[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to get better at english pronunciation? Any apps?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: 1484620237721.jpg (7KB, 150x157px) Image search: [Google]
1484620237721.jpg
7KB, 150x157px
How to get better at english pronunciation? Any apps?
>>
just bee yourself
>>
File: 1484619638665.jpg (12KB, 150x133px) Image search: [Google]
1484619638665.jpg
12KB, 150x133px
>>77430956
>>
Nope. You'll have to talk with native speakers over Skype or take lessons.
>>
practice
>>
If you wanted good pronunciation, you should've started when you were 11 or younger. It's too late now.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8l9IVjmteM
>>
>>77430927
vocaroo yourself saying "How to get better at english pronunciation? Any apps?" so we can hear how well you currently speak english
>>
>>77431335
>American accents
REEEE
>>
>>77431115
t. English teacher
>>
File: Schafberg, Österreich.jpg (94KB, 564x901px) Image search: [Google]
Schafberg, Österreich.jpg
94KB, 564x901px
>>77431168
That's dumb af and just plain wrong. I started learning English in kindergarten and my accent was absolute shite until I reached the last grades of HS. That's when it developed properly even though I was still pronouncing th as a fucking f. Right now, at 21 it's better than it's ever been.

>>77430927
To OP, no apps mate. You just got to speak. What really helped me was being autistic and finding an online friend with whom I spoke almost every day for the next 5 years. We still do though.

The problem is when you first learn the language and you learn the pronunciation wrong, or not well enough. Then it's a big feat to actually get it right later on in life and get used to it since you're brain has gotten used to it. It's a habit you have to break.

Focus on your mistakes, focus on what makes you sound like a typical spic and not an educated individual, zero in on the exact parts of your pronunciation that are shite, should be a repeating pattern. GL mate, time and determination will get you there.
>>
>>77431115
t. italki spokesperson
>>
>>77431493
>since you're brain
Will someone ship me a gun please? Thanks.
>>
File: 1439510806779.jpg (19KB, 217x320px) Image search: [Google]
1439510806779.jpg
19KB, 217x320px
>>77430927
Work as a phone salesman
Speaking from experience
>>
>>77431514
Italki is full of autistic people who don't want to speak over Skype/ actually any kind of verbal communication. I've written to over two dozens of people yet not a single person wanted to go Skype. Male nor female. I gave up on that site, seemed like a cool concept but yeah people are shy even though I'm probably socially crippled myself more than they are shy.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.