[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the shittiest place you've ever been?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 317
Thread images: 29

For me it's Freetown, Sierra Leone. Pic related.
>>
>>77493775
are you black?
>>
Mulhouse in Alsace. It looked like a Parisian ghetto except that it's a city, so it's worse.

It was dirty, poor, multiracial. Also ugly accent - a mixture between the ugly Alsatian accent and the ugly African accent.
>>
The fish market in Tunis. That smell.
>>
>>77493775
Jordan
>>
>>77493775
Kerala, India

Definition of poverty.
>>
Berlin
>>
Gelsenkirchen
>>
>>77493775
Qatar
>>
>>77493775

Might be harsh but Christchurch, NZ. Not their fault obviously but the place was in utter ruins when I passed through.

Other than that maybe Rahat in Israel. Bedouin town in the south. Filthy and built stupid and out of crappy materials because nothing has building permits there. There is a dumpster fire on every street at any given hour of the day. Starving rabid dogs roaming. Really shitty place.
>>
>>77494095
Not black, Chinese diaspora. I was with an NGO and I was already well-traveled so I wanted to go to a meme place. Worst decision of my life.
>>
>>77495739
What's the point of a meme response like this?
>>
>>77493775
Stockholm
>>
Somewhere in Mexico on a cruise
>>
outside
>>
>>77495698
You haven't seen real poverty if you only saw Kerala. Is this bait? What places exactly in Kerala?
>>
File: 1499240590108.png (85KB, 400x346px) Image search: [Google]
1499240590108.png
85KB, 400x346px
My room
>>
>>77493775
Why the fuck would you travel to Sierra Leone? and what did you do there?
>>
>>77497034

>>77495873
>>
>>77497097
Downtown LA
>>
>>77493775
i live in one
>>
>>77495698
Did you see People pooing in loo?
>>
>>77493775
Barcelona
>>
>>77493775
Dude, I was there earlier this summer. What were you doing?
>>
>>77497355
jk just saw your other post. I was in pretty much the same situation. It was ass. Did you get out of Freetown at all? I spent a little time in the Northern Province and it was miles better simply by virtue of being less densely populated and cleaner
>>
Chicago, USA

That's not a joke. I was in the Côte d'Ivoire during their Civil War where brutal death was a constant and I was in Haiti following the earthquake. Chicago is still the most uncomfortable I have ever been.
>>
>>77495873
storytime. anything interesting that stands out?
>>77495698
kerala is ironically a good part of india lmfao.

although some parts are untainted by general poverty though and can be quite nice.
>>
>>77497453
what do you do for a living? also storytime. what happened, things you saw.
>>
>>77497630
i bet that's a 19 yo kid larping to impress other kids (like you)
>>
>>77497387
Yeah, I went to Makeni for two days to help set up some infrastructure for the local uni. The local market was pretty cool but it's impossible to ignore the rampant poverty everywhere.
>>
I went to the Czech Republic as a kid to go skiing. To a city called Liberec.
A friend of my parents, who lived in a flat in the Netherlands, had purchased an entire street there including a movie theater. Because it was all cheap as fuck.

In restaurants and supermarkets we bought a ridiculous amount of stuff and it costed barely anything. Like 11 gulden (6 euro) for an entire five course dinner. Was pretty great.
I think that isn't possible anymore today.

Two years ago I went to the Czech republic again and I stopped by at the bone church in Sedlec. That area also looked like a third world area. Everything poorly maintained.

The highway to Prague was also bumpy as fuck. I wasn't even sure if you were supposed to drive there or not, so bumpy was it.
>>
Los Angeles, Casablanca or Australia's Gold Coast.
>>
>>77497630
I was a missionary with the LDS church sent to the Ivory Coast. Piles of bodies, heads in stakes, etc. It became so commonplace tgat my partner and I once noticed we had passed a pile if 3 bodies roadside and never even noticed enough to break conversation.
Went to Haiti following the earthquake in a schooner called the Haley & Matthew, delivering fresh water, medical supplies, etc.

>>77497681
Not quite, I'm 33
>>
>>77497576
People were really nice other than the merchants trying to hawk you. One of them got downright aggressive after I brushed him off and started following me but a guy by the side of the road said something in Krio (local language).

There's really nothing of value in the places I went. There are some beaches in the rural areas but I didn't have the chance to see them. Near Freetown the hygiene is India-tier.
>>
>>77494699
Is that the place with the ''''renowned''''' ''''market''''''? If so, went there while staying with Germ friends, were all heavily disappointed but got some good cheese.

>>77493775
>>77497355

You can't just drop that you went to Sierra Leone and not describe your experience.
>>
>>77497712
No way, I was right near Makeni! We were in one of the smaller towns along the mining highway. I met some Mormons at an internet cafe down the street from the big Africell archway.

What a shithole.

>>77497681
Some people actually do interesting things, anon. You can too, one day, if you set your mind to it!
>>
>>77497800
>>77497911

>33
>posts cheap baits comparing ivory coast with the us

yeah sounds about right
>>
The suburbs of Málaga probably, was kept up all night by stray dogs either fucking or trying to kill each other.
>>
>>77497898
For me (not the OP, the other guy), it was kind of a shitshow. I was working for what they call a "CBO" which is basically a smaller NGO. We were working on an agriculture project that was being funded by a grant that a friend of mine wrote a year ago. Conditions are hell, food is terrible, people are nice, but they just want money from you. Scenery is interesting if you're like me and have never been in a tropical environment before.

If you want to see West Africa, go to Ghana.
>>
Probably Yakima, WA, or some of the slums in Puerto Rico, but mostly Yakima. I've lived and traveled across the country and parts of Europe and have never been to such a shithole, aside from a ''''migrant labor''''' (human trafficking) camp in Oregon where people were living in literal piss-soaked horse stalls with festering wounds.

>>77497800
Assuming you're telling the truth, why was Chicago worse?
>>
>>77497911
Wow, what a small world. This is why I like /int/.
>>
nyc
It was fucking old slum except for midtown and around central park
>>
>>77498026
Sounds pretty depressing, but I've heard that the country's made huge progress since the civil war, which I guess only really says something about how bad the state they were in before was.

