[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Wait a minute, how come countries like Japan, China, and Korea

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 1

File: depression-rates.jpg (327KB, 1248x617px) Image search: [Google]
depression-rates.jpg
327KB, 1248x617px
Wait a minute, how come countries like Japan, China, and Korea have a low prevalence of depression, but at the same time they have the highest suicide rates in the world?

Also, I've always wanted to know how it feels like to have depression and suicidal thoughts. I hear about it all the time, but I find it difficult to believe that someone would want to die. Anyone care to share their experience?
>>
>>77780136
It's taboo to bother others with your issues there.
>>
>>77780136
diagnosing mental states is more subjective than hanging yourself
>>
>>77780136
Bit unrelated, but why does the Japanese rank so high on practically everything but suicide rates? It's like a giant scar on an otherwise perfect body.
>>
>>77780136
China has a lower rate than even america
>>
>>77780136
You dont need to have depression to commit suicide. You just need to realize that life sucks, and smart people realize it more easily.
>>
>>77780193
Probably because you destroyed their empire.
>>
Isn't diagnosing depression social and mental suicide? I would imagine it would hurt your occupation by others.
>>
>>77780136
Asians don't believe in depression. They think it is a temporary condition, something you'll get over and it's just simple sadness or whatever.
>>
>>77780271
If you exercise its possible, just much harder than just popping pills
>>
>>77780136
A lot of it has to do with the leftover Confucianistic honour culture. There have been incidents of Japanese businessmen found dead after jumping off buildings. The connection here is that their insurance was used to cover up a company failure which lost a lot of money, so their death was effectively an act of mitigating damage to the more important social group, the company.
It is a difference between group culture and individual culture.

>>77780291
You're an idiot.
>>
>>77780136
A lot of suicidal people kill themselves before they are diagnosed and given help.
It's the same with men and women. Women have higher rates of depression while men have higher suicide rates. Women are more open with their emotions, thus they are diagnosed and seek help. Men, on the other hand, just eat it up until they can't anymore and kill themselves
>>
>kill yourself
>wont show up on country statistics anymore
>>
>>77780136
gooks can't into psychology
>>
>>77780301
no, that's just japanese feudalism
>>
>>77780136
>how come countries like Japan, China, and Korea have a low prevalence of depression, but at the same time they have the highest suicide rates in the world?

We Asians must work for very long time to make money.
>>
>>77780311
Men also use suicide methods that are more likely to kill, like shooting or hanging. Women mostly use pills.
>>
>>77780220
>You just need to realize that life sucks, and smart people realise it more easily
t. edgelordsinho
The difference between smart people and a sad suicidal emo faggot is that smart people may or may not realise that life sucks, but make the most out of it. Sad faggots choose the easy way out and leave behind their family, their loved ones and most importantly their potential
>>
>>77780301
>You're an idiot
t. pill popper lol
first worlders fell big time for the big pharma trick
>>
>>77780351
you mean jews haven't tainted east asia
>>
>>77780136
Also, a lot of asian cultures are tough on failure, and depression is seen as such, so some are resiliant to face their issues.
>but I find it difficult to believe that someone would want to die.
There's a nice metaphor i've read that might help explain it.
Think of it like this: Imagine a person trapped on a high, burning building; They have two options: stay there and die a painful death from the fire, or jump off a window and die quickly. Suicidal people feel like that, overwhelmed by life, so they choose to end it all at once.
>>77780367
Yeah. But, don't you think it's sort of a subconscious call for help? Like they know that won't work, and want to get help. Women also tend to cut their wrists and think like that. It could be a cry for help.
A friend of mine hanged herself earlier this year. She also never spoke to anyone about her struggle. It was a surprise for everyone
>>
>>77780454
This.
>>
They kill themselve to perserve their family/company/society's honor, not out of depression. You need individualism to be able to be depressed.
>>
>>77780136

Clinical depression has to be diagnosed, requiring you to actually seek out help and go through the system.

Finding someone hanging from their rafters is much less work.
>>
>>77780136
tfw
>>
everyone in this thread is retarded

only the koreans and japanese take it so seriously, china has the space to relax

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_suicide_rate
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suicide_in_China

An average annual rate of about 9.8 people out of every 100,000 died by suicide as of 2009 to 2011, a 58% drop, largely as a result of population migration from rural areas and urbanization of middle class. Paul Yip, a co-author of the recent study and professor at the University of Hong Kong, said "no country has ever achieved such a rapid decline in suicides".[8]
>>
>>77780136
over-diagnosis
>>
>>77780136
Gooks off themselves because of stress.
>>
>honor
>stress from overworking
>40+ year old virgins all over the place
>cops handling murder cases as suicides because they can't find the killer or were paid by yakuza
>>
>>77782163
>>40+ year old virgins all over the place
yeah the horror
>>
>>77780248
No? When you get diagnosed depression it's not like everybody knows about it.
You just get tools to deal with it, be it pills or something else.
>>
>>77777777
Where is this fucking get post?
>>
>>77780158
>It's taboo to bother others with your issues there.

