[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to talk about games.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 10

File: Hero_of_the_People.png (237KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
Hero_of_the_People.png
237KB, 512x512px
I'm curious as to what our non-western friends think about western games compared to their own. A lot of MMO games I play that originate from around Asia are really grindy.

Do y'all from over there feel that western MMOs are too quick when it comes to leveling?

Also why does it seem that potions are such a big deal over there? It feels like the game expects me to continuously chug through them.

Not trying to bash here, just genuinely curious, since we don't get a lot of games that make the jump over here.
>>
i am a westerner so i will answer these questions

1 the grinding comes from additional skilled leveled xp made infamous by lineage 2 and so on, basically unlike leveled leveling the skilled leveling upgrades the skill being used so the more you use the better it will become within the limit of each level

2 game mechanic in either no mana regen or cooldown on basic heals and it promotes player economy if there is any

you can play a lot of their games they have international english versions available
>>
File: grimderp.jpg (112KB, 593x677px) Image search: [Google]
grimderp.jpg
112KB, 593x677px
>>78037652
I played WoW and had to quit after patch 7-point-whatever (the Broken Shore one) because it was so goddamn boring. I heard they opened up the Tomb of Sargeras since then but I couldn't give a flying donkey dick anymore. The average ilvl is probably like 930 now and that's before even accounting for AP grind. Sometimes I remember my toons and think about how I'd like to get back in the game and slaughter Horde kiddies on my ret pally or BM hunt but then I remember how goddamn time-consuming it is (and how shitty BM hunts are now) and I fall back on passive "in-and-out" games like Civ 5 or quick ASSFAGGOTS like HotS.
>>
>>78038245
i stopped at mists of pandaria
>>
>>78038239
what the fuck did I jusr read
>>
>>78038239
allow me to clarify, from a western perspective

basically say you are allowed 60 of levels for x skill per level, ie at char level 3 you can max at 180 at x

but if you did 50+45+40 at 3 levels the max you get for x at level 4 is only 195 versus 240, gimping your char forever

this kind of skill building is not used often anymore but it was one of the reasons for in-level griding, ie max all skill levels before char levels
>>
File: kritika_sharingicon_01.png (1MB, 1012x506px) Image search: [Google]
kritika_sharingicon_01.png
1MB, 1012x506px
>>78038311
>>78038245
I stopped just after WoD released. Mists was pretty fun, but all my friends left, and it was no fun playing alone.

Are there any other MMOs in Thailand, or anything that you're playing at the moment? Friends got me playing pic related at the moment, hopped over from Black Desert Online. Both come out of Korea if my memory serves correctly

It's really weird to see how WoW doesn't have an enhancement system (+1, +2, etc), yet every game that comes out of the Asia area does.
>>78038239
>2 game mechanic in either no mana regen or cooldown on basic heals and it promotes player economy if there is any
I buy all my potions from vendors, so I don't think that's really the case...
>>
>>78038430
it's a money spending thing these games always have special pots with either events or for rl money
>>
>>78038473
Why is pay to win such a common prevalence in the east? The west seems to really dislike that system
>>
>>78038430
>Are there any other MMOs in Thailand, or anything that you're playing at the moment?
I'm not playing MMOs anymore. They're just too tedious and I think I'm outgrowing the appeal of having a second job. I'm sure I'll go back to WoW at some point (maybe during the Argus campaign) but right now I'm just sticking with quickplay games that aren't P2W.

So no phone games obv.
>>
>>78039572
What are you playing? I've been playing Eternal myself (Hence the OP image) when not playing various MMOs with my friends.

Shame about a lack of co-op games these days that aren't Mobas.
>>
File: rt.jpg (547KB, 1280x1437px) Image search: [Google]
rt.jpg
547KB, 1280x1437px
>>78039749
As I mentioned, I'm playing HotS and Civ 5 for the most part but I'm also considering a Star Trek mod for Civ 4 if that counts. I usually don't do mods but I really want a sci-fi 4x that isn't /gsg/ like Stellaris and Civ Beyond Earth was just a mind-numbing disappointment in the end.
>>
>>>/vint/
>>
>>78039816
Civ 5? Not 6?
Have you looked into Endless Space? It's another Sci-fi civ-like.

