[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are the Irish so mean spirited?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: Average Irish Guy.jpg (10KB, 254x198px) Image search: [Google]
Average Irish Guy.jpg
10KB, 254x198px
pic very very related
>>
>>77631154
There's a word common in Ireland called "begrudging".
Basically people think dragging down other people is an accomplishment, and on the other end, braggarts, snobs and thieves think they're justified against all humility because they can write everyone off as "begrudgers".
The common attitude is that it's a legacy of the colonisation, where the only people who got wealth were foreigners, turncoats, and quislings, and so "begrudgery" is a phenomenon of the native Irish peasants, but personally I think that's a comfortable narrative for the heirs of those kinds of people. Begrudgery is the product of the "house negroes" looking down on everyone else.
>>
>>77631289
hey I was trying to bait stop it
>>
>>77631357
The mean-spiritedness question (MSQ) is at the heart of Ireland's problems desu.

What would you say Germany's most common attitude problem is?
>>
one called me a bastard
i only cried a little bit
>>
File: 1500990487920.png (528KB, 1039x923px) Image search: [Google]
1500990487920.png
528KB, 1039x923px
it's in their nature desu
>>
Feck off
I'll box the head o' ya
>>
Ireland is the greatest country in this side of the world, the real land of the free
>>
>Irish people in America discriminated against Italians yet devoutly practiced an Italian religion
You can't make this shit up.
>>
>>77633112
>italian religion
Sol Invictus was a thing in America? or the roman gods?
>>
>>77633714
Sol Invictus? He came from Persia. But lets see...
>ROMAN Catholic Church
>Most popes were ethnic Italians
>Latin is official language.
>Most prolific Roman Catholicana is Italian (Michelangelo, Da Vinci)
>Values in Roman Catholicism are largely Italian
>Most famous theologians were Italians
>headquarters in the Middle of Italy.
>>
>>77631154
Every Irishman is born with an overwhelming anger at the world that must be doused with alcoholism. That's why "the craic" is such an important concept to them, they'd kill themselves otherwise
>>
>>77631289
I think it's just a common defence mechanism. It's easier to run things and people down to cushion or inflate your ego or self esteem.

It's a very easy and typical mode of operation to assume and persist with.
>>
>>77631154
Probably has something to do with england
>>
>>77631154
what did you expect from a nation where alcoholism and violent behaviour are encouraged? it's not even their fault though, it's just a part of their nature
>>
>>77633112
did they? I didn't think the irish americans were ever in a position to be above italians
>>
>>77635094
>a nation where alcoholism and violent behaviour are encouraged
we talking about Russia or Ireland
>>
>>77634538
Probably the lack of will and opportunity to accomplish "great thingsā„¢" for or in Ireland qua Ireland/qua Irishness.
The mindset in "Official Ireland" and wealthy Ireland is that we're a province that should culturally cringe at everything that isn't simply the implementation of Anglo-American culture and policy.

>>77635094
Alcoholism is encouraged but violent behaviour has been constrained and we're as pussified as anywhere in NW Europe.
>>
>>77635328
>were as pussified as anywhere in NW Europe
Hello Dublin. This is blatently false
>>
>>77635141
From the 20s to late 40s, Irish gangs ruled supreme on the East Coast
>>
>>77635483
Wow ur 'ard.
>>
File: 1469652327896.jpg (51KB, 600x615px) Image search: [Google]
1469652327896.jpg
51KB, 600x615px
>>77635699
t.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.