[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

National Day Singapore

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_20170809_045248_HDR.jpg (2MB, 3120x4160px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170809_045248_HDR.jpg
2MB, 3120x4160px
>Who are you my country
>>
Happy National Day, asiatic Luxembourg
>>
>>78116608
Is the day just a national day or is it celebrating independence
>>
Happy b-day Singapore!
>>
File: IMG_20170809_045325_HDR.jpg (2MB, 3120x4160px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170809_045325_HDR.jpg
2MB, 3120x4160px
>more than celebrations and tears
>>
fuck off chink. no one cares
>>
>>78116677

Well, you could consider August 9th 1965 as the day of independence for Singapore in the same way you could consider an abandoned toddler as having achieved it's independence from a moving vehicle..
.. by soiling the backseat cushions and where, as it just do happens, the driver turned out to be an avenging crime fighter whose parents were murded in an alleyway by babies.

Sure. Why not.
>>
My wife Chino is so cute
>>
>>78118732
The day the Brits dropped us, which isn't a bad thing, we threw their tramp stamp in the trash
>>
>>78116608
>singapore
>nation
>>
>>78116608
I very much like Singapore, have a good national day
>>
File: 1501005858478.png (6KB, 419x249px) Image search: [Google]
1501005858478.png
6KB, 419x249px
>>78119314
benis :DDDDD
>>
>>78119628
bagina X-DD ebin :DDD
>>
>>78118902

Hm?

The British were actually being decent by not abandoning the people of Singapore, to an unknown fate a second time.

Id argue you could consider that there wasn't even a first time actually. They did not simply run off from the island with bags of cash in speedboats while flinging out Chinese babies at the Japanese to cover their getaway.

They actually shared in the locals' misconception that the British were responsible for the assorted people of Singapore; they actually weren't otherwise half our angry young men today would be claiming British citizenship to avoid enlistment.

What actually happened was the British made the conscientious effort to cordially to negotiate terms for surrender with the Japanese, under the understanding that the locals will not be injusticed.

Personally I don't quite expect the British version was so squeaky clean either, but in any case I would realistically place their fault somewhere between naivety and gross negligence of duties imagined.

I am however more inclined to to think they did not act entirely in good faith since the chief British commanding officer had been suspicious enough of the Japanese to stay with the local population to ensure their protection.

Which in a way makes him a liar initially, but not such a bad human being overall. He of course had no effect through the act of staying and died in some unceremonious manner. Which is not actually very mysterious if you think very much about the situation.

This is getting long, let me summarise :
>>
>>78120555

Okay to recap:

It's WW2, people usually have a reason for what they do.

The Chinese and assorted locals were not wrong to feel injusticed by the British. They genuinely believed the British were capable of protecting them but chose not to. This I believe is largely a fault of misrepresentation by the British Colonial era thinking by Crown's presentation of might and superiority as well as refusal to admit any weakness or inability to handle external threats. On the other hand, the locals were simply too gullible and treated contractual guarabtees of security with far more significance than placed by the British. This isn't actually any fault on the local part, just a miscommunication;moreover, as a local myself I can attest to the possibility of locals presuming that the British considered their lives too valuable to lose fighting Japanese to save the Chinese. Or something equally unfounded.

What did the Japanese actually do anyway?

For all the contrary viewpoints and perspectives that exist and cannot resolve. It is clearly evident, at least, that racially prejudiced views of the Japanese began amongst the locals even before they arrived.

Even if we assume some bizarre world where conquerers have benign intentions,
and expectations. How long could that possibly last? The Japanese had virtually no chance to act the part of mythical wartime liberator. There was from the very start virtually no resources to exploit, no property to steal other than what the Singapore did not own anyway. And if working for the Japanese was exploitation of people, then they were already exploited by the British. The Japanese had every reason to benefit by continuing the existing relationship shared between the locals and the British.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.