[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

1. Your country 2. Can you legally carry a knife?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: Buck 110.jpg (263KB, 2802x1556px) Image search: [Google]
Buck 110.jpg
263KB, 2802x1556px
Canada
Yes. The knife laws in Canada are actually pretty good. As long as you aren't concealing it, you can carry pretty much whatever you want except for switchblades and push-daggers.
>>
too bad self dense is illegal
>>
>>77865491
*defense
>>
1. UK
2. yes (sort of)

You can carry any knife 3 inches or under with a non-locking blade, and you can carry a knife over 3 inches and/or fixed or locking if you have a good reason like you need it for work

You can own a knife over 3 inches and/or with a fixed or locking blade and use it on your property all you want and you don't need a reason to have one on your property

However, if you are an "ethnic inner city youth" and you're carrying a 3 inch non-locking blade at two in the morning, you'll probably get it taken from you or even arrested because the police would assume you're going to use it as a weapon
>>
File: DONT YOU SQUIDWARD.jpg (156KB, 512x509px) Image search: [Google]
DONT YOU SQUIDWARD.jpg
156KB, 512x509px
>>77865491
>>77865506
It's only illegal of they catch you.
>>
>>77865531
oh yeah, self-defence isn't a reason to carry any knife
even if all you had on you was a pack of gum and you said you were going to use it for self-defence, you would get arrested
>>
>>77865531
>>77865603
I've heard a lot of horror stories about UK knife laws. How easy is it to actually buy one?
>>
>>77865648
you have to be 18 to buy one so bring some ID if you buy one in a shop but other than that it's easy
you can also buy knives from some online stores and they don't ask for proof of age
>>
>>77865748
Huh. Doesn't sound anywhere near as bad as I was lead to believe.
>>
>>77865357
You're not allowed to carry one in public unless there's a reason to. And no, self-defense is not a reason (I don't agree with it, but that's the law). But if you're, say, a carpenter and you use a knife in your profession you are allowed to have a knife with you while you're exercising your profession. If you're going into the forest to camp or some activity where you might need a knife, you're also allowed to carry a knife if you're just making a quick stop in town. As for switchblades, butterfly knives and other types of knives where the blade can be concealed and quickly drawn you have to be 21 to use them. Knuckle dusters and the like are completely illegal.

It's very much a case by case type of law here.
>>
>>77865357
>cucks
>>
>>77865851
it isn't as good as US knife laws, but it isn't as bad as some people make it out to be
>>
>>77865748
oh I should also add that you can't own assisted opening blades and butterfly knives >>77865748
>>
>>77865859
I should add that I'm referring to use IN PUBLIC. You're completely free to carry one on you in your own home or in nature without any restrictions.
>>
>>77865902
Yeah, that's kind of a weird spot in our law. You can own an assisted opening knife as long as it isn't triggered by a button on the handle. So, stilettos are legal, but the classic switchblade isn't.
>>
>>77866020
*aren't
>>
>not just dressing up as a chef and carrying around huge kitchen knives
>>
>>77866075
You think court cares if you were dressed as a chef?
>>
>>77866092
HE WAS FUCKING RAW
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.