[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tell me about Poland, why Lithuania has such butthurt over it?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: FB_IMG_1501442208161.jpg (87KB, 960x639px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1501442208161.jpg
87KB, 960x639px
Tell me about Poland, why Lithuania has such butthurt over it?
>>
Because the Polish Lithuanian Commonwealth was ass
>>
>>77826460
I think the three most important reasons for that animosity are:

- Our incorporation of Vilnus after the IWW (not the most important)
- The fact that Polish minority in Lithuenia is a bit of a cancer. Not many people in Poland know about it, but Polish-Lithuenians are quite pro-russian and obviously that isn't welcome by the rest of society. (this is probably more important)
- Lithuanian governments populistically use the Polish minority for their own political purposes (the most important).

This is how I see it.
>>
>>77826460
Wait, who's fighting? Where is this? Are they muslim? Do they have oil?
>>
>>77831889
How does Poland feel about territory annexed by the USSR during WW2 in military action initiated by Germany that was never returned?
>>
>>77832033
More importantly, does this territory have oil?
>>
>>77832033
Too late to go back. All the 'Wilno/Lwów nasze' memes are for banter reasons. Though we're more butthurt about Lwów.
Poles and Belarusians are pretty much the same people, but over the past 70 years we've only developed differences, mostly linguistic and political.
>More importantly, does this territory have oil?
Apparently yes, in our Ukrainian territories.
>>
>>77832537
>yes
>>
File: 1501411298634.png (239KB, 550x900px) Image search: [Google]
1501411298634.png
239KB, 550x900px
>>77826460
Polish minority through out centuries has showed that they cannot be trusted from Occupaction of Vilnius to voting for the most pro russian party to this day
>>
>>77832033
I've never met anyone outside 4chan who would feel a buthurt about those things. Besides all the devastation and mass crimes Russia brought to Poland one thing that they did is rather good for us - changing the shape of a country. Current shape of Poland is very simillar to how it looked 1000 years ago. It would be nice to have a bit more mountains (no worries Slovakia :)) but it's almost perfect.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zX00OjIwcIM
>>
>>77832537
>Poles and Belarusians are pretty much the same people
lol no
We just Polonize quite a lot of them and now because of that shit tone of Poles have Ruthinian ancestry.
>>
>>77833007
We share the same mentality, culture, traditions and history.
>>
>>77832537
>Poles and Belarusians are pretty much the same people
I thought Belarusians were pretty much russians
>>
>>77833224
They're polonized lithuanians that were later russificate... It's complicated.
>>
>>77833224
The name might be misleading, but no. Belarus is not "White Russia", but "White Ruthenia".

But yeah, they were under heavier Russian influence after the partitions and WW2.
>>
>>77833377
>>77833393
ok but aren't ukies, belarusians and russians eastern slavs, while poles and others are western slavs?
>>
>>77833555
That's why it's complicated. In case of western-eastern slavs differences it's more about linguistic reasons.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.