[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

To the Romanian moving to Canada >>78077784 >>78077784

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

To the Romanian moving to Canada

>>78077784
>>78077784
>>
File: 1501314968181.jpg (48KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
1501314968181.jpg
48KB, 600x800px
(Chinese) Canadian here

You'll be at home, Canada is very welcoming towards immigrants. The supposed model for immigration is a mosaic where different cultures coexist as opposed to a meeting pot where they blend, like the US. Although an overarching assumption is integration into Canadian society.

On one hand, what is Canada beyond being polite, Tim Hortons, being under the cultural hegemony of the US, hockey, Poutine, and not liking Quebec

On the other, Canada has a proud history that is a unique part of its shared identity and shaped by successive immigrant groups. The non-PC undercurrent of thought is whether or not this identity can be allowed to be stretched too far in the name of diversity and how much tolerance and plurality there is before what defines Canadianness is but lip service.

But there thing is, these are extremist views. If you integrate well, 90% of normies couldn't care less, if you take the effort to learn history, politics, and geography, it's probably 98%, if you achieve mastery you're accepted with honours.

Ethnic nationalism isn't a thing because of the much stronger stain in history of negative treatment of natives, whereas America can pretend they don't exist. Canada has a history with immigrant groups from Europe that were poor and stigmatized by other Europeans, e.g. Ukraine. As such the ideal of civic nationalism is much more applicable and present as opposed to ethnic. Far-right thought mirrors its Southern counterpart, e.g. Muzzies and darkies, but it's much more toned down and nipped in the bud. As a thought exercise, are "white Canadians the original ancestors and sole inheritors of Canada"? If so, how is the plight of natives and their claim of a homeland justified?

In the US, the popular rhetoric frequently goes beyond that, and to the point about the fact that native Americans didn't consider it their land or that America was founded as a white nation.

There are almost no racisl tensions. nobody cares irl stop worrying
>>
>>78081481
If that isn't silly clickbait then that officer is absolutely based.
>>
everybody tell that chink piece of shit to kill itself
kill yourself
>>
>>78081512
very informative post
>>
All I ask is that you learn to speak English at a competent level and get a job

Otherwise come on over bud, just don't break the law
>>
>>78081693
Reminder that racism is illegal in most modern countries
>>
bump for the Roma anon
>>
>>78081481
that guy looks whiter than 99% of rromani-ans
>>
>>78084500
I didn't know you had internet access in your caravans lmao
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.