This, here is the same.
>>
1) "Most of the" people who got depression diagnosis is just a useless small teenager in their minds.And they are always tend to be talk about this by dramatizing their problem and try to get some superficial mental pleasure by doing this with no effort.Most of them is just a people who is really unsuccessful at everything,human relations,school,job.So i am sure whole /int/ would go to psychiatrist,i am sure they will get depression diagnosis too.So most of those peoples problem is environmental(or being so ugly a reason too but this cant make anyone unhealthly at all.There are dozens of other mental pleasure sources beside human relations) and their problem is only can be solved if they can beat their laziness and find some goal.And their mental pain most of the time is not enough for commiting suicide,they are just dramatizing their problem.But when they have start to use antideprresants,problem starts to be biological due to down regulation of some receptors and their reward and emotional systema get fucked up.So if someone who got depression diagnosis which induced by environmental conditions and dont use any ssri,then its unlikely to say this person can be suicidal.But if he or she starts to use ssri,then its a more possible scenario.No one would want to live with no emotion or any mental reward.And Some says this sown regulation can be the main mechanism of ssris but how brainlet someone must be to say this,i dont know it yet.Psychiyatrist tier brainletness is enough i think.I dont know how these doctors can be these stupid,its jusy so fucking strange.Seratonin binds to dozens of different receptor types in different neural pathways.Drugs can never be a solution for mental disorders in anyway but i hope low intensity focused ultrasound will be the key for solutions in near future.Anyway lets come to the main topic.Why someone would want to die? No one actually.Thinking about death and not having any other solution really hurts.
>>
2)But what causes this situation and why people commiting suicide? There are two main reason.

One of them is Environmental loss,if someone got a really environmental loss which ia higher then his her treshold in a short time,they cant bear to the mental pain they feel,its a temporary loss and probably a solveble situation most of the time but they cant realize it in that time.But when these guys try to commit suicide it takes to much time because they know its a temporary environmental condition and i can solve it if i can work so maybe i can live a "profit dominant life" again.So try to helpful these guys because there is a potential profit in future and their problems are solveble because they are environmental.After a short time they will not even think about suicide at all.

Otherone is health problems.This one is really misarable and unsolveable one most of the time.If someones health problem causes to a really loss dominant life and there will not be any solution for that problem in near future,these people want to die,because they want to switch directly to neutral state rather than staying in a painful loss dominant situation.But rates of commiting suicide like a spectrum which is have shapened by intensity of mental pain he or she gets in a unit of time.Rather than depression induced by emviromental conditions,depression induced by genetics which causes to disbalance in reward mechanism then this probably bipolar and this a really serious problem.Its like having dependency to heroin.And this can physcially damage persons itself or other persons and tjere is a high rate of suicide in depressive state.So there is a need for using some medications for increasing these people's quality of life.But main reason always this,living a loss dominant life in average which will not have any solution in mear future.So dont try to prevent these people from killing theirselves if they have an access to peaceful methods like gun,pentobarbital etc.
>>
>>77783781
lord oh lord my eyes
>>
>>77780136
3)Forcing "people who has a really bad loss dominant life due to a intense health problem" to keeping alive is just a torture to them.A person who lives a profit dominant or neutral life cant understand this problem.Even if she is your mother,dont be a fucking selfish and help her to kill herself in a peaceful way.Seeing people who try to kill theirselves with terminal dehydration is just sad and its a really a bad way to go.
>>
>>77780208
Nobody bothers to document such things.
Its just "Dead Mr.Ching Chong chang shing tong no.123456789".
>>
>>77780136
They just don't tell.

Look at that pic, we apparently are less than most countries in the zone yet we have one of the highest suicide rates around
>>
>>77780480
Why would a woman commit suicide?
>waaahh chad didnt fuck me this week
>>
>>77780889
I feel like a lot of it is over-diagnosis (better safe then sorry which make perfect sense) and some is miss-diagnosis but they didn't correct that stat like some guy they thought was depressive was just bipolar but the stats weren't changed for the previous years.
>>
>>77784715
some women are losers too, i guess half of them neck themselves and the other half become fat feminists
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.