[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Canada is the best country in the world and we would be wise

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 8

File: 1484318079546.png (115KB, 1298x1253px) Image search: [Google]
1484318079546.png
115KB, 1298x1253px
Canada is the best country in the world and we would be wise to follow their example.

What have you done today to thank Canada for existing?
>>
>>78213812
>What have you done today to thank Canada for existing?

What has Canada ever done to my existence?
>>
File: download (1).jpg (89KB, 1470x437px) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
89KB, 1470x437px
>>78213847
>>
>>78213847
Your country would not exist if not for Canada
>>
File: 1484498646824.gif (176KB, 960x200px) Image search: [Google]
1484498646824.gif
176KB, 960x200px
>>78213812
bump
>>
>>78213812
Soon it will be flipland 2.0
>>
I kinda want to move to Victoria, BC. Is it as good a place to live as I think it would be? Anywhere in Vancouver Island seems like it would be top tier comfy tbqh.
>>
>>78214046
Backstory?
>>
>>78214002
http://www.coha.org/canadas-controversial-engagement-in-honduras/
http://www.coha.org/canadian-mining-still-controversial-in-central-america-the-case-of-honduras/

Canada's existence is detrimental to my country.

>>78214137
It's bs
>>
File: 11123.jpg (76KB, 736x594px) Image search: [Google]
11123.jpg
76KB, 736x594px
>>78214082
So Canada prefers hard working Asians as their immigrants, A genius move to fill their quota's that way. ALso since all Asian woman will flock to the BCC anyway it is literally a non-issue.

>>78214100
It would probably exceed your wildest dreams.
>>
>>78214198
Oh no they gave us 100 million dollars, in exchange they just want to keep mining regulations the same. Shame on Canadian's for creating business opportunities in my country. While the rest of the world (rightfully) want to see us drown in our retardation.
>>
b-b-b-but a-all the NORMIES love Canada!

I h-h-have to h-hate it just to be an e-epic c-contrarian so I could f-fit in with le ebin cool 4chan dudes!
>>
>>78214336
>Critics have long held that Canadian involvement and investment in Honduras is plagued with corruption, and that the situation has only worsened since the coup. In particular, many criticize the manufacturing sector, which is Honduras’ second largest industry, for mistreating its workers. One of the industry’s worst offenders is Gildan Active Wear Inc., a Montreal-based textile manufacturer that laid off hundreds of Canadian workers in order to facilitate its move to Honduras in 2007. Gildan Active Wear Inc. is one of three dominant, low-wage sweatshop companies operating in Honduras. The company’s stated goal for the relocation was to improve its competitiveness and efficiency.[16]However, there is a darker side to its operations in Honduras. Many women working in Canadian-owned sweatshops have reported serious injuries caused by repetitive work in the factories. These injuries include musculo-skeletal problems and injuries sustained from major accidents, and they often leave women unable to work. Still, female workers must continue to feed and clothe their families while paying costly medical bills. According to Karen Spring with Rights Action, Gildan is aware of these atrocities; it has refused to provide compensation.[17] The company has also been accused of firing workers for attempting to unionize.[18][19]
>>
>>78214439
>Implying they put a gun to their head to work there.

Do you know what quitting your job means? O wait of course not. You are from honduras so the only job you know is complaining about a superior country. Its your own country's fault for not implementing clear regulations.
>>
>>78214528
>Do you know what quitting your job means?
Jobs are really scarce or pretty shit over here. You might find statistics that say otherwise, but that's because of hidden underemployment. Most people have jobs that either pay shit, or don't give you enough work to so the payment is shit.

>Its your own country's fault for not implementing clear regulations.
It's not my fault, it's my government's fault. Regulations are not implemented because of corruption that the Canadian companies generate, the second article states that.
>>
>Jobs are really scarce or pretty shit over here. You might find statistics that say otherwise, but that's because of hidden underemployment. Most people have jobs that either pay shit, or don't give you enough work to so the payment is shit.
Not Canada's fault. They still had a choice, why they stayed because the Job was probably not even that shit by the standards of your country. The whole piece is basically leftist screaming gib money. Witch Canada already actually did.

>It's not my fault.
Didn't say so. I just called you out on your complaining.