>If you want to see West Africa, go to Ghana.
Would love to see Ghana, Senegal, and Benin. And Botswana, but that's not West Africa.
>>
>>77498098
It was the shock mostly. I had absolutely no idea that places like that existed in the USA, or any highly industrialised place. The crumbling infrastructure, the aggressive homeless beggars, all of it made me very uncomfortable. Hard to believe people live like that in such a wealthy country.
>>
>>77498196
They started making progress, then Ebola happened and...
>>
>>77498196
Botswana is also on my bucket list. As far as tourism goes, it seems like a less meme version of Kenya with less people, better government, better infrastructure, better everything.
>>
>>77497870
Have you been to India as well? Is SL generally better off in terms of cleanliness and sanitation? The only thing I know about the country is from Krio TV shows desu. Freetown doesn't look worse than Bangalore if not better.
>>
>>77495806
http://www.timesofisrael.com/is-rahat-the-ferguson-of-israel/
>>
>>77498241
>Hard to believe people live like that in such a wealthy country.
I take it you've never been to Surrey BC. :p

Believe it or not, though, there are places in the US even worse than Chicago. Maybe not in terms of violence (though there is), but the poverty, blight, etc. is much worse.
>>
>>77498098
>telling the truth,
on /int/

>why was Chicago worse?
>Chicago is worse than Côte d'Ivoire
Yeah right. I bet he is some delusional minority shitposter
>>
>>77498589
>but the poverty, blight, etc. is much worse
*cough*Mississippi*cough*West Virginia*
>>
>>77498411
I'm just basing the comparison off memes. I had a short layover in Mumbai once so I saw the good parts but didn't really venture very far as I only had a few hours. At any rate, it's really fucking dirty and smelly.
>>
I'm on Rio right now and some of the dried out rivers smell so fucking bad.
Too many dogs and especially dogshit.
Don't take your phone out in public.
The road isn't maintained, be ready for back pain after a 1 hour bus ride.
You can drink the water from the sink but the quality is shit.
>>
>>77498589
No, except a quick jaunt to Saskatchewan as a kid and a trip to Niagra, I have never been west of Québec in Canada.
>>
Some shithole in Czech Republic 20 years ago whose name I don't remember.

It was obvious people here (in the country as a whole) were making great efforts to renovate and update their cities, but just wandering 1 or 2 streets away from the main roads was enough to let the general bleakness of the place hammer you between the eyes.

I remember seeing Vietnamese markets looking like brazilian slums selling only knockoff and counterfeited shit.

I also remember driving for dozens of kilometers on road with at least 1 prostitute every fucking 100m on each sides of the road. Literally.
>>
>>77496567
Thiruvananthapuram among others. Also been in Bombay, and a few other places I cant remember the names off (I was 9 at the time).

It was the poorest places I have ever seen in my life.
>>77497270
I cant remember seeing any designated street shitters. They probably did it discretely.
>>77497576
Good compared to the rest of India? Maybe, fuck do I know. But it wasnt very good compared to Europe, not good at all.
>>
>>77498026
>Conditions are hell
Not just the dirt and poverty, but the tropical sun and 250% humidity.
>food is terrible
Cassava root and beans. Yummy.
>>
Shittiest place I ever saw was North Philadelphia.
>>
>>77498649
Oh man, West Virginia is a shithole. Took a wrong turn driving across the country and went through it; as soon as you entered the boundaries there was crumbling infrastructure EVERYWHERE. Their section of the Appalachians is beyond stunning, though. Just absolutely breathtaking. I'd like to go back one day.

Apparently Eastern Kentucky is somehow worse than WV.

>>77498985
I was mostly joking; Surrey's not that bad. It's on par with a stable lower-income city district in the US.
>>
>>77499056
So you went there in the 90s? Oh well, that was right after the fall of gommunism and countries were struggling to adjust to the new world.
>>
File: f-mulhouse_daniel_schoenen_24.jpg (164KB, 1000x665px) Image search: [Google]
f-mulhouse_daniel_schoenen_24.jpg
164KB, 1000x665px
>>77494699
looks comfy?
>>
>>77499400
West Virginia is inhabited by people who barely know what day of the week it is thanks to poverty, cousin marriage, fetal alcohol syndrome, huffing paint varnish, etc.
>>
>>77499454
http://weheartwv.com/2015/11/10/these-13-photos-show-the-incredible-poverty-of-west-virginia-in-the-70s/

Here's some vintage photos from 1973. It basically looks the same today except for newer cars and satellite dishes on the houses.
>>
>>77499102
>Thiruvananthapuram
Should have went to Kochi instead.

I wandered into the Seemapuri slums in Delhi one time. You could smell it from a mile away. It's pretty much a huge trash dump and open air sewer with people living among the garbage and shit. Absolutely atrocious.
>>
Turkey
>>
Chicago
>>
>>77499825
You have to wonder how they all haven't died en masse from a huge epidemic due to those kind of living conditions.
>>
File: township-squatter-camp.jpg (809KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
township-squatter-camp.jpg
809KB, 1280x720px
A rural town in KwaZulu-Natal. It was essentially a squatter camp built around the road. There were just 3 brick and mortar buildings if I remember correctly, and a huge billboard about condoms and AIDS.

There was also sewage and mud covering most of the road which the locals just walked through. Things get crazy here very quickly if you take a wrong turn. I'm amazed I wasn't hijacked.
>>
>>77499825
imo it reeked wherever you went in India. Ok, not everywhere, but almost. So dirty. God I really hated that place with a burning passion.

I remember walking around somewhere in Bombay and just constantly feeling that smell of rotten shit or whatever. Theres no escaping it.

