[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

As a white American, if I moved to the Netherlands, would I be

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: Flag_of_the_Netherlands.svg.png (11KB, 2000x1333px) Image search: [Google]
Flag_of_the_Netherlands.svg.png
11KB, 2000x1333px
As a white American, if I moved to the Netherlands, would I be accepted into their society?
>>
File: 1426606881662.png (21KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1426606881662.png
21KB, 900x900px
>as a white american
>>
>>78024447
why on earth would someone move to an European country besides Spain?
>>
If you speak Dutch. Only anglos in the Netherlands never manage to learn Dutch.

Also, making friends with Dutch people takes a bit more effort than your used to. Dutch people are friendly, but not really interested in making lasting friendships. So you have to invite people over yourself or offer to get a drink with them yourself, at least at first.
>>
>>78024806
I've always had to do that anyway. Nobody has ever invited me to go anywhere, it's always been me offering to go somewhere and usually pay the bill.

So I won't be accepted there if I only speak english?
>>
>>78024806
>Dutch people are friendly, but not really interested in making lasting friendships
Why is that?
>>
>>78024925
Let me put it this way. Nobody cares. In the Netherlands nobody accepts you or doesn't accept you. They simply do not care.
That's Dutch culture. We're not progressive weed smoking homosexual loving progressives or whatever. People just don't give a fuck. About you or anything else outside of their life.
That's also why people are easy to make contact with but hard to build a relation with.

But making friends, getting a job, following the news, or doing pretty much anything is easier when you speak the language of the land.
>>
>>78024697
>congolombia
>>
>>78024447
It won't be easy, because everyone has his own small community. People from villages only accept people from their villages and friendships between people from different provinces are very rare. The easiest way to be accepted here is to get a job and become a community with your colleagues. But if you don't learn Dutch you don't even have to try to get friends here. People want you to speak Dutch here if you want to start a friendship.
>>
>>78025051
Part of why I want to emigrate tbqh
>>
File: 06 04.jpg (88KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
06 04.jpg
88KB, 600x600px
>>78024697
>spain
>european

sudaca ecuation
>>
>>78028800
because the average person doesn't give a fuck about anything other than their personal lifes? I mean, seems it's pretty normal adulthood in a lot of places desu. Doesn't seem like it's exclusive to dutch people. However, it does seem like dutch are very distant.

Not OP, but will managing to make a dutch friend be a long lasting friendship or will it be like, meh who cares?
>>
>>78024697
>Spain
>European

We should colonize you again for this blasphemy.
>>
>>78028908
Depends on both you and the person, really no way to say
>>
Nearly all Dutch people speak English, but it takes speaking Dutch to get to know Dutch people
>>
>>78024447
absolutely not, the Dutch are renowned around the world for being incredinmbly xenophobic people. Foreigners are regularly killed on the streets and tossed into the canals for the sea life to feed on.

The Dutch are also known for being some of the most monolingual people in Europe, you'll have immense difficulty finding people that speak English there, and if you don't learn Dutch you'll very likely starve to death because nobody will be willing to serve you food or allow you into grocery stores.
>>
>>78029526
This desu.
When you enter this country, bring presents and hold them above your head so we can see you come in peace.
>>
>>78029526
>>78029581
it is horrible
i once tried to visit the place but as soon as i entered the natives started chasing me and didnt give up until i biked to brussels
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.