[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Will we be seeing an independent Catalonia by the end of the year?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 8

File: _93547029_spaincatalonia4641114.jpg (18KB, 624x351px) Image search: [Google]
_93547029_spaincatalonia4641114.jpg
18KB, 624x351px
Will we be seeing an independent Catalonia by the end of the year?
>>
>>78063394
I'm french and living in Barcelona, I wonder if they'll kick me out.
>>
>>78063394
It's spelled "Castille".
>>
>>78063490
Would you like to live in a new independent country?
>>
Is the gray area in the West also independent from Spain?
>>
>>78063394
Probably not. Catalan gov't doesn't have the balls to do it.

but Catalonia will be independent eventually. it's just a matter of time.
>>
>>78063847
I wouldn't mind, they look like they know how to handle things over here, they look okay with french people. If they get independent and still accepts french people I'd probably stay, it's not really my business anyway.
>>
>>78063910
Unironically they succeded in their independence while Spain was fighting a massive revolt in Catalonia, the Reaper's War, and also the Thirty Years War in Europe.
>>
>>78064039
my ex-gf was half french and from waht she has told me and other people aswell it seems that there are a lot of french people in catalonia (catalonian btw)
>>
File: bearded-man-in-short-shorts.jpg (74KB, 500x393px) Image search: [Google]
bearded-man-in-short-shorts.jpg
74KB, 500x393px
>>78063394
>>
I wonder what Andorrans would have to say about suddenly not sharing a border with Spain.
>>
>>78063987
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-40496700

Sounds like they're already planning to go along with it m8.
>>
>>78065003
they said the same past year

called elections instead
>>
>>78065003
UN already ruled Catalonia independence unlawful. Who's gonna acknowledge it? Catalonia Is typical west European cucks anyway, it's not like they'll have armed resistance against Spain.
>>
>>78065113
Yeah but Spain's economy is not getting any better so why would Catalonia want to tread water on a sinking ship?

>>78065143
UN didn't rule shit. Self-determination is integral to the UN charter of human rights. If Catalonia declares independence then there's no way Spain can legally suppress that, and any show of force will be met with swift international condemnation.
>>
>>78065900
I'm just saying they wont' declare independence this year

i'm not a unionist
>>
My dream is to live in a 4-country Iberia: Portugalicia, Leon, Castille and Catalonia, separated evenly into 4 similar-width stripes like the languages used to be.

That would make for neat maps.
>>
>>78066125
>implying Portugal+Galicia make more sense than Galicia+Leon+Asturias
>>
>>78066125
>Portugalicia, Leon, Castille and Catalonia
Not Granada?
>>
>>78066181
>>78066187
I want the logical conclusion to the beginning of this gif.

I guess I forgot aragonese.
>>
>>78065900
t. Jewtalonian in straya
>>
File: eu 2016.png (20KB, 560x300px) Image search: [Google]
eu 2016.png
20KB, 560x300px
>>78065900
>spanish economy is not gettin better

lol wat? spain is gowning 3.1%. literally the most growning economy in EU. and unemployement is going down too
>>
>>78066419
S I N K I N G S H I P
>>
>>78066254
So like a tricolor of blue, green and yellow?
>>
>>78066419
Don't give (you)s to him. He is just a jewtalonian.

NATO won't risk a strategic member just because a few politicians wants to steal more from their people. USA and europe allowing catalonian independence means Spain switching sides and getting close to Russia and China who would like to have one of the two doors of the Mediterranean in their side.

They can keep dreaming.
>>
>>78065900
>Self-determination is integral to the UN charter of human rights.
That's where your wrong. UN is designed for self-determination of European oversees colonies. Not for self-determination of every group in the world which wants to declare independence. If that was the case, Pakistan, India, Congo and Nigeria would have split into a million countries by now.
>>
>>78063394
>Catalonia
>independent
Enjoy being bankrupt in ten seconds, catalan faggots.
>>
>>78064740
what's there to say? they're just a ski resort
>>
>>78066419
>unemployement is going down too
>>
>>78066814
source?
>>
>>78068029
>>78064740
Plus, they're already the only Catalan-speaking country in the world.
>>
>>78069622
Catalan has official status in Spain.
>>
>>78063394
No
>>
>>78066738
They said the same about Kosovo y'know...
>>
>>78069781
Co-official, and only in certain regions.

Andorra is the only country where Catalan is THE official language.
>>
>>78070039
alright, now you're correct
>>
>Independent catalonia
>Still in EU with Spain
What's the point?
>>
>>78070137
they will be out of the EU in case they get their independence and would have to go through the whole application process, I think
>>
>>78070198
What would happen to Spain? Their contribution to the EU would change with a large chunk of the population gone.

Would they have to renegotiate some stuff?
>>
>>78070137
don't die with the indepence thanks to the european economic help (even if that means trouble politically with Spain and motivates other european independentist movements)
>>
>>78070198
They carpet bombed Serbian children for less, it wont happen.
>>78070276
But what's the point of separating when you are on a borderless union anyway?
>>
>>78070242
all of this is speculation but...
In the case of Catalonia
First most of the large catalan companies sell in Spain so they have to leave Catalonia (some already said to move in case of independence), then help people who didn't want the independence giving them a house in Spain.
Europe has to solve the economic problem of Spain that is the one that is in the Union is more important economically and politically.
>>
Hypothetically speaking, what would be the official languages of an independent Catalonia?