This was 16-17 years ago though, so I hope India is more developed today.
>>
File: epdi0f.jpg (40KB, 300x392px) Image search: [Google]
epdi0f.jpg
40KB, 300x392px
>>77500001
>This was 16-17 years ago though, so I hope India is more developed today
>>
>>77497453
As a Chicagoan I call bullshit.
>>
>>77499967
Ending apartheid really improved the black man's lot, didn't it?
>>
>>77493775
Kraków for sure
>>
>>77493775
Paris, France
>>
Los angeles dangerous as motherfucker
>>
File: 55215503.jpg (36KB, 500x342px) Image search: [Google]
55215503.jpg
36KB, 500x342px
Probably my hometown Brno in the Czech Republic. (because I haven't been anywhere) And even that is a really nice city, it just has an eastern-european vibe and hosts a lot of gypsies. Pic related is how the worst part of the city looks like.
>>
>>77500488
what's bad about your pic? it's just some old kamienice, better than commieblocks for sure
>>
>>77500488
brno is a student city though no? nicer now?
>>
los angeles
>>
No, south side Chicago is the most dangerous place in United States. It is gang capital of USA.

North side Chicago is organized crime capital of United States.
>>
>>77500287
Then why are so many of your people here?
>>
LA wasn't that dangerous

Last time I went I fucked a couple 18 year old Chinese girls and forced another one to masturbate in movie theater
>>
Atlanta, Georgia is the worst city I've ever been to and I've been around a lot. The city looks nice at least.
Kentucky outside of the city looks LITERALLY third world though and everyone there seems mentally ill somehow. It makes East TN looks like a utopia.
>>
>>77499967
Durban is littered with squatter camps along the road, and unfortunately Cape Town as of late too.
>>
>>77500848
>>77501074
It's the worst part because it's a gypsy ridden hellhole, and I don't like how badly maintained the houses look. Also further down the road you can find a great amount of commieblocks

But as I said before, Brno is a really nice city that I love with all of my heart, just haven't been to a "shitty" city
>>
File: 1493657253828.jpg (62KB, 294x573px) Image search: [Google]
1493657253828.jpg
62KB, 294x573px
>be lucky enough to be born in a first world country
>waste money to go to a shit hole
>>
>>77500195
Kek of course, they're """""equal""""" now so the Anglo governments can rest easy.
>>
In all of my very limited travels I've never been to a place so shitty that I feel like it's worthy of being in this thread. I've been in ghettos before but nothing crazy.

One place I do find kind of skeevy is Wolcott CT though. The town is affluent but it is rank with corruption and a lot of the people are just awful people. I honestly feel dirty just driving through the town. I'd rather be in the bad parts of New Haven or Bridgeport.

Aside from that I've been to Mississippi... that's kinda shitty though I don't remember much of it. I got to swim near a dolphin in the Gulf though so that was kinda cool. I might actually be going back to Mississippi to visit a friend down at USM this fall.
>>
>>77493775
4chan in the current year.
>>
>>77498719
>from the sink
From the tap you mean. Why would you drink it from the sink? Are you a dog?
>>
>>77501539
People will pay for the experience. I assume that people in the 1st world countries want to go to third world countries to experience poverty and hardship.
>>
>>77500488
Those electricity lines for trams make cities look so much worse than they are, why do they have to be so ugly?
>>
>>77499165
>Cassava

Hey could you delete this it gave me PTSD?
>>
>>77502066
it's the price of maximum possible level of comfyness, achievable only in a town with trams
>>
File: 1498933744232.gif (909KB, 400x361px) Image search: [Google]
1498933744232.gif
909KB, 400x361px
>>77501820
boy you're surely making the place better
>>
My home village just after war. 90% of buildings were destroyed and unemployment was rampant. Today it's better. Other than that we have gypsy lairs, been to such in zagfeb.
>>
Korean yakuza district in Osaka
>>
>>77501207

I live near atl. Why did you hate it so much?
I don't go to legit downtown very often, and only during the day, but midtown and little 5 points are fine.
The traffic is inexcusably horrendous though
>>
Memphis
New Orleans
Birmingham, AL
Pritchard, AL
Greenville, MS
Yakima, WA
>>
File: substation-1.jpg (357KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
substation-1.jpg
357KB, 1600x1200px
>>77502066
Electricity and electrical infrastructure is cool as fuck. You just have shit taste.

I might be slightly biased because I'm an EE but still...
>>
What's yakima, i've seen murricans usually mention it in threads like this
>>
>>77502334
Cool
I just finished masters in automation and electrical dtives, quite similar to EE :)
>>
>>77502359
Just a mostly Mexican shithole in central Washington. There isn't really much to describe, it's just poor. It's the biggest producer of hops in America, which is cool. That might even be biggest worldwide, I'm not sure.
>>
>>77502359
Dunno, never heard of it before today. It doesn't look so bad though I guess a picture doesn't tell the whole story.
>>
>>77502334
>I might be slightly biased because I'm an EE but still...
those electricity lines are present in western europe too, not just EE
>>
>>77502430
>>77502474
well nevermind me, looks like i'm retarded
>>
>>77502474
EE is short hand for electrical engineer, not Eastern Europe.
>>
>>77493775
Estados Unidos de America
>>
>>77493775
East St Louis, IL
>>
>>77497453
Where in Chicago were you, and when were you there? It's pretty easy to avoid the bad parts.
>>
In the areas around Kongo.
Never been so afraid of my life and I've been in Iraq and Syria.
Kongo was the one place that nearly got me to quit my job (photographer)
Within just 2-3 hours trucks with armed men pretty much seized the town me and the crew was in.
>>
>>77502470
Well it's in Washington, so that picture looks good because Washington is beautiful.
>>
File: images (1).jpg (4KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
images (1).jpg
4KB, 225x225px
>>77502777
Did they decide to let you go after checking your trips?
>>
>>77502687
Huh? Are there a lot of spics in East St Louis or something?
It was all the brownfields, the only open businesses being liquor stores and pawn shops, and the missing road signs and manhole covers that scared me. I didn't see any Mexicans.
>>
>>77502869
Kek din't notice that.
But no they just left. One minute they were all over town threatening people, the next they got in their trucks and left.
Had to play hide and seek with them for the 6 weeks we where there.
Lemme tell ya, I prefer being in Machu Picchu or Antarctica takiing photos, the bad parts of Africa? Never again.
>>
File: Brett-Cole-India-04925_xgaplus.jpg (409KB, 1152x768px) Image search: [Google]
Brett-Cole-India-04925_xgaplus.jpg
409KB, 1152x768px
>>77499948
I think their immune systems have hardened over generations to withstand the bacteria and filth. When I was in Varanasi I saw people bathing and swimming in the Ganges just a few feet away from human/cow remains and piles of floating garbage. They didn't seem worse off for it.

