[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Non-Anglos:

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 6

File: typical polish man.png (484KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
typical polish man.png
484KB, 1600x900px
How do you feel about native English speakers learning your language?
>>
>>78017408
anglos have an horrible accent / are unable to pronounce some sounds. They all sound like these guys

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grZUOj91vcU
>>
>>78018136
this. they can't even get our vocals right
>>
>>78018136
>>78018240
http://vocaroo.com

Let me hear YOUR accent
>>
>>78018356
superb posting skills famalam
>>
Depends on the country. Japanese are pretty much tired of baka gaijin wanting to learn their language.
If you pick Portuguese or Indonesian, on the other hand, you will have droves of lonely people trying to help you. First because the "market" for language exchange is saturated with Brazilians trying to learn other languages (and no one interested in ours), but second because there is a general feeling among Brazilians of "Wow, look at that awesome foreigner trying to learn our lowly and pathetic language, how grateful I am that someone would turn their attention to my niche and irrelevant language!", which greatly affects the metagame.

Laoshuu (in OP's pic) manages to get into people's heart specifically for that - he speaks even languages no other people would have interest in, such as Somali, Burmese, Viet, Macedonian, etc.

>>78018136
Not Laoshuu, he's a guy who learns all the basic small talk in 50+ languages and then builds from there, always imitating natives' patterns.

His accent in Portuguese is a mixture of very American with VERY NIGGER.
And I don't mean American nigger, he tries to imitate chadspeak from Rio de Janeiro, it's terribly comical. Holy shit.

Here's the video if anyone is interested:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnLGeuUTkzo
>>
Show me at least one native english speaker whos learning kyrgyz
>>
>>78018593

https://youtu.be/2dbRkE-Nb9M

He learned some words. It's kinda impressive considering that Kyrgyzstan is a literally who country
>>
There are a few of foreigners learning spanish , but i think is great and about their accent, i think is cute, it can be fixed with practice , maybe not at 100% in all cases , but to 90%
>>
>>78018446
>Not Laoshuu, he's a guy who learns all the basic small talk in 50+ languages

This is true for the most part but to be fair, he actually has a decent level in a handful of languages Chinese, Cantonese, Somali, ... whose mastery would be considered to be a big achievenment in their own right.
>>
It's cute when girls do it
>>
>>78018755
>Amanda Japarova
>My awesome host brother learned some Kyrgyz and Russian words
it's not like he wanted to learn kyrgyz language or didn't forget those words after a while
>>
R8 her German

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7ZyflA3rII
>>
>>78017408
I wonder why they do it.
>>
>>78018850
Yes, I'm just pointing out he learns with a more accent-friendly method, so languages where he's advanced will sound way better.

Although I have my doubts about how many languages are really strong - he once claimed Japanese was his second strongest language and, even though he speaks it well, his accent is uber-chink, he says rarirurero sounds with a full, flat L instead, for starters, which is something extremely regional in Japan
>>
>>78018908
>Schalke-Fan
HAHAHA

her pronunciation is pretty good, she sometimes stumbles over word order.
>>
>>78018908
Fluent, good pronunciation minor mistakes.

She could pass for a German who's spent several decades abroad
>>
>>78017408
>native English speakers learning your language?

No anglo learnes Korean
>>
>>78018942
I might've said that because his reading level is pretty high. After all he can read and write traditional and simplified.
>>
>>78019035
Well if you consider a CHI an Anglo, I knew a guy in one of my college courses that's learning Korean, because he's planning on working in tech and whatnot and wanted to work for Samsung.
>>
>>78018783
They are a lot of russian girls who have learned spanish, just take a look in yt.
>>
its usually literally impossible to understand when they use english pronunciation on spanish words
>>
>>78017408
They have accents that make them fun to mock.
>>
>>78019301
this
>>
I've heard plenty of Black guys having a decent Russian and Ukrainian, the Europeans on the other hand somehow suck at it.
Chinese are the absolute champions at Russian, in 2 years their Russian is super decent, might be cuz Chinese and Russian are kinda phonetically close.
>>
File: 1497082977050.jpg (23KB, 259x261px) Image search: [Google]
1497082977050.jpg
23KB, 259x261px
>>78020468
>Chinese and Russian are kinda phonetically close
>>
>>78019035
>implying
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5p4JU9AeUms
>>
>>78020601
You can't imagine how many words we have in common with different meanings, pronounced the same (well, in one of their tones)

Huylò/Huy being one of them, and kinda the most popular among aforementioned
>>
>>78018446
>Japanese are pretty much tired of baka gaijin wanting to learn their language.

