[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are you in favour of Australia becoming a republic and why?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_0896.png (30KB, 397x370px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0896.png
30KB, 397x370px
Are you in favour of Australia becoming a republic and why?
>>
>>77677135
Yes

Because it's awful having another flag on your flag
>>
Nah, monarchy is the best form of government
>>
1. no
2. government will use it as an excuse to say we never had a british identity and flood us with shitskins
>>
I just cant stop seeing scooby doo' s head
Zoinks
>>
>>77677135
No. Republicans like to claim that becoming a Republic will make us more of a "real nation" with its own national identity distinct from Britain. This may sound reasonable but really this just means accepting our fate as a "multicultural nation" with no distinct Australian identity, i.e. the opposite of what they claim will happen.
>>
File: flag1.jpg (67KB, 926x579px) Image search: [Google]
flag1.jpg
67KB, 926x579px
>>77677520
Also if we became a republic the inevitable new flag would look something "multicultural" and "Aboriginal inspired" like pic related.

Either that or some modern, minimalist, reddit-tier design that will look dated once design trends change.
>>
>>77677520
How pathetic

Being a bitch of Britain is something to be proud of?
>>
>>77677784
In what way are we their bitch?

And "cuckstamp" isn't an argument because most Australians are proud of our British origins and don't see having the Union Jack on our flag as a sign of cuckery, but rather an acknowledgement of said origins.
>>
>>77677847
>proud
>of a country halfway across the world

Pathetic. We Americans are proud of our German/Italian/Irish heritage here. No one here ever says they're British or English because they tried to kill us all during the revolution

Britain wants to fill you with shitskins as well
>>
>>77677902
>muh heritage
Shan't be replying to such a ridiculous post
>>
>>77677957
>Australians identifying without britain
>not muh heritage

Get the fuck out of here. No one does that here on an official level like you're government
>>
>>77677993
It's not simply "muh heritage" on an individual level like in America. We are recognising our nation's British origins as well.

Also given the ridiculously distorted and arbitrary ways in which Americans celebrate their "heritage", I don't think you're anyone to take advice off in this regard. But I won't be making any further responses on this issue because I don't want to turn this thread into another "proving muh heritage americans wrong" thread
>>
>>77678119
>recognizing British origins
>not muh heritage

K

I'm glad we in the US don't do that. We severed all our times to Britain
>>
>>77678208
No one thought of themselves as Australian until WW1
>>
>>77677162
I've been pretty apathetic about the flag debate in this country, but almost every proposed flag i've seen has been horrible bar maybe 1 or 2.

Most designs are just a panicked mix of everything, >>77677655 is a good example

>Blue, red and white of current flag
>Indeginous themes/colours
>Gold and green sport colours
>muh southern cross
>chevron design because muh boomerang
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.