When my grandfather was a boy growing up in New York City (in the late 20s-30s) him and his friends used to jump off the docks and swim in the East River during the summer. And this was during a time when raw sewage and industrial waste was dumped directly into it. He ended up living to 96. I think as a society we've grown too sanitized for our own good. If some real plague comes along, our pussified immune systems are going to shit the bed and we're gonna get wiped out. But Indians might have a pretty good shot at surviving it.
>>
>>77502972
sounds like you have a pretty cool job. or is it a hobby?
>>
>>77503017
Why don't they use fucking garbage cans? Jesus.
>>
>>77500163
And yet it's true. I went through a McDonald's drive-thru and they had already taken off the monopoly game pieces and at the end of the drive-thru was a man asking for money, apparently management didn't care. Also at red lights people would walk up to your car and try to sell you things. The gas station had thick glass in front of the cashier and you conducted your transaction through a little drawer tray. It was surreal.

>>77502707
Not sure but I'm quite confident it was south Chicago. I was driving from North Dakota to New Brunswick through the US and missed an exit, when I tried to reroute I got messed up in construction.
>>
>>77502707
Also the bad parts are a bunch of projects. Unsightly yes, but that's about that unless you go in there.
>>
>>77503021
It's a job. Work for one of the travel companies here in Sweden, also do some freelancing for nature & wildlife magazines etc whenever I can.
>>
>>77503082
...and it was 3 or 4 years ago this Autumn
>>
>>77499967
at least they're still dressed better than most Americans
>>
>>77503082
>man asking for money
holy shit
totally surreal
africa tier
>>
File: 1500321309998.png (495KB, 1593x1418px) Image search: [Google]
1500321309998.png
495KB, 1593x1418px
>>77501731
I haven't been to any legitimately bad places either, I've traveled to a bunch of European countries but never outside of this continent. I'd probably say it's the bad parts of Oslo, fucked up stuff happens there.
>>
>>77503224
let me guess, are you from some 3rd world shithole where dressing up is a status thing?
>>
>>77503082
>Southside Chicago
Yeah, don't do that.
The downtown parts are nicer. Also, if you got stuck in construction, that's not a fair assessment. Montreal looks like shit under construction.
>>77503111
Yeah, and even if you end up in a bad place, just don't be dumb. I bought an audio sampler from a guy named Shanti on S Honore, and I'm a blonde autistic hick. He was a nice guy.

I'd never live there, and growing up in its suburbs sucked. Nonetheless, Chicago is an awesome city to visit.
>>
>>77502777
mau mau militia?

yeah fucked up shit they do.
>>
>>77503251
That was just something that stood out. Lots of places have beggars but management being so used to it that they don't even notice or care about someone walking up to every customer they have is very odd. It wasn't just those things though, it was the entire atmosphere, graffiti, litter, derelict buildings, homeless everywhere, peopke honking, running lights, staring, etc.
All noticeably odd
>>
>>77502777
What were Iraq and Syria like?
>>
>shittiest place overall
Dangriga, Belize
>shittiest place in my own country
Jackson, Mississippi
>>
Asuncion, Paraguay
>>
>>77503774
Jackson fucking sucks. I used to live in Birmingham for a long time and had to spend more time in Jackson than anyone would ever want to. Monroe, Louisiana is even worse.
>>
>>77503807
What's living in Paraguay like? Is it as bad as Bolivia?
>>
>>77503690
I think the words that comes to mind is mixed.
Both countries are somehow nice. They have beautiful nature, the people (the normal people) are nice and very eager to help.
Then there is the bad part. The violence, the hate, the destruction and chaos.
And a constant feel of terror.
We could be sitting in a small village, nothing but goat herders and children around. The women bringing us food and water, singing and laughing. Then all of a sudden a radio would call out and people just scatter. From joy to fear in a second flat. Almost never did we get an explanation to as why either, just that we best leave quickly.
>>
>>77503948
What year were you there? I've always been interested in Iraq and Syria and it's pretty sad that their current state is so bad.
>>
>>77503948
>Almost never did we get an explanation to as why
They do that when the towelheads are coming
>>
one black ghetto in Kypseli

also Berlin had plenty of shady looking alleys
>>
>>77504168
Iraq in 2012-2013 and Syria just back in 2015.
>>77504209
Yep that we knew but nothing more.
>>
>>77502462
But all USA is like that lmao
>>
>>77504272
Well clearly not all of it, Javy, but much of rural and small town America is, yeah.
>>
>>77504383
>much of rural and small town America is
Hey, fuck you, pal.
>>
>>77504455
I said much, Jimbo, not all. Nice dubs.
>>
>>77504566
you've personally visited most of them? wow. you travel a lot.
>>
>>77504566
By your standard...
>much of urban and suburban America is
>>
>>77504455
>>77504566
>>77504766
Also, this is a nice chain of dubs.
>>
>>77493775
Rio de Janeiro.
>>
>>77504897
Why are favelas so comfy looking?
>>
>>77502265
The Atlanta's culture is either very hateful or very friendly. It's either or, no in between. And some people there seemed violent and criminal.
>>
>>77505406
I don't think Atlanta has an unfriendly culture but parts of it do have a ton of crime. It's better than many other southern cities though.
>>
>>77506280
Not really unfriendly but cynical in a way. It's hard to describe. Half of my family lives in Atlanta and they are very cynical to each other. Maybe because they're originally from California but I'm not sure. I'm just not used to to how other people act outside of my small region. I live in East TN. This place is as "first world" as Chile but at least we are nice. I just wish Appalachia wasn't so poor.
>>
haven't been to many countries, but so far it has been Crete in Greece
>>
Athens

