[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

WTF......Ⲁ••Ⲱ

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: Bartolomew_I.jpg (344KB, 878x1212px) Image search: [Google]
Bartolomew_I.jpg
344KB, 878x1212px
I just found out that the patriarch of Constantinople is elected and controlled by Turkey... What the????

What is this insane humiliation? What do Greeks and Orthodox think?
>>
rightful russian clay pls conquer these animals
>>
>>77678928
obvious bait but nonetheless
>After the proclamation of the Republic of Turkey on October 29, 1923, the Turkish state only recognizes the Patriarch as the spiritual leader of the Greek minority in Turkey, and officially refers to him as the "Greek Orthodox Patriarch of the Phanar" or "Roman Orthodox Patriarch of Constantinople" (Turkish: Fener Rum Ortodoks Patriği) (Phanar is the neighbourhood in Istanbul where the patriarchate is located). According to Turkish law, still in force today, he is subject to the authority of the Republic of Turkey; however, Turkey allows the Standing Synod of Metropolitan Bishops to elect the Patriarch.
Also, the patriarch doesn't really have that much power anyways, the patriarch of Athens is stronger
>>
>>77679003

Do you think Russia will liberate Constantinople?

I think Turkish army will blow up Hagia Sophia as they abandon the city :(
>>
>>77679060
There is more than one patriarch?

But Catholics have one pope

So Orthodox have many leaders?
>>
>>77679120
Check pentarchy
>>
File: 5581.jpg (124KB, 1619x820px) Image search: [Google]
5581.jpg
124KB, 1619x820px
>>77679070
>Do you think Russia will liberate Constantinople?
I wish
>>
>>77679120
>>77679164
>>
Also the church traditionally supported the Ottomans
So if the Turks decide to remove the holy gyros from Poli
I wouldn't be THAT sad.
>>
>>77679170
>lost against afghans somalis koreans rice farmers
>we gun take stanbul
L
E
L
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.