Just Catalan, or Catalan and Spanish?
>>
>>78069951
Kosovo? What is Kosovo nowadays? A shithole with a USA base. And Serbia? A shithole with a russian base.

Thats just a big chess game. And as soon as we are in the same ship as the ruler of the world we won't have any problem because they won't allow a new state that can be use by their enemys to threaten them.
>>
>>78070312
In order to give catalan politicians absolute control of the country, making the Catalan dream of independence real
>>
>>78070618
De jure only Catalan, de facto both
>>
>>78066814
This. Furthermore, when Crimea self-determined that they wanted to become part of Russia everyone lost their minds
>>
File: iberia.jpg (196KB, 1414x925px) Image search: [Google]
iberia.jpg
196KB, 1414x925px
hope so, Spain needs to be reduced to Castilla, pic related
>>
>>78070618
Some catalans with andalusian origins believes in the second option but i'm sure that they will only speak in catalan. Their anti-spanish propaganda is going to make them lost the way that they had to communicate to the other people of the peninsula (basques, asturians, leoneses and galicians included) and basically a third part of world (Latino America)
>>
File: 1200px-Castilla_Carretero.png (184KB, 1200x956px) Image search: [Google]
1200px-Castilla_Carretero.png
184KB, 1200x956px
>>78070859
thats too big
PURE CASTILE is this
https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carreterismo
the rest is conquered land

you can't defeat castilian autismo
>>
>>78063987
Why do they want independence? Spain has been united for hundreds of years, why rock the boat now?
>>
>>78071235
> why rock the boat now?
They didn't wake up one morning and decided they wanted to be independent.

There's historical, cultural and economical reasons behind their claim for independence.
As of late, the economical reasons are the main drive, with the historical and cultural reasons backing it up.
>>
>>78071803
The same argument about culture and history could be made for just about any country in Yurp, yet Catalonia is one of the only "countries" trying to get indepdence.

The economics aspect is what I was getting at. It makes sense that they would want to break away if they're better off than the rest of the country. They probably just use muh heritage to explain it to the low brows who go cross-eyed when you start saying words like 'economics'
>>
File: 1497018763574.png (56KB, 1264x866px) Image search: [Google]
1497018763574.png
56KB, 1264x866px
>>78071996
Because they benefit from trying to be independent, not being it, it's a corrupt movement started by one of the most corrupt pigs in the world, Jordi Pujol. Either way, the popularity for independence is getting lower as the country improves economically wise.

Basically, all of this Catalunya Lliure :DDDDD is a meme, don't listen to Alberto Barbosa, he has no fucking idea what he talks about, he just assumes to have an answer because he's the neighbor of Spen
>>
>>78072063
I didn't take any side.
>>
>>78072083
You fell for the historical meme, they were never nation and when it tried it got blown the fuck out by France. They manipulate Aragón's history to make it seem as if they were the true rulers.
>>
>>78066254
Aragonese, Catalan and Occitan were basically the same language up to the 15th century. They have evolved differently but Aragonese is practically extinct and Occitan, well, it is practically extinct too and not even co-official in France (but it is in Catalonia).
>>
>>78072185
they're always crying that we only got our independence "thanks to their revolt", so yeah, I fell for the meme, whatever it is
>>
>>78070859
Llámalo Países Castellanos en vez de Países Españoles.

En un caso como ese todos seríamos igual de españoles y manteniendo nuestra culturas y lenguas propias.

No en vano España viene etimológicamente de Hispania, que era toda la península y sus habitantes eran todos Hispanos.
>>
>>78071803
Ayy the eternal cuck history of catalonia, never won the fight of independence in the 5 revolts that i remember through their history
>>
>>78072339
>En un caso como ese todos seríamos igual de españoles y manteniendo nuestra culturas y lenguas propias.
permiteme discrepar
andalucia mata mi cultura, exijo un muro que nos separe y asi no exportan su cultura.
>>
>>78072185
>They manipulate Aragón's history to make it seem as if they were the true rulers.

Well, the rulers of the Crown of Aragon like James the Conqueror spoke in Catalan, he even wrote a book called "Llibre dels Feits" entirely in catalan.

The very same foundation of the Crown of Aragon (different entity from the Kingdom of Aragon) was by a royal marriage between catalan and aragonese monarchs, so it was ruled 50/50 by catalans and aragonese. However, the catalan culture was more dominant, they were richer with an important port and a merchant fleet, had more population and a bigger army so it was just natural that they ended having more influencem, no wonder most regions conquered to the moors were also repopulated by catalans or ended speaking in that language. Still, the country remained named Aragon due to the nobiliary order, paradoxes of life and history.
>>
>>78072396
Catalans in 1714 didn't fight for independence, they fought for their "fueros" and the Austrian heir to the throne. Same with many other revolts which were mere pesant revolts asking for more tax leverage or less military abuse.
>>
>>78072586
fuck, i meant reduced taxes.
Thread posts: 64
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.