[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Spain destroyed ALL of this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 10

File: Aztec-Technoshitland.jpg (861KB, 1692x1312px) Image search: [Google]
Aztec-Technoshitland.jpg
861KB, 1692x1312px
And they did it over some shiny yellow rocks.

Bet that was a proud fucking moment.
>>
File: Xochimilco.jpg (135KB, 830x418px) Image search: [Google]
Xochimilco.jpg
135KB, 830x418px
>>78116527
Cortés never actually meant to destroy the city, and Spaniards in the peninsula didn't consider his actions to have been honorable.

As terrible as the fall of Tenochtitlan was many of those involved did actually believe they were doing God's work in trying to liberate the Aztecs from a religion that they viewed as satanic, so it wasn't all about gold either.

Some small part of the Mexico of old does still survive. Ironically enough it's the chinampa of humble farmers and not the temples and palaces of the powerful.
>>
Again, actually the most ironic thing coming from Iberian countries is the fact they in fact promoted racemixing degeneracy and don't want mixed people from their colonies in their countries.
>>
>>78116527
That is incredibly sad. I hope Mexico gets great reparations from Sp*in.
>>
>>78116527
wtf i hate spain now
>>
>>78116762
We don't want reparations from our brothers.

>>78116724
That may be true to some extent, all peoples have their biggots and fanatics, but it isn't the whole picture, Latin Americans do enjoy many advantages if they choose to move to Spain.
>>
>>78116527
it never looked nearly that good but keep dreaming
>>
>>78116871
It probably was very impressive at any rate, the Spaniards themselves compared it to Constantinople.
>>
>>78116527
That's some heavy short term thinking you've got there.
That city you're looking at?
Once the number of humans explodes, the water in that lake would have dried out anyway.
Poof goes the city.

Nowadays it's OK because we developed irrigation and can supply that water, but that city was bound to disappear sooner or later.
>>
>>78116808
>Latin Americans do enjoy many advantages if they choose to move to Spain.
please tell me more about these advantages
>>
>>78116949
They don't have to live in Latin America.
That's all the advantage they need.
>>
>>78116931
Can you actually prove that or is this just baseless conjecture
>>
>>78116971
Mexico's neighbor. California.
Look at all of the dams we have, and their water levels in the past few years.
The water to support a large number of people is going to be used in farms, sewage, drink, power (turbine/mill), industry, and so on.

You should have noticed by now that there is an increasing trend in dropping water levels of fresh water bodies everyhere
>>
>>78116527
>Spain
>not others mexicans angry with these others mexicans
Btw Cortes probably exaggerated about the city to give himself more merits on its conquest
>>
>>78116949
2 years of legal residence in order to aply for citizenship as opposed to 10 years for other people for starters. Legal residence is actually quite easy to get if you're Spanish diaspora.

Yes, I do understand there's a problem with migration, but overall there's been a strong comitment from Spain to work in joint projects such as the Iberoamerican states.
>>
File: carthage01.jpg (138KB, 890x594px) Image search: [Google]
carthage01.jpg
138KB, 890x594px
>>78116527
Rome destroyed ALL of this
*reddit space*
And they did it over some pride
*reddit space*
Bet that was a proud fucking moment.
>>
File: Ajusco.jpg (209KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
Ajusco.jpg
209KB, 1200x800px
>>78117139
That may be but there's chronicles by several other observers, the particular comparison with Constantinople I think comes from Bernardino de Sahagún. And then there's the small matter of Archeological excavations, such as in Templo Mayor, actually confirming some details which may have previously been thought as exaggerations. That Mexico City was built in a monumental scale any tourist can confirm easy enough.

>>78117039
Actually the problem with water in Mexico City is floods. I know people aren't used to thinking of Mexico as forests and lakes but the Anahuac valley is at an altitude above 2,000 meters, the city has a lot of issues on standing in what should be a natural water reservoir. It never should have grown as large as it did. In all fairness no city in the world should be that big.
>>
>>78116527
>A bunch of sun worshippers died
literally who cares they all would have died to disease eventually it was always going to happen
>>
>>78117146
i d destroy it too desu
>>
He's not only destroyed Tenochtitlan, i bet he destroyed many native pussies as well
>>
>>78117146
Pls stop, this hurts.
>>
>>78117475
kek
>>
>>78116527
Yellow rocks AND yellow pussy
>>
>>78116527
Spain didn't exist back then, it was the Crown of Castile.
>>
File: stoltenberg.jpg (33KB, 503x575px) Image search: [Google]
stoltenberg.jpg
33KB, 503x575px
>>78116527
Spain needs to pay for this atrocious crime.
>>
Can't believe Spain killed my ancestors. Sad.
>>
>>78118030
How are they your ancestors? They were all killed right?
>>
>>78118135
Not all.
>>
>>78118188
Are you sure?
>>
>>78118229
Pretty sure anon.
>>
>>78116949
They are part of the EU, and it's incredibly easy to obtain their citizenship. With it, I can move and work freely in your country, for example, among others.
>>
>>78118248
But are you really sure?
Got any references for me, I'd like to read about what happened to the survivors.
>>
if you get conquered its your own fault for being weak and stupid.
>>
File: Conquista de Guatemala.jpg (68KB, 564x488px) Image search: [Google]
Conquista de Guatemala.jpg
68KB, 564x488px
>>78118271
They became the Mexicans of today. Enough Aztecs survived they not only provided an industrial and agricultural base for further Spanish conquests, they became the soldiers doing many of those conquests. We are talking what was by far the most densely populated region of the Americas.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-09-16-07-01-50.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-09-16-07-01-50.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>78116971
Running out of water is bad.
>>
>>78118284
It's what we keep telling gringos
>>
>>78118329
So you guys have aztec blood in you? That's pretty cool.
>>
>>78118350
hey if whitey gets taken over by a bunch of fucking beaners, no one will feel bad for him. Literally had decades to stop it.
>>
>>78117789
No, it was already the Kingdom of Castile, Aragon and Lion that is Spain.
>>
>>78118371
Well not me, I'm from northern Mexico, but most Mexicans yes.
>>
>>78118387
So might makes right according to you?
>>
>>78118480
well if it rhymes, it must be true
>>
>>78118261

