[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are the prestige dialects of your country?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

What are the prestige dialects of your country?
>>
The redeeming feature of remaining a patchwork of small non-industrial states is that standard Italian was the "prestige dialect" for centuries
So any dialect is seen as uneducated and lower class, some of course more than others but still
>>
Anything other than a dead standard middle income Lisbon accent sounds ridiculous.

The manner of speaking of the rich is as ridiculed as the manner of the poor. Not to mention the ex-colonies.
>>
>>77619009
Definitely the Atlantic dialects as spoken by Newfoundlanders and Maritimers. They all sound so hard working, sober, and intelligent.
>>
There are no prestige dialects in spanish. You just try to sound as neutral as possible, the more accent you have, the more stigmatized it becomes. This rule doesn't apply to Spain and Spain's views though, only to latin america.
>>
Castille: Prestige
North: Good
Catalonia: Kind of weird
Basque Country: Drunk-tier
Galicia: ayy lmao
Andalucia: shit tier / gyppo
Latin America (in general): Stop Speaking my Language - tier
>>
Prestige dialect:
As Danish influenced as possible, up to a certain point, then it gets fedora.

Low prestige:
Dialects from Oslo and the surrounding region
>>
File: 1501009130138 (1).jpg (381KB, 1400x1900px) Image search: [Google]
1501009130138 (1).jpg
381KB, 1400x1900px
>>77620473
>Castille: Prestige
>>
>>77619441
the standard Portuguese is from around Coimbra, though.
>>
>>77619009
Prestige: General American, you have to have this accent if you want to be taken seriously in any industry or profession

Stigmatized: pretty much any regional accent, but a southern accent is probably the most stigmatized.
>>
>Prestige
Northeast
West Coast

>Stigmatized
Southern
Midwestern
African American
>>
muslim ghetto dialect is prestige
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.