[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

JUST FUCK MY WRITING UP

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_4656.jpg (73KB, 1220x649px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4656.jpg
73KB, 1220x649px
Is the Chinese writing system a meme?
>>
File: 1500924907878.jpg (54KB, 657x525px) Image search: [Google]
1500924907878.jpg
54KB, 657x525px
>simplified chinese characters
>>
>>77854276
>77854276
It make sense if you can guess the meaning of the letter anyway. (by seeing the other letters and structure of the sentence)
>>
>>77854302
Is learning Japanese worse than Chinese? This guy makes it sound so much more fucked up than memorising the chinese characters

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CF3MRMBjd20
>>
>>77854332
I can't see how any of them would be more significantly difficult than the other. The most atrocious language to learn (for native English and also me) are Arabic, Chinese, and Japanese. All have crazy writing system.

Bonus: my original language is of the Tai family, which people claim derived from some form of southern Chinese, but no it doesn't help me with kanji.
>>
>>77854399
I heard Chinese is ok to speak but a really big bitch to learn to read and write. Kanji/katakana/hirigana just seems like a really big clusterfuck of improvisation and borrowing from Chinese
>>
>>77854293
So you prefer this : 醫學 over 医学?
>>
>>77854293
good post
>>
>>77854276
Chinese is quite homophonic language. Hanzi is mainly used to distinguish homophonic syllables, not to recognize their meanings.
>>
chinese ruined logographs for everyone else
luckily we have english
>>
>>77854483
>I heard Chinese is ok to speak but a really big bitch to learn to read and write.
I'm no expert on either language (particularly not Chinese) but if I'm not mistaken, Chinese requires you to learn the different tones each sound has to actually learn to speak it. Knowing how to say one vocal sound in one tone isn't enough if there's several more.
Japanese only has 50 unique sounds in total, if I remember right. They always sound the same so comparatively speaking it's a really easy language to learn to speak.

>Kanji/katakana/hirigana just seems like a really big clusterfuck of improvisation and borrowing from Chinese
On the surface.
The kana are rather easy to learn and write and they always sound the same regardless of what word you're writing. し will be pronounced shi regardless of if it's the reading for 死 or if it's part of a longer word like 引越し, unlike English where the e in 'bear' and 'beat' sound different even though they are only off by one letter each.

There are tons of kanji to learn but there are patterns, primarily in the radicals. If you learn the radicals and their meanings, you can remember words like 液 (liquid) and 池 (pond) have something to do with water because of the water radical on the left, or how 語 (language) and 話 (speech (roughly)) have something to do with speaking or communication because of the radical for "say" on the left.
Of course, some kanji make no sense and you simply need to make up your own story to memorize them, but the majority of kanji give you at least a good hint on what it's trying to represent. The same goes for English with its spelling though, sometimes it makes no sense. Why is 'queen' written like that, but pronounced "kween"? Why is 'rugby' written that but pronounced "rug-bee", but if you add a space and make it "rug by" it suddenly changes sounds entirely?
>>
>>77857580
>tones
4 (Mandarin), while some languages can have as much as 8 (Cantonese).
>>
>>77857637
Thank you. As I said, I'm no expert on the language, so I would rather be vague than be incorrect.
>>
Where is the /sin/ thread
>>
>>77854276
>omitting entire components
No shit, Japan is doing the same:

號〉号
劃,畫〉画
豫〉予
罐〉缶
絲〉糸
蟲〉虫
藝〉芸
餘〉余
>>
I personally don't have much problems with simplification. I mean technically there are problems and may be the policy was flawed but I try to not take it emotionally and politically
>>
>>77854276
>2018-0.33333
>Chinese writing system
>>
Simplified would be ok if it was fucking consistent
>>
>>77854276
just stop complaining and learn both traditional and simplified versions. It's not that different and hard 2bh
>>
>>77859956
何は蟲と虫の違いだ?
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.