[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Australia closer culturally to the US or UK?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 2

File: USA-UK-AUSTRALIA.png (53KB, 660x331px) Image search: [Google]
USA-UK-AUSTRALIA.png
53KB, 660x331px
Is Australia closer culturally to the US or UK?
>>
Sydney and Melbourne US
rest of the country UK
>>
New zealand
>>
>>77812183
how so?
>>
>>77812155
Australians are not human

t. not english teacher 100% pure Korean
>>
>>77812183
>>77812183
City people are more Aussie than rural scum like you.
Most things of cultural value such as movies and music is made from people who come from cities.
Even ac/dc is from melbourne.

>>77812215
He is just a dumb rural fuck wit.
>>
Australians are just ringworms given the power of speech.
>>
>>77812783
Misread his post?
>>
Let's go see the footy in a rural town...

Oh wait, it's the cities where notable sporting events happen.
>>
UK obviously, nobody follows basketball or baseball its all cricket, rugby, soccer or gayfl
>>
>>77812828
Most people here think Australia as Texas with a beach
>>
>>77812853
Yeehaw! Shrimp on the barbie, pardner!
>>
>>77812890
If you wanted it to be authentic Texan, that should've been in spanglish
>>
>>77812890
wow.
>>
>>77812890
howdy, let's skedaddle from these city slickers and have us a hoe-down!
>>
>>77812828
Arent all your movies and shows from the US?

And your cities and suburbs are built almost like US suburbs/cities, not UK ones
>>
>>77812155
traditionally UK, but increasingly more US due to movies, music and shit
>>
>>77812990
>And your cities and suburbs are built almost like US suburbs/cities, not UK ones
The only country with suburbs comparable to ours is the Netherlands. Want to hazard a guess as to why?
>>
>>77812155
UK
And they should never, ever come here.
>>
>>77812990
Not all but a lot.

We have Australian colonial architecture which is unique to our country but we are slowly having these building removed from our cities in favour of modernist high rise buildings that look like the buildings anywhere else in the world.

Although technically modernism is a European style of design.
>>
Depends really. The rich white parts of the cities and rural areas are more british. The immigrant areas in cities are all yank as fuck tho
>>
You know John Farnham?

He grew up in melbourne.

You know Iggy Azaelea? She grew up in rural Australia.
>>
>>77813184
There are no rich white parts of rural areas.
>>
>>77813184
How can they be yank as fuck when everything of cultural value has something to do with the city?

They play footy games worth caring about in the city, most Famous aussie singers actors and artists are from the city.

How could the city possibly be less Australian?
>>
>>77813295
Because it has millions of foreigners living in it?
>>
>>77813352
Aussie sport culture comes from the cities too.

Cities are more Aussie than country towns. Deal with it...

Also plenty of farms have been owned by germans and italians.. But I guess that doesn't count as people from other countries because they are white yeah?
>>
>The Australian Football League can trace its beginnings back to the foundation of the Victorian Football League in 1897 when six of the strongest clubs in Victoria – Collingwood, Essendon, Fitzroy, Geelong, Melbourne and South Melbourne.

Rural Aussie try to claim the city where AFL comes from as an un-Australian place.

Pathetic.
>>
>>77813588
Fuck off chink.

Do you really think living in Australia and going to the occasional sports game makes you true blue? That you're just as Australian as those with aussie parents who went to school with other aussie kids?

The people in cities making that culture and not just being economic and social parasites like yourself usually move there after growing up in those country towns you look down on for some reason
>>
>>77813675
It's funny because my relatives mostly moved her in the 1950's and 40's.

I hate country towns so much.
When I was a kid I had to visit relatives in a shitty place called mount morgan and sometimes go to a shithole called yepoon.

Full of scum... I wouldn't look down upon them much if these idiots didn't think they were more aussie for living a depressing life style in a place where the houses are worth less than a lot of the cars you see in brisbane.
>>
who cares

let's appreciate australia for what it is
>>
Everything about rural towns is shit.