You still need to live there for a number of years

It's easy, sure, but it takes time
>>
>>78118910
Only two years, is not that bad
>>
>>78118498
Why do Canucks eat Hammocks?
>>
>>78121740
Doesn't rhyme
>>
Nothing personel, kiddo
>>
>>78116871
>Spanish conquistador Hernán Cortés arrived in Tenochtitlan on November 8, 1519. With an estimated population between 200,000 and 300,000, many scholars believe Tenochtitlan to have been among the largest cities in the world at that time.[14] Compared to Europe, only Paris, Venice and Constantinople might have rivaled it. It was five times the size of the London of Henry VIII.[6]

>"Our astonishment was indeed raised to the highest pitch, and we could not help remarking to each other, that all these buildings resembled the fairy castles we read of in Amadis de Gaul; so high, majestic, and splendid did the temples, towers, and houses of the town, all built of massive stone and lime, rise up out of the midst of the lake. Indeed, many of our men asked if what they saw was a mere dream. And the reader must not feel surprised at the manner in which I have expressed myself, for it is impossible to speak coolly of things which we had never seen nor heard of, nor even could have dreamt of, beforehand."
Bernal díaz del Castillo, True History of the Conquest of New Spain Chapter LXXXVII

>"Moctezuma possessed out of the city as well as within, numerous villas, each of which had its peculiar sources of amusement, and all were constructed in the best possible manner for the use of a great prince and lord. Within the city his palaces were so wonderful that it is hardly possible to describe their beauty and extent; I can only say that in Spain there is nothing equal to them."
- Hernan Cortes, Second Letter of Relation to Charles V
>>
>>78118436
No it wasn't retard. Even Antonio Pérez escaped the fury of Felipe II by escaping to the Crown of Aragón. He had to use the Inquisition to reach him but he then escaped to France. You are mixing shit, Castile, like León or Galicia, was a kingdom but all of them joined and formed the Crown of Castille, alongside with the kingdom of Seville, Jaén or Granada.

When Columbus discovered America the Catholic Monarchs dediced to give those territories to Castille because the king had more power than the king of Aragon, that was under the control of las cortes.
>>
>>78122543
Btw, what flag used Columbus or Cortés? The Castillian of course. Where was the city with the monopoly to trade with America? In Castille of course.

Aragon had enough ruling over half of Italy.
>>
>>78116527
wtf! spain genocide when?
>>
>>78116711
>The fact that Aztecs used to made human sacrifices wasn't important at all.
>>
>>78123011
not soon enough
>>
File: Dama de Elche.jpg (185KB, 902x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Dama de Elche.jpg
185KB, 902x1200px
Meh
Rome destroyed Numantia, los Millares and all the pre romantic cultures of the peninsula but they gave more than they destroyed and our countries were built thanks for that.
We are not going to pay reparations if that's what you're trying to say, the descendants of the people that destroyed tenochtitlan are mexicans, the spaniards of today are descendants of the retards who stayed in the peninsula and fought againts the ottomans and in the european wars.
>>
>>78116908
They were impressed to find 60 000 people (basically the population of the whole Florence or Lisbon at the time) in a single marketplace, which was "so well regulated and with such order" ("tan bien compasada y con tanto concierto").

>(About Tlatelolco) The bustle and noise occasioned by this multitude of human beings was so great that it could be heard at a distance of more than four miles. Some of our men, who had been at Constantinople and Rome, and travelled through the whole of Italy, said that they never had seen a market-place of such large dimensions, or which was so well regulated, or so crowded with people as this one at Mexico.
- The True History of the Conquest of New Spain by Bernal Diaz del Castillo, Chapter XCII

>>78117139
>Btw Cortes probably exaggerated about the city to give himself more merits on its conquest
well ..

>It has also been suggested that the Spanish conquest of Mesoamerica influenced the history of the botanical garden[14] as gardens in Tenochtitlan established by king Nezahualcoyotl,[18] also gardens in Chalco (altépetl) and elsewhere, greatly impressed the Spanish invaders, not only with their appearance, but also because the indigenous Aztecs employed many more medicinal plants than did the classical world of Europe.[19][20] Hernando Cortés reportedly told the Spanish monarch that the Aztec physicians were superior to those in Spain, so superior, in fact, that the king need not bother sending Spanish physicians to the New World. Statement was later confirmed in an early letter by the personal physian of the Spanish monarch who spent 7 years studying the Aztec medicine in a research trip that was expected to last 6 months: ‘"I marveled, in this and in innumerable other herbs, which are nameless among us, how in the Indies, where people are so uncultured and barbaric, there are so many herbs, some with known uses and some without, but there is almost none, which is not known to them and given a particular name".
>>
>>78124144
>trusting spaniards

This is why your ancestors got raped.

>lolz tios help us free you from the evul aztecs
>yeah sure!
>oh tios we need to enslave you now that aztecs are gone, sorry
>>
>>78123999
give back the oro puto galle
>>
File: 1501250229148.jpg (191KB, 500x677px) Image search: [Google]
1501250229148.jpg
191KB, 500x677px
>>78124203
Well, we can agree on that. Aztecs were not that better though.
>>
>>78116527
WTF I HATE SPAIN NOW
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.