[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Philippines help

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

I got offered a job teaching at an English language school in Davao.

I have done a bit of research and I would be making a good deal above the national average for a teacher in the Philippines.

If I accept this job, what should I expect from living in Davao?
>>
>>77883579

Islamic terrorism:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/philippines-martial-law-1.4217497
>>
>>77883579
I only lived in Manila, but..

1) Just north of you is Marawi, which is under siege by Islamic Terrorism. Be sure to know local customs. Do not tell people you are American. You are a Kiwi.

2) Philippines only has theoretical freedom of speech. Do not publicly challenge Duerte or the regime. Do not make yourself a political target.

3) Iglesia ni Cristo is a pseudo-Christian cult and the most powerful religious presence in the Philippines. Do NOT criticize the INC. Do NOT piss off the INC. Do NOT accept invitations to visit the INC. Do NOT mingle with INC members. Be polite but distant. Very distant.

4) The Philippines is very poor, but Filipinos are industrious and kind. Keep your money safe and be polite. Bitcoin is well recognized in the Philippines. Keep your money in Bitcoin. Local padawas (pawn shops) can buy your BTC for cash. Coins.ph is your new friend.

5) Do not do drugs. The government will kill you if the cartel does not.

6) Abortions are illegal in the Philippines. Day-after pills are impossible to acquire. From experience, it is easier to get focus enhancers smuggled in than day-after pills. Wear a condom.

7) The Philippines has a very strong 'bribe culture'. Bribes are sometimes expected and commonplace. A few hundred pesos strategically positioned can make your life much easier.

8) On that note, beware the federal police. They want money. They will shake you down. If they give you trouble and you just want to get away, ask if they'll accept ~2000 pesos as an apology for wasting their time.

9) Everyone works for tips and they love white people. Do not tip more than 100 pesos, but tip. If you tip they will love you.

9) Have fun. Filipinos are great people but it's a third world country.
>>
>>77883722
Oh, and everything is closed on Sundays and Christmas season starts in July (literally).
>>
>>77883722
this.
also, if you're white: be careful of people that may try to befriend you to get to your money, men and women alike can be vile golddiggers. you can be friendly, but remember to keep your distance, especially when you've just met them.
>>
>>77883722
>Day-after pills are impossible to acquire.
False
>>
>>77883857
How is that false? I couldn't even buy them off Tor. They got blocked at customs.
>>
>>77883871
They sell it at Mercury drugstores OTC IIRC
>>
>>77883936
I must be confusing day-after pills and abortion pills. I thought they were the same thing. I forgot the chemical compound, but the girl asking for help had a fetus that was several weeks old at that point.
>>
>>77883965
(She had a natural abortion, btw. She stressed out so hard it killed it.)
>>
>>77883965
>>77883980
Morning Afters can be used to induce abortions in a pinch but can fuck up the girl and not even work at that. And what the fuck is a natural abortion? Falcon punched?
>>
>>77884000
Abortion is not necessarily induced. Any fetal death can be classed as an abortion. In her case, stress killed it.
>>
>>77884013
That's a miscarriage.
To the other anon, if you want babby out of your gf, look for Hilot persons to massage that babby out of her.
>>
wow, phillipines sounds like an absolute shithole
>>
>>77884058
The world is a little more wild outside of the US. It has its pros and cons.
>>
>>77883579
>in Davao.
>living in Davao?

if this isn't bait
I dont know what it top lol
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.