The whole city looks like a ghetto. It's really ugly and poorly maintained in many parts.
>>
>>77506782
>Crete
Really? This surprises me. What's it like?
>>
Spokane
>>
From personal experience?
Chicago.
Spent five days there on my roadtrip.
Got robbed, almost beaten up and people were fucking rude. Literally almost got beat up by some dudes because I'm tall and have a big blond beard. Like, why?
Hell I thought New York was bad..
>>
Mali or
Burkina faso
>>
>>77493775
london
paris
new york
sydney

in that order
>>
>>77499102
You are spoiled by Scandinavia. Go to north-central India to see feudal age level poverty. Kerala actually has less street shitters than most parts of India, that is why you have not seen any.
>>
Rio de Janeiro.

Went to Rio as a military during favela ocupations.

It's not the place really, it's the people there who are horrible, specially when i had to deal with favelados.

Also shitty tourists.
>>
>>77507712
Why would you ever go to either of those places? What were they like?
>>
>>77507377
Spokane is an ugly shithole. The land around it is really comfy but the city gives me a really bad vibe. What were you doing there and what did you see?
>>
>>77507643
Don't tell me you went to the Southside too...
>>
>>77507968
Just travelling. We drove into town from the Rockies and found that it was as run-down and featureless as the prairie was, with even more hobos and general trash. I remember being young when I saw it too, so it was the first time I had seen basketball-americans and I immediately felt disgusted by them.
>>
File: pepetin.jpg (9KB, 240x193px) Image search: [Google]
pepetin.jpg
9KB, 240x193px
>>77507169
Tourist island and the "shining jewel" of Greece, according to Greeks on 4chan. Yet at times it felt like 3rd world country with the usual problems, like trash everywhere, stray dogs, careless driving everywhere (teenagers and young adults driving their motorcycles at max speed in middle of cities for example), and so on. Archaeological sites were usually very nice, but that should be expected.
And the local Greeks see and treat you as walking money pouches.
Also never throw your shit paper to toilet, or you're going to clog them
>>
>>77495648
naniiiiiiiii
>>
>>77503074
And where would they put them or buy them for? Their 1 usd a day irregular incomes? If they have no bread why don't they just eat cake duh.

On topic, my hometown's 2 gipsy flats on the outskirts of it. There are 2 flats there that have never been renovated because the gypsies would just ruin them anyway. Saw 2 gypsy kids fight for Fidorkas (a kind of chocolate wafers) that they stole from a nearby shop (they had them stuffed in jackets). The street is called "Jazerná" (lake street) but there is no lske of anything other than gypsies there.

My hometown is smsll tho so it is just that one street.

As for places I have just seen from a car, the towns in far East Slovakia are often surounded by gypsy shantytowns.
>>
>>77508017
I went all over. Tried every major restaurant I could find. Probably ended up in a few places I shouldn't have. Still, those areas shouldn't exist to begin with.
>>
>>77508023
Kek Spokane doesn't even have a lot of blacks. It's a very white city. They're just the dregs of Washington.
>>
>>77508028
>Also never throw your shit paper to toilet, or you're going to clog them
Shouldn't that be the ultimate standard of development? If you can't flush your shit tickets, then you're definitely third world.
>>
>>77508242
Yeah I can't even imagine just having a waste basket of shitty toilet paper in my home bathroom. That's disgusting.
>>
>>77508180
>Still, those areas shouldn't exist to begin with.
I disagree. Consensus culture frightens me far more than our ghettos, and I'm no stranger to the shittier parts of Chicago. Then again, I know how to act according to circumstances.
>>
>>77508242
Also being able to safely drink the tap water in a country no matter what city should be a requirement for a 1st world "diploma"
>>77508362
Yeah I guess you are right. but not even the "no go" zones here in Sweden can compare. Not even close.
Just impossible here.
>>
File: 1500843860362.png (3MB, 2668x1394px) Image search: [Google]
1500843860362.png
3MB, 2668x1394px
>>77493775
Poland
>>
>>77508314
That was a culture clash issue with Mexican immigrants in the small Midwestern town where I grew up. If there wasn't a garbage can in the stall, they'd just leave it on the ground.
It's seemingly minor things like that which really lead to genocide.
>>
>>77508113
>And where would they put them or buy them for? Their 1 usd a day irregular incomes? If they have no bread why don't they just eat cake duh.

Who'd empty them and move the trash to a waste site as well?
>>
>>77502359
>>77502470
It's one of the biggest (or the biggest?) drug trafficking hubs in the PNW and packed with poverty. The region itself is gorgeous (the Gorge venue is fairly close by), but the towns in the area are decrepit. It's the only place I've ever genuinely felt unsafe walking around in, and I've walked through some of the poorest rust belt slums.

>>77502777
Are you a photojournalist? That's bretty cool. What was Congo like?
>>
>>77508458
Sounds like their hearts were in the right place at least. They didn't want to clog the toilet. But still, you'd think that flushing their shit paper would be a piece of culture that they would have joyfully embraced upon coming here.
>>
Some sketchy gas station in Kentucky. Counter was behind safety glass and shit and all the "customers" were on drugs or sleeping.

(Apart from that KY is a nice state)
>>
>>77508492
Dude Yakima isn't unsafe to walk around in...
>>
>>77507956
I was visiting my brother Who was doing peacecorp un Mali before the coupé and I had to take a bus from Ghana capital Accra to Bamako.
Really made my axons work.
>>
File: giphy.gif (537KB, 440x330px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
537KB, 440x330px
>>77508407
>Just impossible here.
You say that like it's an objectively good thing.
I grew up outside of Chicago. I choose to live far away from there, in a very different place. Nonetheless, I like that I have every possible lifestyle choice, including Southside Chicagoan, available to me should I choose that.
>yuros understanding a definition of freedom that isn't tainted by Marxism
>>
>>77508765
>You say that like it's an objectively good thing.
Well being able to walk through a city, no matter where you are in it without getting shot or stabbed over 5 bucks? Yeah I see that as a good thing.
>>
>>77503807
Looks nice from the pictures. What's it like?
>>77503774
>Dangriga, Belize
What's it like?
>>77504657
Let's be real here- most of rural/small town America is on par with middle-class Russia.
>>
>>77508492
You sound like a huge pussy.
>>
>>77493775
Dakkar, Sénégal.

