[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are your honest thoughts on the EU?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 12

What are your honest thoughts on the EU?
>>
should turn into a federalized country
with britain included
>>
decent idea, shit implementation
>>
>>77757939
fuck off, hue
>>
>You will never black 10/10 Victoria's secret models with the squad
>>
was good after the war, the free trade aspect is a good idea

shame about all the other bollocks, social policy should be left to individual governments
>>
A whore of the rich. It must he destroyed.
>>
>>77757954
pretty much this
>>
>>77757954
this actually
>>
>>77758755
Yes... yes
>>
>>77757909
Good in theory, horrible in practice even though it could be great in practice.
Won't deny it, it pretty much boosts my country with the euro and I think france or Netherlands are doing great too but keeping your own shit alive while other countries have to suffer for it is pretty much horrible and not worth it imo.
Unfortunately, politics are not about emotions but about "survival of the fittest". Fuck this world.
>>
/int/, where everyone is an expert on international politics and economics
>>
File: 1482854394708.png (48KB, 924x560px) Image search: [Google]
1482854394708.png
48KB, 924x560px
>>77759638
>I like brain drain and inability to control my monetary policy
>>
Better than some alternatives
They went a bit autistic with the way they set up the institutions. The paradox is that the EU might be able to do more for both its free trade and community of interests goals if people hadn't been obsessed with setting up an extranational bureaucracy and a """parliament"""
>>
>>77759715
Another paradox is that overall the Euro has been good for mitigating monetary crises, albeit not for preventing them. Imagine how much more of a world of shit Greece might have been in if they didn't have currency and banking that were pinned to Germany's.
>>
>>77759715
>belgium
>brain drain
Brussels is a world city you retard. They have the capital of both NATO and the EU. Belgium will be fine.
>>
>>77759994
It would be much better for them. If you have an infinite source of credit money you will become quite irresponsible. Moreover they can't inflate currency or just default it because of euro currency
>>
Ah yes, Russia: the Party of Personal Responsibility
>>
>>77758755
Feels with you. A redo could maybe work.
>>
A failure. The EU should be aborted. And perhaps started anew from scratch. Without so many countries.
>>
>>77759994
Would Greece even be in the shit they are if they weren't forced to join the EU/Euro?
>>
>>77757909
Need Turkey ASAP to make is great again!
>>
>>77757909
Transitioning from a coal-and-steel-union to keep Germany and France from rushing to each others throats to a European Federation is impractical, even messy. But I hope we overcome and the Union grows and becomes closer.
>>
>>77760374
Do you think that some robots rule countries? It's the same everywhere. Look at american debt for example. They can't pay it but nobody cares
>>
>>77760449
Short answer: Yes
Long answer: Yes, considering it had more to do with domestic politics and economic factors and a long running aversion to useful taxation and spending reform from both sides of their political divide. They would have been even more out in the cold if they were going it alone.
>>
The best thing to ever happen to Europe.

Edgy /pol/ teenagers think it's destroying muh independence, so there's that.
>>
The EU needs a couple things:
1. Centralisation of power. The EU should be able to act.
2. Democratisation of power. You should be able to vote for European parties, who then proceed to hold power.
3. Journalists that get unlimited access to politicians. Critical journalists should be on top of things.
4. A common second language. So we can actually talk with each other.

If not, then the EU can fuck right off.
>>
>>77760727
The answer is, no
>>
>>77760752
>everyone who is disagree with is an edgy /pol/tard reeeeeeeee
>>
>>77760761
You want a modern state, not a common market.
Talk to your neighbours about federating.
>>
>>77760801
No. The answer is yes, dummy.
>>
>>77760856
Currently we have a mix of both. And half work doesn't work. And everyone knows it.
>>
>>77760846
When it comes to memes like "EU is destroying nations" it usually IS actually an underaged /pol/tard.
>>
>>77757909
Hopefully both they and the US murder suicide each other so this world can finally be free.
>>
>>77760906
The answer is still, no
>>
>>77760801
>>77760846
I had forgotten how dumb the average May supporter had gotten recently.
>>
>>77760761
1. what so you want them to do
2. elaborate
3. partly disagree. Nobody can handle so much pressure
4. a good point
>>
>>77760942
You're wrong. Stop crying
>>
File: 1424670602124.jpg (38KB, 594x333px) Image search: [Google]
1424670602124.jpg
38KB, 594x333px
>people on 4chan
>supporting may, a rampant pro-EU wench

How fucking thick are leafs
>>
>>77761151
Then the only anti-EU candidate with a spine is Corbyn. Would love to hear your Tory damage control on that.
>>
File: eussr.jpg (25KB, 826x525px) Image search: [Google]
eussr.jpg
25KB, 826x525px
>>77757909
>>
shit but I would accept a northern EU
>>
File: 1424668054532.jpg (58KB, 500x616px) Image search: [Google]
1424668054532.jpg
58KB, 500x616px
>corbyn
>has a spine

leafs thinking they understand british politics. lmao.
>>
>>77761079
Currently 28 countries, who range from progressives (sweden), to liberals (netherlands), to conservatives (like poland), to semi-commies (like greeks) need to agree on with each other before anything can happen. That won't work.
Then you have large countries, like Germany, who represent like 15% of the EU, who decide international matters for Europe. While they have no legitimacy to do so whatsoever.
And you have heads of states who decide who should rule the EU.