Wonder why Japanese people message me first all the time then.
>>
>>78019035
I'll be learning Korean after jap ;^)
The only reason i went with jap in the first place is because i found better resources for it.
>>
Cute and funny
>>
Don't really understand why people would take the piss out of an anglo speaking another language.

When a Dutch/Swede/French speak English, their accents are amusing too but hey, at least they learnt a language, right?
>>
>>78021238
Anglos are the ones good at languages, because for them it's entertaining and they try as hard as they can, don't listen to those fuckers that say your pronounciation sucks, as they're the ones having shit pronounciation most of the times.

Also, it's a fact that English has a wide variety of vocal sounds, so it might even be easier for the anglos, but, who knows..
>>
>>78021238
Accent doesn't even really matter unless it's an indian accent. Then it just gets extremely obnoxious.

Other than that it's fine. I guess being English speakers we are so used to accents that it doesn't even phase us that someone is speaking weirdly.
>>
>>78018973
>>78018993
Interesting. Her dad Is German.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5RnYiltE-U
funniest shit ever
>>
>>78021406

Is he speaking Romanian or Oogah-boogah?
>>
>>78021505
a mix of both
his pronounciation is not that bad but I bet he has no fucking clue about what he's saying lmao
>>
On paper it's fine, in practice I always automatically respond in English though, or even worse, copy their broken accent.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3T9NslNuDA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEESC0XPNto
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_smGvZMBkA
I like foreign people taking interest on learning our ancient language.

Mitmaruna allin hamusqa kapaychik!
>>
they pronounce r in a really annoying way, it is cute when french or german cant do it but anglos just sound stupid
>>
>>78021950

It's because of two reasons. The first is that they can't roll their Rs. The second is that we have like five ways of pronouncing it.
>>
>>78020952
I think I extrapolated my thought process and ended up thinking of scenarios where non-anglos look for Japanese language partners - but Japs have enough anglo weebs to pick from if they ever need to learn English, no need to go for the other gaijins.
You have an advantage of being from the most sought-after language, but keep in mind your language is also way more available, Japs are disproportionately more targeted by people.
>>
>>78018850
I don't understand why this guy doesn't move to Taiwan. Maybe his wongfu wants to stay in the US? Either way, he could make a ton of kuai over there, knowing as much Chinese as he does.
>>
>>78018783
If you throw a lil spanish at latinos(mexicans) here they get freaked out and suspicious.. I suppose it is just THAT rare for gringo burgers to be bilingual...or just that cancerous to their ears
>>
>>78022679

Maybe because China is going to annex Taiwan soon....
>>
>>78022679
They divorced. His language coaching/small internet business is his only source of income.
>>
>>78022590
I guess. Normally they try to talk to me in English but we end up speaking in Japanese. They give up easy.

I feel bad speaking to them in Japanese when they want to learn English but my Japanese is normally better than theirs. And i wouldn't even consider myself advanced, i'm a lower intermediate.

I'm not bragging, but you're somewhat right. It's mostly the females that get angry with gaijin since there is a lot of weebs on HelloTalk that are there for other reasons and not language.

I always get their LINE's as well. That is essential, and i actually made a few friends so far. Really nice.
>>
>>78023224
Not that soon.

>>78023329
Fug. I haven't been following his channel lately. Shit sucks, man.
>>
File: AH.jpg (27KB, 525x380px) Image search: [Google]
AH.jpg
27KB, 525x380px
>>78023329
Wtf then what is holding him back?

Also isn't he a muzzie?
>>
>>78023407
Well, shit sucks because of the children but in my opinion it wasn't really smart to just go an marry the first Asian chick that was into him. She is more than 10 years older them him or something.

He got into lifting and actually looks kinda buff now. The stroke seemed to be a wake-up call. Though the channel went down the drain. He almost only reuploads old videos.
>>
>>78023329
>>78023407
Shit. Just checked and verified it. Well, I guess he can use his skills to pick up Chinese qts now.
>>
>>78017408
meh
My reaction would be "Why?"
But otherwise I don't care
>>
Depends.