If one thinks that a beggar sitting at every corner of a big city is scary, then imagine Dakkar, where you can't walk without a full grape of kid beggars who don't take no for an answer...

It's like being a celebrity, but with zero security service.

From what I remember, most streets in Dakkar are dirt streets (no pavement), I wouldn't say it stinks, but it definitely smells funny (manioc, bazaars...)
A few old cars, mostly bikes.
When you see one public transit like a bus, there are also grapes of people, not just inside, but outside, almost as many people outside as inside, apparently risking their lives for a ride, but apparently not caring, knowing that buses are so slow in permanent traffic jams.

Heat, no air conditioning.
Feel king of the world because everything is so cheap.

Trailers carried by donkeys.

- poverty : https://youtu.be/ps265m_AN-U?t=21
- contrast with views of nice areas of the town https://youtu.be/oULHdwgyiag?t=54

(If you remember me, say hi)
>>
>>77499400
You must of ended up in the back country then
>>
Why are all people listing Chicago? I'm not american but aren't cities like Baltimore or Detroit worse?
>>
>>77509003
>must of
>American education
>>
Shittiest? Russia. It's also the best place I've been to.
Russians are fucking mental. Completely nuts.
Their cities are chaotic, traffic is deadly, people are suicidal cunts but I love it just as much as I hate it.
Spent 8 months in Moscow drinking my liver out.
>>
>>77509050
>Detroit
I drove through Detroit. All I saw was empty buildings and homeless people. But I wasn't afraid to stop for gas like in Chicago.
>>
File: 1452533150832.png (163KB, 464x619px) Image search: [Google]
1452533150832.png
163KB, 464x619px
>>77508999
>Trailers carried by donkeys.
u wot
>>
>>77509050
Its a meme because they post in the robert threads
>>
>>77509143
I had forgotten this, but it's actually at the beginning of the *second* video I posted.
>>
russia
>>
>>77508566
I walked about a mile from my hotel to the local Blockbuster (lol), and it was sketchy as fuck. A bunch of cars slowing down as they moved past, cop cars flashing and stopped in various parking lots, sprawling, deserted industrial space, etc. fwiw I was a teen girl at the time, so that may have made the experience different.
>>
>>77497453
Chiraq?
>>
>>77503918
Asshole
>>
>>77509250
Dudes joking.
>>
>>77509003
It was in the region between Pennsylvania and Ohio. Even the rural herointownes in OH were in better condition. It's not exactly controversial that WV has the worst infrastructure and some of the highest levels of poverty and addiction in the country.
>>
>>77509206
>girl
Are you still in WA? I want an /int/ qt.
>>
>>77509197
is that true though? i thought that even гoпник wont hurt you if you keep your head down (and are white).
>>
File: 1413939231898.jpg (10KB, 228x217px) Image search: [Google]
1413939231898.jpg
10KB, 228x217px
>>77493775
I was travelling south to Oaxaca Mexico, then we stopped in a road to refuel gas buy snacks etc.Then this horde of little kids, about 20, come to ask for 1 dollar, dirty, smelling like shit,skinny as fuck and with bloated stomachs, literally africa tier and their parents were watching over them 40-50 meters away.
That day i understood how poor isMexico.
>>
>>77509301
Nah, I've moved through 5 different states and 2 countries since then. Wouldn't mind moving back to the PNW, though. Easily the best place in the country.
>>
>>77503918
Bolivia isnt that bad fąm
>>
File: 1281378265462.png (9KB, 344x341px) Image search: [Google]
1281378265462.png
9KB, 344x341px
>>77509376
are u white?
>>
Syria.
Thank fuck we had our own base to shack up in. That place is mental.
>>
London. I don't know the areas well but from start to finish at the airport its nothing but brown people an everything is decidedly mediocre while costing a fortune
>>
>>77509420
No , i just live in the north,having a northern state plate on your truck in southern mexico is a signal of a tourist with money.
>>
>>77499967
winrar (for pic and description)
>>
>>77509384
I agree completely. I grew up in the deep south and moved to Seattle like three and a half years ago. HUGE upgrade.
>>
>>77509142
Have you visited Cleveland?
>>
File: 24532342.png (107KB, 224x189px) Image search: [Google]
24532342.png
107KB, 224x189px
>>77509432
post greentext pls
>>
The center of antofagasta at night or the 50% of calama
>>
Probably just some random peasant village in my country, but I reckon just saying Honduras would work
>>
Galway, Ireland. Was very poor. Good people though.
>>
>>77509538
Not much to greentext. Did a quick tour through, stayed 8 weeks waiting to be relieved, didn't see any action.
But dead people, parts of people, wrecked cities and patrols on roads full with IED's.
Always propaganda on the radio, other soldiers looking like they had snapped..
>>
>>77509512
Cleveland's doing very well right now, actually. There's still a lot of poverty, but the city's going through a huge revitalization, and you can get most of the offerings of a 'hip' small city for dirt cheap.
>>
>>77493775
Shittiest was probably some areas in Berlin, shitty grey buildings, streets filled with shady negros and occasionally some backpacker on drugs asking for spare change.
Poorest was a little village among the mountains in southern Serbia, no signal, water to take directly from the river, no electricity, but the people were fantastically generous and the food just godly.
>>
>>77509677
>Irish
>people
>>
>>77501539
Parents, especially Mother, instisted on bringing the teens (my sister and I) for my parent's first plane trip, chasing the sun during the Christmas snowy cold vacation.
Senegal was the cheapest of the tropical destinations, but still expensive for 4 people.