>>78039833
If only
>>
File: 1501914504419.png (19KB, 724x552px)
1501914504419.png
19KB, 724x552px
>>78037652
>2017
>playing MMO

90% of good games are made by westerners or japanese, other ppl just don't know how to design a game
>>
>>78039853
i know that everyone hate generals but,why not make a int videogame general?
it would be slow as fuck isn't it.
>>
File: CD_Projekt_Logo.png (36KB, 471x259px)
CD_Projekt_Logo.png
36KB, 471x259px
>>78039927
>it would be slow as fuck isn't it.
Don't quite understand what you're trying to tell me

>>78039912
Polish aren't bad. I'm hoping Cyberpunk 2077 turns out to be good.
>>
>>78039972
that the thread would be slow and maybe get deleted by janitors for not be /int/ related.
>>
File: Civi6.jpg (2MB, 1916x2155px) Image search: [Google]
Civi6.jpg
2MB, 1916x2155px
>>78039853
>Civ 5? Not 6?
Endless Space is just boring and I couldn't get into Endless Legend. I'm still waiting on the xpacs for Civ 6, not falling for that shitshow again. They don't even have fucking Mongols yet. I'm in no real hurry though, the cartoony artwork isn't doing it for me.
>>
File: JUSTFUCKMYSHITUP.jpg (2MB, 3228x3016px) Image search: [Google]
JUSTFUCKMYSHITUP.jpg
2MB, 3228x3016px
>>78040073
I´m still triggered about how CivVI turned out. CivV BNW is way better than this shit.
>>
>>78040111
Ha. I made that image for /v/. Glad to see it still making the rounds. Took me like an hour in paint because I'm autistic.
>>
File: 1488616156548.jpg (19KB, 388x392px) Image search: [Google]
1488616156548.jpg
19KB, 388x392px
>>78039972
>implying polish aren't westerner
they are

btw do you have any idea of how fucked up chinese MMO game is?
We literally have
>auto quest-taking
>auto path-finding
>auto monster-fighting
>auto spell-casting
>auto potion-drinking
>auto item-collecting
you don't have to "play" game anymore, the game "play" itself
and they have the shittest game advertisement you will ever seen
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvN8AB0EZAQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gN_kXHmVN4
JUST FUKCING END MY LIFE IN THIS GAMER HELLHOLE ALREADY!
>>
>>78039816
>HotS

My nigga. What level and which heroes do you play the most?
>>
>>78040252
Sorry Taiwan guy. I'm a dumb american and don't really know where the line of 'Eastern european' and 'Western' really falls

Those MMO commercials really look like shit.
>>
In Burma all we play is DOTA 2, Csgo, newest fifa and call of duty.

So just normie shit
>>
asian mmos i've played felt like visual novels where you run to NPCs and accept and complete over a thousand quest that just increase XP and dump a bunch of items on you. They have amazing character creators though.

ARPGs > WRPGs > western MMOs > JRPGs > eastern MMOs
>>
>>78040920
>ARPGs
Action RPGS? Things like Monster hunter? Or do you mean things like Diablo?
>>
>>78040973
diablo, grim dawn, path of exile, etc.
never played monster hunter before
>>
>>78041024
Couldn't get into PoE. Diablo has been hit and miss here, but Grim dawn was fun.

Has there been any non-western ARPGs? I can't think of any off of the top of my head.
>>
roguelike games are bad. the roguelike genre is the modern day equivalent of game devs making their NES games bullshit hard so that people didn’t beat them in two hours. its pure laziness. they don’t want to spend time designing actual levels or creating long-lasting game content, so instead they rely on random generation and bullshit difficulty to artificially extend their games.

if you see the word “roguelike” on a game you should assume that means “we only made one hour’s worth of content for our game so we cranked up the difficulty so that nobody could beat it.”
>>
>>78041228
>he can't beat roguelikes
>>
File: storm.png (60KB, 476x256px)
storm.png
60KB, 476x256px
I like Final Fantasy XIV
>>
>>78041024
You should definetely try monster hunter
>>
>>78040111
Don't want to say it but
Women ruin everything
>>
>>78041074
closest would be dark souls I think.
>>
>>78041729
I don't think Beyond Earth had any women
>>
>>78042132
beyond earth had plenty women leaders
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.