[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How would Mexico look like today if it had stayed like this?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5

How would Mexico look like today if it had stayed like this? What would be the global implications?
>>
>>77909999
We would have taken it eventually anyway because within every Hispanic is a genetic failsafe that prevent a them from establishing functional societies.
>>
I all comes down to the big IFs
IF we handle down the corruption
And IF we survive to at least a tie in the Mexican American war
That one was very important to consolidate our identity as mexicans
>>
>>77910096
I have the feeling the californias would've mostly been wildlife with little towns scattered across. Any city development would've taken a lot longer than it did now. Of course, that's assuming you'd be holding on to that land all this time
>>
>>77909999
would probably still the same shithole like it is right now only bigger
>>
>>77910331
Meant for
>>77909999
>>
>>77909999
texas oil?
>>
>>77910331
Gold in California had already attracted people from around the world. There were even Chilean miners in California
>>
>>77910331
I don't think it would be underpopulated, like Northern Mexico, today, isn't. Plus there would probably be border cities like today.
>>
File: amerimutt3.jpg (158KB, 1332x638px) Image search: [Google]
amerimutt3.jpg
158KB, 1332x638px
>>77910096
>Amerimutt talking about genetics
>>
Menudo y pozole es la comida de nacos favorita
>>
what happened with Spanish settlers there? they returned to Mexico?
>>
File: int people of color.png (3MB, 1112x4408px) Image search: [Google]
int people of color.png
3MB, 1112x4408px
>>77911037
>>
>>77911116
They never were there. It was mostly natives and mestizos larping as Spanish
>>
>>77911508
this
>>
File: int white people.jpg (1MB, 1491x2718px) Image search: [Google]
int white people.jpg
1MB, 1491x2718px
>>77911116
>>
>>77909999
Checked

The scenario would imply Mexico was able to put down the Texas rebellion, so it's very likely a strong military pressence would have been established there. Let's say it took a little longer but you would have also had the California gold rush, so this is basically the axis on which Mexican pressence in the southwest would've been built.

I think there's reasons to believe this could have yielded a somewhat stable position, the European powers would have probably been keen to favor a situation in which the US and Mexico counterbalance each other preventing any one from growing too strong (some tried to use Mexico as a check for the US eg France and Germany) The US may have likely sought to chip away at Mexican territory using the Indian wars as an excuse but it's very unlikely direct confrontation would have been sough absent a casus belli, especially if Mexico then managed to syphon European migration to settle those northern territories, irl they were settled from Mexico anyway when it came to logistics. Americans moving west most often shipped to Veracruz, crossed over land via Mexico City to Mazatlán, and sailed from there to San Francisco, relatively few dared the long overland route through what was back then unforgiving and dangerous wilderness in which hostile natives roamed in large numbers.

Further, under these new circumstances Mexico might have eventually gained strong European support (conditions similar to those leading to the establishment of the second Mexican empire) and the US might have been weakened by it's own infighting, the conditions that led to their civil war would still be there and if secession had succeeded the US would be little danger to Mexico then.

The implications? There would have been no nation to rise to great power status in North America in the early 20th century, even if it's nations had been dragged into European wars meaning a good chance pre-Nazi Germany could have risen as the dominant power.
>>
>>77912657
There's too much retarded about this to even begin.
>>
>>77912718
What is retarded about what he said?
>>
>>77912879
He can't tolerate the idea of "Murrica is not number 1"
>>
File: images-3.jpg (11KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
images-3.jpg
11KB, 275x183px
I think it would be far more Whiter then it is today. Natural selection n all. Everyone wants to either be White or mate with a White person.
>>
>>77913573
You are practically being them to meme us with the 56% face
>>
>>77913756

Lmao, that men is a joke. It does not take into account all the people with large amounts of European blood in them. We are talking the vast majority of the population.
>>
>>77913573
>>77913929
wtf are you talking about?
>>
>>77913929
meme*
>>
>tfw live in arizona and my moms car got stolen this morning
I wonder who it was
>>
>>77914006
your dad?
>>
>>77911690
i like this one
>>
>>77911098
Ayer me chingue 3 platos de Pozole.
>>
>>77915382
Ya no falta tanto para Septiembre y sus buenos pozolitos.
>>
>>77909999
>How would Mexico look like today if it had stayed like this?
still a hellhole
>What would be the global implications?
nothing because nobody cares
>>
>>77914039
You mean his mom's ex?
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.