We got a taste of poverty, but mostly spent time on the private beach of the Méridien Hotel.
But as my parents were experienced travellers (for shorter distances), we didn't use the "excursion" services of the hotel to visit the country, but they tried to do it on their own. I remembered we met somewhere an african who told us that one day he would become a "businessman", with stars in his eyes.
>>
>>77493775
Empalme, Cabin 9, Barrio toba, Cristaleria, Santa lucia...

i'm from Rosario
>>
A bar in Australia.
Place smelled of pig shit and piss.
There was a drunk guy passed out naked in a corner, only chick in there was probably 150 kg/ 320lbs and I assume where the pig shit stench came from.
But they had cheap beer so...
>>
>>77498241
>dindus
but really, its getting better. Yuppies are starting to buy housing in areas where crime was rapant. My father (who grew up in Chicago) was shocked that he was able to walk safely around areas that were once no go zones.
>>
As it is, Phnom Penh, Cambodia
>>
>>77509965
Tell us about it? I don't believe I know anyone who has been to Cambodia.
>>
>>77509756
Senegal actually seems like a really cool place, especially given the Serer culture. Seems pretty stable too; probably on par with places like Guatemala but safer.
>>
>>77510131
No its not.
>>
>>77510218
There is no comparison with africans blacks and non africans.
>>
>>77510131
Cool place when you have money, yes.
Also yes, a stable country, just saying it's the poorest place I've seen, not the worst place on Earth.
Also at least it's sunny and looks lively. I couldn't say that of the poor suburbs of southern Paris I've communted through by bus, around Créteil : thousands of identical grey bars of housing projects, I had never seen that on TV or in pictures, looked surreal, science-fictional and post-apocalyptical. idk how to translate "à perte de vue", but as far as you could see, the whole land was covered with those identical, parallel huge project bars, under a dark, grey sky.

That's when I was trying to settle to become a schoolteacher in bad suburbs, my classmates were proles, I've rarely been that depressed. So it was a much different sight than being a tourist or an NGO, I felt I was part of that horrible place, and would probably spend my life there teaching french to little blacks and arabs, conquerring the country of our fathers.
>>
>>77510015
I was just passing through to visit Angkor Wat. Cramped market,smelly toilet. It's just self-explanatory. And I got a bit of india vibe.
>>
not from my experience but most of my friends that travel a lot say that India is an absolute pig pen. They couldn't stay more than 2 days
>>
>>77493775
Sudan
>>
>>77507643
>Got robbed, almost beaten up
larping faggot, playing along with other idiots picking "Chicago" ITT
>>
>>77510517
What were you doing there?
>>
if i dont count brazil probably this shity ghetto in paris
>>
>>77510560
>larping
In the past few months this term has become very badly misused. Does this bother anyone else?
>>
>>77509050
memeing faggots, one after another. seeing someone says Chicago, sure I will reply Chicago too and make up a story how I was robbed and killed, even though I never been there. there are shitty areas in most large cities
>>
Bulgaria was pretty rancid, and I haven't even seen actual villages, only a holiday resort and an airport. But that was back in the late 90s or 2000 or so, maybe it's changed since.
>>
>>77510572
A charity project I kindof had to do for school
>>
>>77510484
also in terms of people it would be Paris and then Barcelona

on the opposite end Dublin had top lads
>>
>>77510606
ok how about just lying in this case
>>
>>77510676
Thanks, yeah that's much more appropriate.
>>
>>77510672
School in Russia sends students to other countries? Dangerous third world shitholes even?
>>
>>77510953
No it was when I studied abroad in Switzerland. But theres a couple of British-style private schools who that here too.
>>
>>77510672
kek, what? link to something similar?
>>
LA

I dreamed of living in California as a rural Canadian who hated winters. Booked a trip to LA with my girlfriend at the time and my hopes and dreams were shattered when I went there and it was full of mexicans and degenerates.
>>
>>77511118
Where did you study in Switzerland? What kind of school?
>>
>>77511144
https://www.roundsquare.org/international-service-projects/
>>
>>77511192
Private boarding school. The prohibitively overpriced kind.
>>
>>77511190
Winter is best season, senpai
>>
>>77511247
Aiglon?
>>
>>77510341

>"à perte de vue"

"as far as the eye can see" more or less in English
>>
>>77511436
Yes
>>
>>77511436
And you?
>>
Dont leave me now that you've got my interest, stranger
>>
File: aiglon[1].jpg (72KB, 387x336px) Image search: [Google]
aiglon[1].jpg
72KB, 387x336px
>>77511474
>>77511687
Nah sorry I don't have much to tell you. Other than it is a well known school and I knew someone who studied there. They indeed traveled to some expeditions etc.
>>
Red Deer, Alberta, although I haven't really been anywhere aside from the PNW and Alberta. It's just endless strip malls and cardboard houses, there's literally nothing to do.
>>
>>77511745
Tell me a little bit about Alberta. What's it like? What are the differences between Edmonton and Alberta? I kind of picture a Canadian Colorado but I have no idea if that's accurate.
>>
bolivia was poor and bleak, but slums in buenos aires are just miserable and nasty, i'd say worse than bolivia.
>>
>>77511731
Nice. I know the people in your picture.
>>
>>77511874
umm, sweetie, Edmonton happens to be IN Alberta
>>
The Cape Flats in Cape Town
>>
>>77511874
i assume by differences between edmonton and alberta you meant edmonton and calgary

the south is basically a mix of colorado's scenery (and calgary is pretty similar to denver) and utah (lot of mormons in the south, and it's the most conservative part of canada) the north and centre of AB are a bit more liberal, especially edmonton, and flat. the only reason to live in the north is for government stuff or oil stuff
>>
>>77512089
>>77512405
Oops shit, yeah Edmonton vs Calgary is what I meant.
>>
>>77508867
>Well being able to walk through a city, no matter where you are in it without getting shot or stabbed because I don't know how to act right?
You say blonde beard, but I hear autistic foreigner.
>>
>>77512405
Is Calgary conservative too or do you mean southern Alberta outside the city? I'm a libtard tbqh.
>>
The bad side of Madrid or Sevilla, but it wasnt horrible
>>
>>77512053
Kek, I am sure you do. BTW, a Russian friend of mine told me that this school is very popular with the children of Russian oligarchs and various middle east riches. His dad has some important "connections" but he doesn't like to talk about this.
>>
>>77512658
Do you know the people from the pic? Do you know one or two?
Btw almost everyone in that school has insane connections.
>>
>>77512627
all of southern alberta, including calgary
>>
How are they THIS popular?
>>
>>77512758
No mate, I know the school name only because I just talked to that person about it recently. That pic was just a google search out of curiosity. It is from 2009. I believe he graduated much earlier than that.
>>
went through some village in Mexico about 10 years ago while we were on a tour to Chichen Itza.