>Canadian companies
So not Canadian government or policy. Corruption is always the fault of the policy your country makes. Canada has nothing to do with that, sorry you live in a shithole and your rulers don't care about you. I recommend immigrating to Canada.
>>
Nothing for the most part they are just there
>>
>>78214860
I'm not saying job's scarcity is Canada's fault. I'm saying they don't have a choice. It's either that job that exploits you, or probably no job at all.

>Didn't say so.
Sorry, misread.

>Canada has nothing to do with that, sorry you live in a shithole and your rulers don't care about you.
Canada's government could regulate them, but they choose to delegate it to the corrupt government that will obviously not regulate.

If those companies actually helped the locals, instead of incentivize corruption and ruining the local ecosystem, I would have absolutely no problem with them.

>I recommend immigrating to Canada.
Someday
>>
>>78215004
Hey I agree that the company uses the lack of regulations, but there is no country on this planet where this is not the case. (except maybe NK) That is just the way the cookie crumbles my man.

>Canada's government could regulate them

I fail to see how, They can fine the Company for doing it, but they would just move their HQ over to some other country, and hurting their
own economy. Canada doesn't have a say on how the policies in other countries are made.
>>
>>78215130
You are right, I actually misread the first part of this paragraph.
>In 2010 legislation was introduced in Parliament to tighten regulations for Canadian corporations overseas, but it was not approved. John McKay, a liberal MP, had introduced the Responsible Mining Act, Bill C-300, which would have required extractive companies operating abroad to meet international human rights and environmental standards, widely accepted as best practices. If the Bill were to have passed and Canadian companies failed to comply, they would have had to face consequences such as Export Development Canada withdrawing financial support and Canadian trade commissions and embassies ceasing to support and promote their companies’ activities, among other things.[32]
>>
File: 1501817818910.jpg (46KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
1501817818910.jpg
46KB, 960x960px
>>78215602
>Admitting you're wrong on 4chan.
You are a okay guy. I take back every insult I made.

We all make mistakes, I am currently high as a kite on multiple opioids, hence why my spelling is shit.

I wish you a good live, and I shall ask the spirits to protect you on your life journey my friend.
>>
>>78215602
>>78215884
I love you both.
>>
File: 1487281277734.jpg (31KB, 638x490px) Image search: [Google]
1487281277734.jpg
31KB, 638x490px
>>78215978
Right back at u.

Remember Canada is still a awesome country even with Trudeau in office. He will only make the Paradigm shift sooner.

Their time is coming ending, and we shall inherit the earth back to its rightful owners. Have patience my syrup slurping companion.
>>
File: netherlands.jpg (47KB, 600x402px) Image search: [Google]
netherlands.jpg
47KB, 600x402px
Dutch are bro-tier.
>>
I like Canadians, but they're not better than America
>>
File: leaf youtubers.jpg (531KB, 1240x1557px) Image search: [Google]
leaf youtubers.jpg
531KB, 1240x1557px
Canada is a very good cunt so stop sending your noisy people to our cunt
>>
>>78216773
Weebs are human trash, we send them away in the hopes they'll be killed by Yakuza.
>>
>>78214528
shut the fuck up. Honduras bro is right.

Canada is not what you think it is. Even within our borders oppression from the system is strong. My job involves doing banking for people. Lots of immigrants.

They almost always become disillusioned with Canada within a week or two.
>>
>>78216887
no they don't
>>
>>78216924
yes they do dumbass

Canada is basically what the U.S. was in the early 1900s
>>
>Canada
Nope! A good country, but not the best. Switzerland is better.
>>
>>78216924
it's not the land of milk and honey people pretend it is. Money doesn't go far. There's a high quality of life but the majority of the population is living paycheck to paycheck slaving it away while not reaping the rewards of their hard work.

It's pure consumerism, there's barely anything else to this country. Flooding this country with immigrants is a meme to undercut wages.

1% of the population is set to be replaced with immigrants while those who actually fucking work can't even afford children. Country is toast.
>>
>>78216974
t. never been to Canada
>>
>>78217006
just because it's not working out for you don't mean it ain't working out for the rest of us.

sorry you have a tough time enjoying Canada.
>>
>>78214439
>canada has predatory industrial corporations operating in third world country
wtf we're an empire now!
>>
>>78213812

You feeling alright?
>>
>>78217144
if you're going to make it then that's great. millions of Canadians make it every day and will continue to make it for the foreseeable future. the average wealth for a Canadian is 270k USD, 6th in the world. immigration makes up our low fertility rate which is attributed to the urbanization of the country.
>>
>>78217255
Don't base good a country country off of statistics. The best countries by such statistics in Africa (Nigeria, South Africa) are nightmares to live in compared to many neighbours who are "worse off"

Spreadsheet statistics=/= what makes a country.

