[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Questions about the RCMP for Canadian Anons

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

I have a question for canadians about the Royal Canadian Mounted Police.

I've read that the RCMP are both "a federal and national police force of Canada."

What exactly does that mean? I'm trying to figure out what sort of law enforcement agency in the states would be similar to them. I'm thinking that they sound a lot like the US marshals, but the US marshals don't just go around patrolling the streets like it ain't no big thing. Whereas it seems the mounties fulfill a lot of ordinary police duties despite being cops at the federal level. They also seems to have national jurisdiction like the marshals. I'm so confused. Am I just completely misinterpreting what I've read?
>>
They're probably like marshal in Alaska.
In Alaska they do basically every claim, since there is so few police in Alaska.
>>
>>77870849
Yeah, it seems that even state troopers have a lot of responsibilities and wide jurisdictions in Alaska that troopers in the other 49 don't possess.

I've even heard of a single VPSO officer being responsible for four villages by herself. I can't even imagine the marshals over there.
>>
The RCMP perform many roles. They are like the FBI, ATF, SWAT, Coast Guard and probably a bunch of other shit, rolled into one entity.

The RCMP perform traditional police duties in places that don't have their own local police, which is pretty much most of country except for major cities and Ontario and Quebec (Who have their own Provincial police). But they still have some role no matter where you go. They even provide security for our embassies around the world.
>>
>>77871138
Oh, okay. It's like a whole bunch of law enforcement agencies compressed into one?

I know that I've read about them policing areas that don't have their own local department, but I didn't realize that consisted of most the country.

Since the RCMP are federal police, do you know if they'd technically outrank say... the Ontario Provincial Police? I'd assume the answer is yes, but I felt it worth asking anyway.
>>
>>77871397
>It's like a whole bunch of law enforcement agencies compressed into one?
To you it would seem like that but for us they just do everything and always have

>do you know if they'd technically outrank say... the Ontario Provincial Police
Yes. The RCMP are the Federal police therefore they outrank any Provincial or municipal police force
>>
>>77872283
All righty, that answers all my questions!

Thank you! I appreciate your help.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.