[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hawaii

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_1138.jpg (188KB, 532x783px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1138.jpg
188KB, 532x783px
So I'm moving to Hawaii soon and I've never been before. I hear the Asians and Hawaiians hate everyone that doesn't look Asian there, but I'm white so should I prepare to get shit on all the time? Also I already have an Asian gf so I don't get the pleasure of banging all the Asian islanders ;_;

Anyway, any protips for Oahu from anyone that's been there before?
>>
If you surf don't surf around natives
>>
>the Asians

???
>>
>>78078750
Hawaii has a lot of Japanese
>>
>>78078750
Japanese/Chinese/Koreans that never made it all the way to the mainland US. It's the only state with more Asians than whites people. Native Hawaiians are only 10% of the population, Asians are almost 40, and whites are only 25% with the rest being HAPAs.
>>
>>78078664
1) Everything is expensive, and I do mean everything. You might end up paying like $10 for a gallon of milk.

2) Native Hawaiians are generally poor and some have a penchant for violence. You shouldn't be afraid of them, but you should regard going into their neighborhoods or being surrounded by them as you would going into a poor black neighborhood on the mainland. If you exercise caution and show appropriate respect, you'll probably be fine.

3) Asians are everywhere, but not particularly xenophobic. They don't have very strong in-group identities, and many of the ones you'll meet will descend from a handful of different East and Southeast Asian ethnic groups. Basically, think along the lines of the European-descended mutts on the mainland and you have Hawaiian Asians.

4) Everyone will assume you're either well-off or a member of the military if you're white.
>>
>I'm white so should I prepare to get shit on all the time?

yes OP

your need to stay out of hawai whittu piggu

Hawaii belongs to Japan, not US
>>
File: Screenshot (32).png (108KB, 280x606px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (32).png
108KB, 280x606px
>>78079108
be afraid of the natives.. very afraid
>>
>>78079108
I am a member of the military (Army officer), is that a bad thing?
>>
>>78079285
Not really. The military is well-respected on the islands and Hawaiians consistently enlist at a much higher rate than the national average.
>>
File: 1493926016527.jpg (46KB, 382x397px) Image search: [Google]
1493926016527.jpg
46KB, 382x397px
>>78079285
What rank?
Gib military secrets?
>>
>>78079410
2LT in the Cavalry so I'm basically as familiar with military secrets as you are.
>>
File: 1487728107359.jpg (12KB, 258x245px) Image search: [Google]
1487728107359.jpg
12KB, 258x245px
>>78079468
>being in the Cavalry in the 21st century
>>
File: IMG_1140.jpg (57KB, 404x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1140.jpg
57KB, 404x600px
>>78079484
Our job is basically to go out and get killed conducting "reconnaissance." We're more or less the canary birds that miners used to take with them to know if they were gonna get killed by poison gas.
>>
>>78079568
Is that like Armored Reconnaissance? What vehicles do you use?
>>
>>78080106
Depends on the unit but they can be humvees, Strykers, or Bradleys. They all basically follow the same M.O. with dismounted scouts going forward and the vehicles supporting. Obviously there are some differences since Bradleys are much more survivalble than a humvee.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.