> millions of Canadians make it every day

They really don't. you seem sheltered.
>>
>>78217310
i question your credentials if you don't use statistics. it is the only way to have objective and reliable information, if the methodology and acquisition is sound. are we to make policy decisions based on anecdotes? haha.

best countries by statistics are in Africa? really? point to which ones please.

millions of Canadians make it everyday my friendo, are we overridden with crime? disease? famine? no, in comparison to the world we're doing just fine. don't fear monger mate, it's unbecoming.
>>
>>78217376
I fucked up my wording. The best countries IN AFRICA by such statistics are in reality nightmares to live in by comparison.

Here's where we differ.

I have lived abroad, in much worse countries. I know we're far ahead in most areas, but
The problem is humanity is accepting of far too little. Literally everybody should be up in arms at the shite state of humanity's unsustainable spiral. Modern normie consumerist culture can't think more than their own lifetime ahead. It's clear previous cultures could, but that we cannot.

And again, you are ignoring clear markers that the "average canadian" is seeing more and more of their hard earned wealth being sent right up the social ladder. It's a progessively less egalitarian society and think of how our parents bought cars, homes, and could afford children and education without hopelessly debting themselves compared to us today.

Like I said, you are sheltered, you only use meme statistics to base the quality of the rest of the country on. It's clear purchasing power has declined despite what stats say. Done arguing.
>>
please cum on my face maple-sempai
>>
>>78217562

>>I fucked up my wording. The best countries IN AFRICA by such statistics are in reality nightmares to live in by comparison.

that still doesn't invalidate statistics, that simply means your comparisons have vast differences. nothing to do with statistical validity or reliability.

you're hung up on a ideological divide. I can see now that this discussion isn't about whether or not Canada is objectively doing well in comparison to the world. but more of a personal opinion you have that Canada is not as good as you want it to be.

that being said, its your personal opinion so be it. no point in arguing that. objectively Canada is doing well and it's citizens are well taken care of.

>> It's clear purchasing power has declined despite what stats say. Done arguing.

this is bullshit, by all measurable indications GDP per Capita PPP is rising for Canada. you have no evidence at all to suggest it isn't and refute objective evidence on a whim. you feelings are getting the best of you.
>>
>>78217703
I live in a part of eastern canada where everything went to shit, part of an ethnicity that's dying, etc. It's taken a toll on me
>>
>>78217640
no, in my mouth!
>>
I want to feel your maple syrup on my (butt)cheeks
>>
>>78217703
I think I get the other anon's point. The cost of living in canada is tremendous; you can't own much here except for material possessions, the important stuff like housing can see you paying off a mortgage for the rest of your life (or even after death for your children to pay).

A disgusting market makes it impossible for innovation or entrepreneurship - either some company with a monopoly or some nonsense legislation keeps anyone from making a buck off their own ideas. And if the legislation doesn't exist yet, it will after they catch you making money from your own creativity.

Some predatory chinese investors are inflating prices of real estate, where even the shittiest crack shack goes for 1 million. Almost all of the white collar work in Ontario is concentrated in Toronto, a city too expensive to live in so everyone has to drive 2 hours from the suburbs back and forth in traffic jams.

For some normie, sure I guess they are "making it" if they get to drink on the weekends and watch hockey or some shit cause they have literally no other ambition and are living from the cradle to the grave paying off infinite debts.

At least I'm not an african with aids I guess.
>>
>>78219533
I understand his point and your point. you feel that you aren't getting the same 'deal' the boomers have gotten and you feel that immigrants are exacerbating the problem.

i'm saying, you need to adapt to the new reality, things change and do not remain the same. your ability to change to the circumstances is a indicator of whether you succeed or fail. that's life, nobody can promise you and nobody did promise you the same circumstances the boomers got. is it unfair? maybe, but while you are complaining about fairness everybody else is moving on with their lives adapting to the new norm.

if urban life is too expensive, move. if you want to have kids but can't afford them in a expensive city, move to somewhere cheaper. you are the master of your own destiny and it's up to you to make the best of the cards you are dealt.
>>
>>78214053
>Uma fodendo folha

KEK what? At the very least it would be "A puta de uma folha"
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.