While the elected parliament members cannot even propose a law.
And you can't even vote for European politicians. You dont even know who the politicians of other countries are. And they do not care about your country either because people can't even vote for them.

And in the EU critical journalists currently get revoked access to the parliament building. If you are critical of the EU then they simply shun you from talking to politicians. So in the European parliament critical voices are never heard. And there is no interaction with any voters or journalists representing an audience. The only people who talk to European politicians are lobbyists.
>>
File: image.jpg (129KB, 640x956px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
129KB, 640x956px
>>77761253
I'll leave you to your mummy may threads then.

;)
>>
File: ohh fantastic.png (185KB, 306x389px) Image search: [Google]
ohh fantastic.png
185KB, 306x389px
>still thinks this is about pro-EU may
>still think comrade corbyn has a spine

why are leafs such fucking cancer?
>>
I like EU but it has problems. Mainly EU has options: integration or disintegration, but status quo can't continue. Personally I hope that EU would federalize but at the same time take a more protectionistic and isolationistic approach. Basically federal fortress Europa-
>>
>>77761473
>Basically federal fortress Europa-
Not going to happen whilst it is so determined to undermine that by encouraging third world shitskins into Europe.
>>
>>77761285
>Currently 28 countries, who range from progressives (sweden), to liberals (netherlands), to conservatives (like poland), to semi-commies (like greeks) need to agree on with each other before anything can happen. That won't work.

This is correct

>federalizing will help

This is wrong. The basic idea of uniting the ununitable is wrong. The idea that European countries share more than what they differ in is wrong.

Making EU truly democratic is the first step towards its demise because it will make people realize other country's politicians can REALLY decide what their country will do and even with the heavy media massage going on, that's not something they will swallow
>>
>>77761285
I think you want to much from it. It's quite obvious that neither a vote per citizen nor vote per country system works. I think eu is just to bloated today. To benefit everyone it should get rid of all things that some parts of it doesn't want. That's all. Rn it's just like overgovernment
>>
>>77761578
Now we are ruled by faceless institutions that don't have any legitimacy. And people know that.

The Dutch people voted against the European constitution. But it came anyway.
The Dutch people voted against the Ukraine treaty. But it came anyway.
We have multiple parties that now want a Nexit referendum, but our prime minister refuses to organize it because he knows what would happen.

You think this is sustainable? Currently it's just a matter of time.
>>
>>77761357
Taxi driver levels of wilful ignorance being shown here, so pic is apropos
>>
>May is pro-EU
>Corbyn is spineless
>JF thinks this is ignorance

Ah yes, the """""""""""educated""""""""" Abo.
>>
>>77761702
They also don't have power. Giving them legitimacy is a bad idea because it could work and you are stuck with pan-European establishment with no way to remove it.
>>
>>77762026
Well, I voted for an anti-EU party. And next elections I'm going to vote for a party that wants to leave the EU. Because I don't believe the current situation works.

I think full federalization is the logical step to make the EU work. But if that doesn't happen, then we have to be realistic and say that everything the EU does can be done better by local politicians in the Netherlands.
>>
>>77761578
Please explain how to become notably more democratic without federalising
>>
>>77762532
Why on Earth would I want the EU to become more democratic? Democracy means rule of the people and I don't particularly trust Czechs to be able to govern themselves and I trust other countries' people even less. You've got people prone to economic suicide like the South, you've got people prone to demogrphic suicide like the Scandis and you've got people prone to any retarded ideology that makes them look good like the Germans. I'm not willing to bet that all of these combined will vote for reasonable people and I want their ability to vote on my life minimized.
>>
File: brexit.png (546KB, 800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
brexit.png
546KB, 800x1200px
>>
I wish /int. would ban cuckposters
>>
File: brexit2.png (1020KB, 5345x2874px) Image search: [Google]
brexit2.png
1020KB, 5345x2874px
>>77764265
>>
File: brexit3.jpg (73KB, 635x397px) Image search: [Google]
brexit3.jpg
73KB, 635x397px
>>77764371
>>
>>77757909

The EU needs to be disassembled just like the UN needs to be, too. The USA needs to withdraw its presence back to its own nation, and focus on itself. If these things were done the world would be a better place.

Europe used to be the soul of Western culture while while America was the heart. Now it is just as degenerate as us, and thus the world.
>>
As long as there are special interest groups and secret services the UN must not exist, because as it stands now it is a wolf in sheep clothing.
>>
File: 1.jpg (8KB, 212x212px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
8KB, 212x212px
>>77760064

First time in 5 years on /int/ I've seen a United Statian say something nice about Belgium
>>
>>77764909
Waffles
>>
>>77764265
>>77764371
>>77764423
paki
>>
File: Brit11.png (26KB, 726x526px) Image search: [Google]
Brit11.png
26KB, 726x526px
>>77767365
>he doesn't want to destroy our economy
>he must be a paki

i bet you believed the 350 million per week bus lol
>>
>>77764423
>>77764371
>>77764265
Self hating cuck. The EU is going to fall apart from the inside if it continues on its current path. We only just escaped and now we can enjoy an even greater economic buffer
>>
>>77767612
>hurr durr wwiii is coming

Stupid fucking paki
>>
>>77767976
see
>>77767612
Thread posts: 70
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.