[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Travelling to Japan with panic disorder

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

File: yokohama.jpg (577KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
yokohama.jpg
577KB, 1920x1080px
I will have to travel to japan, soon. However, I have a panic disorder with panic attacks whenever I am stressed to some level, which will most likely be the case when travelling to a country on the other end of the world. This includes the fear of sudden heart attacks and other ways of just dying suddenly like strokes and stuff.

Can I expect some kind of help in the case of a sudden panic attack in public or will people look away because I am not japanese and don't speak the language? And how are panic disorders seen in general in Japan? As Japan is a modern industry nation, I guess they are just as common there as they are here.
>>
fujiyama
>>
Someone post the copy pasta of the german eating potato chips on the toilet in his hostel in Tokyo
>>
>>78081497
Did you know a guy from Germany visited Nagasaki stabbed Japanese stranger recently?
>>
>>78081497
That's one hell of a shopped picture.
>>
>>78081600
So do japanese hate all germans now? I guess not.
>>78081664
I know.
>>
>>78081497
what kind of help do you need when panic attack hits?
>>
>>78081701
Usually not any help at all, besides people not laughing at it. Only in more extreme cases someone taking me out of the panic spiral by talking to me, in the optimal case someone who understands panic disorder well or has panic disorder himself.
>>
>>78081689

I am just wondering if Germans knew about this news. People here are just confusing why he did it. The media has not unformed us a lot why and what made him do.
>>
>>78081805
Is there any article about it?
>>
>>78081497
Seriously doubt they'll help you, many japs seem very reserved and unlikely to interact with strangers.

Not sure that I'd even help someone having a panic attack unless they were asking for help. Like what symptoms do you present? Fast breathing? Muttering?

They're likely to look away but you never know.
>>
>>78081805
Haven't seen a single report on this, sorry. But it would be just as confusing to people here as it is for you japanese.
>>
File: help card.jpg (40KB, 480x438px) Image search: [Google]
help card.jpg
40KB, 480x438px
>>78081798
I suggest that you pick up a 'help card' at a Tokyo metro station as soon as you arrive in Tokyo.
You can write down your condition and help you need on the back of it and wear it while you are in Japan.
>>
>>78081873
It's pretty good to know that you have something like this. I already have something similar here in my country.
>>
Go to Osaka
They are friendly
>>
>>78081826

I tried to find English source, I could not find any. This might be terror. This attack could be hided by government to not to be delivered hysteria.
For me this incident is very skeptical in many ways.
>>
File: help card 1.jpg (235KB, 848x1199px) Image search: [Google]
help card 1.jpg
235KB, 848x1199px
>>78081933
>>
File: help card 2.jpg (216KB, 848x1199px) Image search: [Google]
help card 2.jpg
216KB, 848x1199px
>>78081933
Just post what you need to put on the card on one of the Japanese Thread. There'll be someone who will translate it for you.
>>
>>78081497
I hope this site may help you.
http://www.jdg.or.jp/events
>>
>>78081943
That's pretty fucked up, especially when it happens in Japan. Was he white? or is that not known aswell?
>>
>>78082038
We don't know other than his name.
>>
>>78081497
There are not many people who understand, but considering risks, it is desirable to accompany caregivers for emergency situations.
Even in Tokyo, there is a possibility that police officers treat them as criminals without listening to any defenses in order to fulfill the norm.
>>
https://emergency.co.jp/english/
>>
>>78081497
just man up and stop being pussy
>>
Japan and Korea are terrible places to live for people with anxiety issues.

t. anxious guy
>>
>>78081497
Why doesn't Germany send the best ones
>>
>>78081497
Go to your doctor, tell him what you told us, get a bottle of ativan or something to bring on your trip.

I'm not normally a fan of those drugs but I think in this case it would be okay to keep yourself doped up.
>>
>>78082683
>>78082286
>>78082087
>>78082027
>>78081993
>>78081949
>>78081873
Thank you for all the help and advice.
>>
>>78083010
just bring enough benzos
>>
>>78081497
I prefer decent French to dismal German
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.