The pubs suck...

In the city pubs have decent live bands playing or a comedian and people look like they are having fun.

Country towns are full of depressed, angry, bored looking people drinking and it's a real mood killer.

If there's music it's played from a juke box or some bogan who can barely play his instrument butchering classic songs...
>>
>>77814192
One giant florida except for the cities where normal people are driven in order to avoid the white trash?
>>
>>77814192
>for what it is

An urban shithole full of non-anglos aping the yanks they see on tv
>>
>>77814203
This. Rural is for nature reserves, not civilization.
>>
>>77812853
texas has a beach retard
>>
>>77813588
Aussie culture is somewhat rural though even in the city. Like you can drive out of the city for an hour and be in the bush. Land cruisers driving all over town. Adelaide and Perth feel like overgrown country towns compared to somewhere like Sydney, which is full of fake people with their head up their own ass.

I can go to the pub on friday night and have a chat with AFL stars while they cook up free snags for everyone there. That's not something you do in a big American city with NFL players.
>>
>>77813170
>We have Australian colonial architecture which is unique to our country but we are slowly having these building removed from our cities in favour of modernist high rise buildings that look like the buildings anywhere else in the world.
SAD
>>
>>77814911
This is true.
>>
Although melbourne is less hipster like than it is made out to be.

Yeah, places like fitzroy and collingwood have heaps of hipsters but there are plenty of normal aussies there too.

It's a bit of a meme.
If you drive even a little bit outside of melbourne to somewhere like Geelong you are pretty much in a country town.

The hipsterness is there but it's also highly exaggerated.
>>
When I was in Oz, it seriously felt like home in a strange way. I would say that Australia is more influenced by the UK, but has American laid back attitude.

t. Texas
>>
File: 1491465809910.jpg (354KB, 600x580px) Image search: [Google]
1491465809910.jpg
354KB, 600x580px
>>77812890
>>
I know king of the hill is about texans but it really really could have been about ocker australians and the show wouldn't even be that different.

Louanne is pretty much a lower class Australian hair dresser chick.

Like she is 100 percent a character of aussie hair dresser chicks I know except with an American accent.
It's kinda scary how similar things are.
>>
>>77812155
Neither, really.

>>77812183
You've been to neither Sydney nor Melbourne.

>>77812853
Most people in America have no fucking clue about the world outside their state.

>>77813184
>The rich white parts of the cities and rural areas are more british.
The fuck are you on about?

>>77813675
>true blue
Kill yourself. I've spent a good half of my life living in rural townships, with "true blue lads" and I can tell you right now that they're nothing but a bunch of self entitled, whining cunts for the most part.

>usually move there after growing up in those country towns
What a fucking crock of shit. Why is dumb fucking /pol/tard sheep rooter trying to tell an Australian about Australian city and rural culture? You have no fucking clue what you're talking about.

>>77814911
>I can go to the pub on friday night and have a chat with AFL stars while they cook up free snags for everyone there
No you can't.
>>
>>77812183
shut the fuck up
>>
>>77818150
I always heard about how different melbourne is from the rest of Australia.
I stayed there in a hotel went to bed the first night I got there.

The first thing I saw when I got out of the hotel was a guy in a wife beater and thongs taking his staffie for a walk. That's when I realised melbourne isn't as different from the rest of Australia as it's made out to be.
Oh and this was super close to the inner city too.

I even encountered a few bogan types in melbourne.

I was kind of expecting hipsters everywhere but it wasn't actually like that.
>>
Interacting with Aussies and Yanks in person I've been able to get along with Aussies much more easily. I think culturally we're more similar.
>>
>>77819571
Are you from the North?
>>
>>77812155
>>77812183
>>77812783
>>77812828
seeing how Rugby League is played, promoted, and broadcast, I would say working class Australia is very influenced by America.
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.