[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

German accusative cases

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

Can any Germanposters here please explain accusative cases (einen, einer, meiner, deinem ect) to me?

My Anglo brain can't understand it.
>>
>>78259983
Are you stupid?
>>
>>78259994
Yes.
Explain please.
>>
>>78260078
I don't understand them either
>>
>>78259983
Grammatical cases are like prepositions
>>
>>78259983
The gender of the words define what suffix will be used. For example
>Ich habe ein Hund - I have a dog
The word for dog is a masculine word so ein (a/one) has no suffix.
Ich habe eine Katze - I have a cat.
Cat is a feminine word so we have ein-e here. A simple Google search on German grammar will straighten things up.
Weirdly enough german grammar is very similar to Greek grammar, albeit less flexible. They even have Dativ forms, something that the modern Greeks abandoned.
>>
File: 1418912524721.jpg (93KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1418912524721.jpg
93KB, 500x500px
>>78259983
iktf
>>
I think native speakers can't explain it unless they teach foreigners.
>>
>>78259983
The accusative case is used to mark a direct object of a verb.
>>
>>78260368
Einen hund*
>>
>>78260462
Yes you're right, I even typed that it didn't have a suffix what the fuck was i thinking.
>>
>>78259983
Accusative is the answer to questions starting with "wen/was?" In English, dative and accusative are nowadays conflated, there is no difference between "him" and "hine" are now always "him". If you want ton get a better understanding, maybe get into old English. But it's really something that exceeds any analogy in modern English, it just can't be explained, only learned. To the largest part, the verb will determine which case to use.
>>
File: krtek und dresden.jpg (129KB, 450x600px) Image search: [Google]
krtek und dresden.jpg
129KB, 450x600px
>Germans have only 4 cases
>>
>>78260502
Only the masculine singular inflection has a different suffix for the accusative case
It always ends in -en when used as the accusative

All other 3 (including plural) use the exact same ending for both nominative (subject) and accusative (object)

Here's a complete chart illustrating all the cases

https://corthodoxy.files.wordpress.com/2012/06/german-article-adjective-and-pronoun-chart-updated.png
>>
>>78259983
Roughly

Nominative case: John, I, you, he, she, it...
Accusative case: (for) Jonh, (for) me, (for) you, (for) him, (for) her, (for) it...
Dative case: (to) John, (to) me, (to) you, (to) him, (to) her, (to) it...
Genitive case: John's, my/mine, your/yours, his/his, her/hers, its...
>>
Another example from wikipedia

German[edit]
In German, grammatical case is largely preserved in the articles and adjectives, but nouns have lost many of their original endings. Below is an example of case inflection in German using the masculine definite article and one of the German words for "sailor".

der Seemann (nominative) "the sailor" [as a subject] (e.g. Der Seemann steht da – the sailor is standing there)
des Seemannes (genitive) "the sailor's / [of] the sailor" (e.g. Der Name des Seemannes ist Otto – the name of the sailor is Otto)
dem Seemann(e) (dative) "[to/for] the sailor" [as an indirect object] (e.g. Ich gab dem Seemann ein Geschenk – I gave a present to the sailor)
den Seemann (accusative) "the sailor" [as a direct object] (e.g. Ich sah den Seemann – I saw the sailor)
>>
r e s e
n e s e
m r m n
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.