[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bubonic plague/Black Death

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 9

File: Bubonic-Chan Kisses.jpg (181KB, 1280x902px) Image search: [Google]
Bubonic-Chan Kisses.jpg
181KB, 1280x902px
>The Black Death was one of the most devastating pandemics in human history, resulting in the deaths of an estimated 75 to 200 million people in Eurasia and peaking in Europe in the years 1346–1353.

Do you ever think a deadly global extinction event like black death plague will ever happen again in our lifetime?

We know there are secret society cults working on various such plagues but with no success.

Or is "modern medicine" capable of defusing such an event?

How do you think the world would look like today if the plague never happened?
>>
I doubt there will be something natiral and so devastating but were sure gonna see some fun crispr and nano chemical plagues
>>
>>77719227
If we didn't help blacks with Ebola it could be like that.
>>
>>77719391
poppy cuck
>>
File: Black death.gif (59KB, 601x408px) Image search: [Google]
Black death.gif
59KB, 601x408px
>>77719227
Tell us your secrets.
>>
>>77719227
>Do you ever think a deadly global extinction event like black death plague will ever happen again in our lifetime?
I think it's very likely. Bacteria are constantly becoming more and more resistant to antibiotics, and all we need is a resistant strain of a virulent and lethal disease to break out and we'll see a significant drop in human population. Granted, it won't likely be as bad as it was in the middle ages, since we know a lot more about disease now. Still, with a sufficiently long incubation period, we'd have a huge mess on our hands with how interconnected everything is in these days. How ironic would it be if north korea would be the only nation to survive due to its isolation?
>>
>>77719603
ignorance of epidemiology and hygiene is the secret
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqdq_t2v7s4
>>
File: plague doctor2.jpg (4KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
plague doctor2.jpg
4KB, 259x194px
concerning conspiracy theories, is it true black plague was deliberately spread and the first biological war that got out of control?

Or was it more like a cult thing?

If so, could this plague have been learning curb and shown why conducting wars with such potent bacteria is a double edged sword?
>>
>>77719227
Yes. It will spread much faster and wider to to modern means of transportation, and would wipe out all of humanity.

And nothing of value will be lost.
>>
>>77719603
nice bullshit map there.

Should have never really begun this top

too many retards on this shithole site that immediately jump to absurd shit flinging....as usual
>>
File: plague doctor4.jpg (6KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
plague doctor4.jpg
6KB, 225x225px
>>77719818
thank you

I will sleep more comfy knowing this tonight

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G08R7KXMPyA&ytbChannel=Ephemeral%20Rift
>>
>>77719832
TELL ME
>>
>>7772029

go away paddy drunkard

I will not give you any (you)s
>>
File: rip whitebois.png (403KB, 496x594px) Image search: [Google]
rip whitebois.png
403KB, 496x594px
>Millions of wh*te people in Europe die from a disease called the "black death"

Damn history, really repeats itself.
>>
>>77720348
How rude. And after all the toilets I let you people scrub.
>>
>>77719227
The spanish flu after the first world war had the potential to be the second black plague but medicine at the time stopped It from doing Its worst. A plage nowdays will probably spread like hell before countries can even react due to refugees from Infected zones and the developed transportation systems
>>
little paddy in the pond

with a cider in his hand

a reeking pipe between his lips

throwing little paddy fits
>>
>>77720490
>dumb nigger thinks I give a rum soaked watermelon rind about preserving "white people"
>>
>>77719603
Closed borders, hygiene and trade laws.

Casimir was the only king in Polish history to be called "Great" and he died without an heir.
>>
the black death was just a baby compared to extinction events, didn't even manage to kill one species
>>
>>77719760
>concerning conspiracy theories, is it true black plague was deliberately spread and the first biological war that got out of control?
I remember watching some ancient aliens shit as a kid where they claimed that the figure of "Death in a black robe with a scythe" - that was associated with Black Death at that time, was in fact a fucking alien in a hazardsuit with atomizer/diffuser or some other shit to spread the virus through the air.

Dank shit.
>>
>>77722289
modern pandemics are even more pathetic, only lasted months until being neutralized
maybe they killed millions too but now human population is billions
>>
>>77719603
Poland was a safe place for Jews, and in return they didn't poison the wells.
>>
>>77719227
probably
next time the bird flue comes around most of humanity gets fucked
>>
>>77722289
>didn't even manage to kill one species

and how do you know this?

everyone was too scarred shitless about their own ass to be worried about other species going extinct.

pretty sure 1 or two bird species are gone cause of it.
>>
File: nipah.jpg (78KB, 797x498px) Image search: [Google]
nipah.jpg
78KB, 797x498px
>>77719227
Modern disease are pretty babby tier though, first and last time we got NIPAH'D the govt just mobilized the army and shot every pig before it spreads.
If a third world cunt can survive a 1st world cunt should have faster reaction time.
>>
>>77719227

Probably not. As we saw with the Ebola outbreak of 2014, the moment that got bad we started fast tracking medical tests and pushiong through new experimental injections with testing sizes and trial times WAY under what it normally the legal requirement.

In a modern Bubonic Plague scale outbreak, I imagine medical requirements would probably bottom out and you'd be seeing some crazy experiment cures flying out the door constantly.
>>
File: 1428786517354.jpg (177KB, 800x820px) Image search: [Google]
1428786517354.jpg
177KB, 800x820px
>>77719227
Asians are immune to black death.
>>
>>77719603

You remember the proto-meme from long who from that flash game Plague Inc. with "SHUT DOWN EVERYTHING" and Madagascar becoming impossible to infect?

It was basically that in real life, the Warsaw region essentially become an impenetrable fortress. Nothing got in and those inside were rigorous in their hygiene and precautions.
>>
>>77719603
bigos
>>
>>77723035

i see what you did there

...did so good that is
>>
File: black vs asian.jpg (6KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
black vs asian.jpg
6KB, 259x194px
>>77727877
clearly not, chang
>>
>>77727914
No, Plague exists in almost every continent.
It's beautiful.
>>
File: IMG_4740.jpg (55KB, 599x309px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4740.jpg
55KB, 599x309px
>>77729129
Not in Europe.

As a child, I was fascinated by plague for some reason.
>>
>>77727877
>reduces chink population from 135 million in 1200 AD to 65 million in 1393

Chinks are just too retarded to keep detailed records tbqh
>>
>>77719227
I'm betting on modern science and infrastructure. SARS, Ebola, Zika -- they've killed a few, but they got contained and stomped on before they could get widespread.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.