[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do Americans have such twisted view of us?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: usa.png (2MB, 900x1244px) Image search: [Google]
usa.png
2MB, 900x1244px
Why do Americans have such twisted view of us?
>>
>>77856059
Seems accurate.
>>
>>77856059
We are really not taught anything past the surface level when It comes to Euro Culture past and present. So your average burger forms his opinion literally based on Meme's Movies and TV.
>>
>>77856059
Bear in mind the majority of Americans don't own passports
>>
>>77858196
This. I've met loads of people who have barely travelled outside their local county, yet alone their state.

Pretty grim tbqh.
>>
>>77858238
I thought burgers regularly migrate after work etc?
>>
>>77856059
Danes are descendants of Mongol invaders
>>
>>77858275

Very few migrate.
>>
>>77856059
>gypsies
Most Americans probably know little to none about them. And the little they do know is that Hitler killed them, and that's about it.

>British
Most Americans only think of the Royal family, or the British accent when it comes to this. Or the fact that they used to own us. Not that they're some classy fucks that drink wine all day

>Russia
The only Americans that think of Russia like that are Russophiles. Which are microscopic portion of the U.S. Most Americas dislike Russians very much, and only think of the Soviet Union, Putin, Moscow, or nukes, when it comes to them.

No American thinks of Italians like that. We associate them with food or the Mob, or Rome.

>>77856079
>coming from a New Zealander

>>77858022
Pretty much this honestly. Excluding Italy there's no reason for Americans to learn about European culture.

>>77858196
>>77858238
I don't understand how this is such a bad thing. I personally don't own a passport, solely because I have no use for it. I rarely leave my state either because I can get everything I need in this state. I don't have the time or money to travel to random countries for shits and giggles.

>>77858275
That stopped decades ago
>>
File: 1497207032776.jpg (39KB, 535x703px) Image search: [Google]
1497207032776.jpg
39KB, 535x703px
>>77858286
thats okay
>>
>>77858275
As in work in a different county and drive home? Some do, but I'm talking rural areas.

>>77858315
Because there's this big exciting world out there with different cultures, foods and things to see. Maybe it's because I love to travel, but I can't imagine never leaving the state I grew up in.
>>
>>77858376
I'm not saying that's not true, or that I wouldn't want too.
But for people that aren't wealthy, or have to work really hard. Why would they own a passport? It's like buying a Japanese dictionary without knowing the language or learning it.
>>
>>77856059
I regard you europeans as relatives of middle easterner.

you are no longer expected to be sophisticated citizens .
>>
>>77858410
Oh I agree with you there. His point, I believe, is that because many Americans have never had the chance to leave the country they have a somewhat warped view of the world. Which isn't fair because I've met plenty of people abroad who have that same warped view of America or other countries.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.