla and never finish stuff...
hahahaha
>>78286575
>t. aspiring neurofunk/techno producer
cool
>>
>>78286723
>sorry to bomb with questions, but what's the stuff spaniards like nowadays?
reguetton,EDM,Spanish trap and american trap,electro latino.

basically south america 2.0...my cunt is not like early 2000s anymore
>>
>>78286898
aight! thanx for the info

is there like group segregation between sub-genres of edm in spain? like here we pretty much have the dnb crowd as one thing, the techno crowd as a whole other and house, trance, dubstep etc. as a whole other crowd. even the dnb scene has segregation like the neuro vs. liquid vs. jump up and so on. does that happen there? are there people who will go to only specific parties and totally avoid others?
>>
>>78287420
>does that happen there? are there people who will go to only specific parties and totally avoid others?
yes, but it happens in all european countries ( i think so).

so you produce neurofunk....i am old for that :P when i started there werent many sub genres like now
>>
>>78288246
when i started dabbling in computer programs for music production, me and my mates were doing jungle (ragga-jungle to be specific), chopping amens for days in a row (i think it was acid or something we used to chop up and rearrange beats), but we all moved on to neuro eventually since the jungle sound kind of went out and was replaced with either dubstep or just straight up dnb. some people went to hip hop too to be "true" to the sampling and what not.

when you started in the early years of 2000, what kind of technic did you use? did you already produce on a computer or did you do analog stuff too?
>>
File: pic.jpg (152KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
pic.jpg
152KB, 600x450px
>>78288545
>when you started in the early years of 2000, what kind of technic did you use?
i used Cubase and my akai s1000 for sampling, some romplers too . i sold my Tascam (for mixing) but it was really good mixer . i have never done the mastering ( i sent my sound to sound engineer)
>>
>>78288818
>i sent my sound to sound engineer
i sent my tracks*
>>
>>78288971
gathered as much

i've never really understood mastering myself. just randomly leveled everything +/- a dB or so to make it sound good to my ears on the speakers or on the earphones. too embarrassed to actually send anything to a real producer anyway lol :DD

sounds like a pretty nice set-up you had back then btw
>>
>>78289107
>i've never really understood mastering myself. just randomly leveled everything +/- a dB or so to make it sound good to my ears on the speakers or on the earphones. too embarrassed to actually send anything to a real producer anyway lol :DD
first at all you need a good mix or sound engineer could reject your track.it happened many times with my tracks
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.