[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went wrong, /int/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: 7ec.png (54KB, 1024x402px) Image search: [Google]
7ec.png
54KB, 1024x402px
>Marks & Spencer ends up pulling out of China
>And Poland
>Belgium
>Netherlands
>Out of /Balt/ as well
>Slovakia and Romania, too

What is their problem? Shouldn't they be the fashion flagship of British empire?
>>
their food things are fucking awful and they are realising it aswell only brits like that crap
>>
>>77744314
Didn't even know M&S was international desu.
>>
They were in France 15 years ago, never understood what this shop was about and what I could find inside, never tried to find out by myself either, and I guess most of people too since they are no more here
>>
what is that
>>
File: MandS_Warszawa_5102010.jpg (198KB, 640x427px) Image search: [Google]
MandS_Warszawa_5102010.jpg
198KB, 640x427px
>>77744804
It was. I purchased most of my current underwear from an M&S store in Warsaw. That store will be shut down permanently by next monday.
>>
>>77745072
>my current underwear
post pics
>>
I like their corn flakes
>>
>>77745072
They're losing stores across the country here too.
They don't seem to have a business plan that can compete with online retailers.
Wouldn't be surprised if they went under fairly soon.
>>
>>77745232
Fairly common criticism over here was that M&S clothing line seemed geared towards elderly customers rather than younger ones.
And since our old folks mostly consist of poorfags, M&S stores around Warsaw were visibly emptier than shops with younger people as their target audience. The fact that M&S shops were among the largest in terms of occupied space wasn't exactly helping them stay afloat, either.
>>
M&S has no niche, people just go to Waitrose if they want expensive readymeals or a clothes shop if they want clothes
Their banking wing is ace though
>>
>>77745547
Yeah they have the same problem here. Good food though.
>>
They opened a few shops here in the 90s but never expanded from there.
I seen the everywhere in London but here i never even noticed their stores desu.
>>77745072
Cute girly panties r-right?
>>
>>77746530
Nah, non-elastic boxer shorts.
I don't like my morning boner being suppressed by underwear.
>>
Waitrose needs to open more stores. Id buy their junk food
>>
For some reason HOK-Elanto, one of our biggest national co-ops, has been shilling a lot of British stuff. First we got M&S (great food but too expensive for what it is, sensible clothes at an okay price), now we got Tesco products too in the biggest national supermarket chain. I wonder why they're pushing it on us so aggressively.
Tesco food is fairly popular but M&S never gets any customers because their stuff looks too mumsie and middle-aged ladies here prefer shopping at Stockmann (kind of like Finnish Selfridges) instead.
>>
>>77744314
From Hungary as well.
They couldn't build up a big enough consumer base like H&M and the likes, partly because of the price point, and partly because their designs didn't click with what younger generations wanted. Mostly +35 year old upper-middle class shopped there, but they aren't the most numerous base and have plenty of other stores to shop from.
Also, the food and other stuffs was very minimal here.

>>77746530
They also opened up stores in the bigger new malls that were opened well after the 90s.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.