[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Romania

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

File: flag_of_romania1.jpg (18KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
flag_of_romania1.jpg
18KB, 1600x1200px
Any Romanians wanna tell me what it's like being a young dude there?
I was adopted from Oltenita when I was two months old. Never been back to Romania or talked to my birth parents but I'm thinking about it.
What can I expect?
>>
Gigabit ethernet, motherfucking GIGABIT FIBRE

Paradise, just do web dev with your personal CMS templates and stream anal hairs at 5K
>>
>>77856996
>What can I expect?

Poverty. Decay. Nothing works. It's not Africa-tier but it's like a shittier Italy without the historic buildings.
>>
>>77857064
I do web dev and net admin stuff now, is it easy to find those jobs in Romania?
>>
>>77857132
We'll have to wait, most of the regular Romanians after the horrendous dip in quality here
>>
>>77856996
This >>77857064 (<10$ per month for gigabit), cheap food, above average females, no sjw crap, shit public hospitals so go to private ones, despite the amazing internet if you want to do shit you will have to stay in line somewhere because institutions are stuck in the last century, no niggers, less and less gypsies everyday cause they go for western gibs, terrible tv shows but the internet fixes that, most people under 30 will speak english, our roads have curves and holes every now and then.
>>
>>77856996
Hate to break it to ya kid but the country has absolutely no future. Infrastructure is crumbling even further, most smart people choose to form families abroad, corruption is still the norm. Getting slightly better on paper because of misused EU gibs but it's a complete sham.
You can tell the state of it by the stuff people praise e.g. the fucking internet. There are very few local well paying jobs, what the hell are you thinking. Finally, although there are some decent women, most younger ones are just as degenerate as their western counterparts. And that would be the only real reason you might want to stick around.
Come and visit the nature I guess, but you can have that elsewhere. On the whole, stay away. Objectively speaking, you got extremely lucky, stop trying to look back and romanticize anything about it. Just move forward with your life man, trust me there's nothing for you there.
>>
>>77857300
Are signs in English? How much Romanian should I know before I visit?
>>
>>77857546
English signs only in tourists spots.
I don't know, for getting around just use google maps, most businesses should have someone speaking english so really as a tourist none.
>>
>>77857525
This is kind of what I'm afraid of, although I feel like you might be exaggerating some.
I still wanna see the country but I might not meet my birth family if they're likely to be impoverished and begging for money...
>>
>>77858001
Of course I'm biased but that is to be expected of any local. Doesn't make my points any less valid though and I welcome rebuttals. If you research all this you'll see I am being fairly objective.
Anyway it comes down to your actual interests. Meeting your biological parents has little to do with the overall state of the country. I don't have enough information to go on but by the look of it, I'd still tell you to stay away. This is something you should discuss with a real psychologist though and not 4chan.
>>
>>77858001
if you were raised an american youll be shocked to see let alone experience what your life would be in a romanian village
>>
>>77858447
He could have been raised in Gator, Mississippi and Romanian vilages could look like the high point of civilisation to him for all we know.
>>
>>77858469
>and Romanian vilages could look like the high point of civilisation to him
C'mon Bulgaria don't go full retard.
>>
>>77857755

How many Romanians actually speak French? I've heard it is a high number but they are mostly older people right?
>>
>>77858591
kek totally wrong, old people don't know shit. It still gets taught in schools as a second language but a very, very small minority actually learn anything. You'll have a very hard time finding french speakers that's for sure. Most young people do have ok english though.
>>
Just live there for a couple of month on your own and find out yourself before uprooting your entire life.
>>
Erdély is rightful hungarian clay.
>>
>>77858469
Oakton, Virginia.
I'm not full retard, I know it's not gonna be quite the same but pictures of the cities don't look too different from some of the less gentrified areas of DC and VA I've been to.
>>
>>77858783
not uprooting my entire life but I've been saving for a few years to go. Wanna spend at least a month there
>>
>>77859308
okay.. but remember that life as a tourist will vary greatly as a resident.

so, 1 month should not be enough to get the complete picture, imo
>>
>>77859069
I don't know where that is but I support you

Uproot those villagers, desecrate their places of worship and murder their livestock
>>
>>77859395
from one nomad to another eh?
>>
>>77857525
you just described Croatia and Bosnia lel.

>Come and visit the nature I guess

except for this. Croatia and Herzegovina have butifel nature, but unfortunately you'll step on a landmine and blow up :^)

>>77856996
>>77858001

The yank is just heritage faggin really hard
>>
>>77859627
I am sorry
>>
File: Oltenita_centru.jpg (202KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
Oltenita_centru.jpg
202KB, 1200x900px
>>77858447
>>77858469
>>77858513
Oh and pic related in >>77859801 is an actual village in Romania.

The shithole scenes in Borat were actually shot in Romania, not Kazakhstan.

Though, large cities aren't that good either. More opportunities, but still a depressing place to live in.

The place you're supposedly "from", Oltenita seems like a shithole if the first picture that comes up on Google and Wikipedia is pic related. And that's the city center, so you know that normal parts are really bad
>>
File: romania-gypsy-village-pnt.jpg (133KB, 768x510px) Image search: [Google]
romania-gypsy-village-pnt.jpg
133KB, 768x510px
>>77859925
ah shit, sorry, the village in >>77859801 is actually in Ukraine

pic related is what I wanted to post
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.