[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where would Africa be right now if not for European colonialism?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

Where would Africa be right now if not for European colonialism?
>>
File: 543354543.jpg (537KB, 1000x541px) Image search: [Google]
543354543.jpg
537KB, 1000x541px
>>77379953
africa would be like this
>>
>>77379953
Hard to say seriously. On the one hand, natives would probably still be in charge/nations would be more coherent. On the other, they would've got there by which native group managed to get proper euro tech fastest genociding the rest out of existence.

The mahgreb/arab bits were mainly under Turkish control. Blaming euros for their sorry state is a meme.
>>
>>77379953
http://www.nber.org/papers/w18162

"In this paper, we construct a new database on the European share of the population during colonization and examine its association with the level of economic development today. We find: (1) a strong and uniformly positive relationship between colonial European settlement and development, (2) a stronger relationship between colonial European settlement and economic development today than between development today and the proportion of the population of European descent today; and (3) no evidence that the positive relationship between colonial European settlement and economic development diminishes or becomes negative at very low levels of colonial European settlement, contradicting a large literature that focuses on the enduring adverse effects of small European settlements creating extractive institutions. The most plausible explanation of our findings is that any adverse effect of extractive institutions associated with minority European settlement was more than offset by other things the European settlers brought with them, such as human capital and technology."

TL;DR - colonialism benefited Africa and Africans
>>
File: black-panther-trailer.jpg (124KB, 1400x680px) Image search: [Google]
black-panther-trailer.jpg
124KB, 1400x680px
>>77379953
>>
Some countries would be shitholes, others would have been able to catch up.

I'm curious about where India would be without the Brits.
>>
>>77379953
5 time less populated
>>
>>77379953
Kangz would be in spess n shiet
>>
even more of a shithole
>>
>OOGA BOOGA, LET'S KISS THE ASS OF THIS COW

Oh wait, they still do that
>>
>>77384998
Hey, only few southerners do that

How would you like it if I call you surrenderous cowards because I am ignorant of your pre-20th century military history
>>
>>77380247
then why is Ethiopia still a shithole?
>>
>>77385045
>How would you like it if I call you surrenderous cowards because I am ignorant of your pre-20th century military history

It doesn't even annoy me anymore, m8

(also, I like you, sudanposter, I don't want to argue with you)
>>
>>77385065
Mussolini destroyed it
>>
>>77385107
Okay thank you bruv

I wonder if the Indian poster from the Netherlands is ITT, they love to shit on us on facebook, with some brilliant exceptions
>>
>>77385165
>I wonder if the Indian poster from the Netherlands is ITT, they love to shit on us on facebook

wow, they even shit on people?
>>
>>77385417
We are the global punching bug
>>
>>77379953
>Where would Africa be right now if not for European colonialism?
The stars.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.