If they speak it almost perfectly (sometimes happens) I'm impressed

If they speak like shit it's a bit awkward

If it's inbetween I try to help them and It's kinda cute
>>
>>78023555
Nah, he just says 'yeah I'm totally into Islam and it interests me' because otherwise the Somalis wouldn't shut up about it.
>>
>>78023614
He's been boning a Korean chick when he was there a while back. He presented her as her girlfriend in some convos in the video.
>>
>>78023732
Ah yeah and he had a vegetarian phase.
>>
File: 1471174858286.jpg (137KB, 728x546px) Image search: [Google]
1471174858286.jpg
137KB, 728x546px
>>78023356
Would you say you look handsome, or just having the right mindset of studying (and being the one being approached instead of approaching others) is enough?
Lately I've been thinking about just pretending to be American or some shit to get some Nip partners, they would genuinely learn a lot from me even if my accent is not flawless, and I could break that first barrier of getting to show my worth.

As for your asymmetrical relationship with your partner, it's common, people will always go by the path of least effort, being sticking to Japanese your case.
The only way to fix this is establishing a 50/50 division of time. Easiest way is having scheduled lessons, where (say) Saturday lessons are in English, Sunday lessons are in Japanese. Or if it's once a week, each week one person helps the other. Or split it into 30 minutes English, 30 Japanese. Just make a clear allotment and you'll see less running away.

Your loss, but morally it's the right thing to do - you could even be gaining a lot more by having your partner genuinely improving and feeling more motivated.
>>
>>78024388
Objectively, i've never had an issue with looks, be it i am 19 i've had 35yo's on HelloTalk try and chat me up in a "Non-language learning" type of way if you know what i mean.

I don't think my looks are bad.
Yeah i do that but most of the times, actually all but one of my partners is female, and all the females are really nervous about speaking english or even texting in it, when i correct them they just switch back to Japanese.

The guy, on the other hand. Him and i talk in Japanese and English for hours probably. We had a skype session that lasted like 3 hours and we just played games and talked in JP and ENG.

Pretty fun imo.
>>
>>78024388
On the other note, i've never really been into weeb shit so it's really fucking cringe seeing how many weebs populate the application.

Almost everyone i meet assumes that i am a fucking weeb. IM NOT A FUCKING WEEB.

The nice thing is, most of the weebs never get passed "可愛い", so it kind of shows the more serious learns rather than the fucking weebs just there because "XDD ILL LEARN JAPANESE XDDD"
>>
File: 9c0.jpg (43KB, 600x480px) Image search: [Google]
9c0.jpg
43KB, 600x480px
>>78018908
>>
>>78019294
We are just afraid that it will sound silly if we "accent" it so we play it safe

Meet any Spanish speaking Irish there?
that could be interesting
>>
File: 733.gif (868KB, 276x230px) Image search: [Google]
733.gif
868KB, 276x230px
>>78021714
>copy their broken accent

that's sort of sweet...."share the shame"
>>
>>78022090
>can't roll their Rs

so much this, properly rolled R is SO difficult for native English tongue and we ...especially Burgers harden the fuck out of R
>>
>>78024955
>>78025040
Heh, I'm technically a weeb but I'm able to keep conversations about pretty much anything.
When you say you talk with people, is there a lot of audio calls? Do you have to propose them? Do they generally want to use their webcams? I for one would rather not, but sometimes I forget I'm dealing with mostly normalfags who are used to this type of thing. The game dude seems like an awesome setting, both can practice but focus on another goal (the game), making the learning more comfortable. Since online games are kinda boring to me, I was thinking of maybe a drawing session or I don't know, I still have to find people interested before thinking of a program. Wouldn't mind playing a game if needed, though. It's worth the reward.
>>
>>78017408
whenever I speak to Latinos in Spanish they're always pleasantly surprised and compliment my accent.
I honestly love them for that, it's very encouraging. Doesn't matter if they're a squat little gardener, or an Argentine model, I love Latin America desu.
>>
>>78017408
I love it desu.Laoshu in particular is funny af when he tries to speak Turkish.
>>
>>78017408
Who's learning my language?
Thread posts: 68
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.