They let us out of the van and all little Mexican kids ran up to us half-clothed begging for shit, it was surreal
>>
>>77512921
Oh alright.
Honestly though. If you ever manage to get the funds send you kid there. No regrets, greatest experience you could ever give your child. Just dont send them when they're too young.
>>
Nicaragua and New Jersey
>>
>>77512983
Yeah that's what I heard too. Except it is about $100K a year plus lots of extra fees. Only Russian oligarchs and oil sheiks can afford that :D
>>
Barcelona.
The ugliest town you can imagine. It's dense, packed and all tourist spots are construction sites.
Everything is Venice-tier expensive, africans tryint to sell you fake shit at every corner and angry youths who yell shit at you in their fucking meme language.

I don't understand why they even want independence, being born in Catalonia is a punishment of god or a bad karma thing.
>>
>>77513308
>oligarchs
Pretty far off from an oligarch son here. I wish.
If you're a sucessful businesman you could aford it.
>>
london ofc
>>
Havanna. There were 3-4 families sharing medium-sized houses and that was in the part of the city that tourists are allowed to see. I dread to think what life's like in the places that they aren't.
>>
>>77493775
turkey
>>
>>77509105
exchange student?
If so, how was your life there?
>>
>>77509746
That's nothing, in Rimini you have wastes still directly dumped into the sea, loads of beggars and old hags in discos.
>>
>>77498161
Sorry you had to learn that the hard way. 90% of nyc is dangerous garbage
>>
>>77493775
Bari, Italy
>>
>>77508515
>Greeks don't flush toilet paper
>ROFL THIRD WORLD
>Beaners don't flush toilet paper
>"Their hearts were in the right place"
I want europhobic cucks to leave.
>>
File: 0_d2484_b1b2732a_XXXL.jpg (359KB, 1280x846px) Image search: [Google]
0_d2484_b1b2732a_XXXL.jpg
359KB, 1280x846px
Russia.

Potholes everywhere. Everybody is ripped and thuggish. Literal mafia state.
>>
>>77515955
Can confirm about Russia. The craters are annoying af
>Everybody is ripped and thuggish.
You're just a beta pussy
>>
>>77493775
Japan and UsAfrica
>>
>>77511447
thx!
>>
t. devil
>>
>>77493775
Medellin
>>
>>77516702
I'm going there in a few weeks, what makes it a shithole?
>>
>>7750377 should have stayed on the cays
>>
>>77516715
I haven't been but I think the cartels. Some Colombian posters on here the other day were telling me that it was a lot better there now than it used to be though.
>>
>>77516808
Is Belize a shithole?
>>
stockholm
>>
>>77493775
Swaziland
>>
>>77517591
islands are great that's it
>>
>>77497270
Rather hard when there's no loos to poo in
>>
>>77509197
>Kaliningrad
Well that explains a lot
>>
>>77513271
Let me guess you passed by Newark or jersey city when you went to nyc so you decided tobjudge the whole state
>>
File: La.Paz.original.23578.jpg (2MB, 2048x1360px) Image search: [Google]
La.Paz.original.23578.jpg
2MB, 2048x1360px
>>77509394
Their capital city is literally a massive shanty town
Its the closest thing to Africa in the continent
>>
Sweden.
>>
>>77517783
No, my uncle has some bars and restaurants in New Jersey and I'd never been in the USA before so he decided to take me with him that time.

>trash everywhere
>my plan was to practice my English but everybody knew Spanish or something close to it
>police cars going around with their sirens on 24/7
>this LARPing whore stalked me like three nights in a row because her greatgrandfather was Costa Rican, therefore, she is 110% Costa Rican and told me how she loves tacos and enchiladas

We only went to NY for a day and I bought a NDS, but nothing special about it, except my uncle not wanting to pay for a room for the night so we left NJ like at 4 am and came back until 11 pm. I couldn't sleep in the car.

desu, it wasn't that bad but the whole experience was crappy
>>
>>77493775
So you came back alive from that hellish place without getting abducted and trafficked alive.. Whoa, the moment I set foot in that place, I'll surely get shot at and robbed of everything I have. I'm pretty certain.
>>
>>77493775
Rural Guerrero state, in Mexico. Just so you have an idea, that's where Acapulco is.
>>
>>77510560

Kill yourself, shitcongoan
>>
File: images.jpg (134KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
134KB, 800x600px
>>77508884
>What's it like?
holey
>>
>>77517007
>Medellin
>cartels

This isnt 1985
>>
The whole country of Belize, shit and I thought we had it bad.
Mercado Sonora, Mexico city. Not even locals dare to enter there, full of cheap merchandise, monkey skulls, illegal wild animals, cocaine and black magic shit
Guerrero Mexico, literal war zone god bless the pour souls of those who live there
>>
File: image.jpg (371KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
371KB, 1680x1050px
>>77517843
Looks gorgeous at night.
>>
>>77496567
haha pooper triggered
>>
>>77497453
yea chicago is sketchy af
>>
>>77502225
Out of curiosity, where abouts in Osaka is it?
>>
>>77520239
You see thug Koreans literally anywhere in Osaka but especially in Ikuno ward
Thread posts: 317
Thread images: 29

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.