[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was Vietnam winnable?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: Nam.png (1MB, 915x1300px) Image search: [Google]
Nam.png
1MB, 915x1300px
Most every American I talk to agrees if the public hadn't turned against the war over Tet, the commies probably would've had a year or two tops before they were facing a full collapse.

They basically withdrew at the cusp of victory, but how much longer would it have taken to unite the country under the South or at least forced the North to the bargaining table on their terms?
>>
>>77370660
Yup, if they applied current Afghanistan/iraq tactics of local support building they would have won from the beginning. instead they were seen as an occupying force supporting a shitty corrupt government.

The US war didn't learn proper counter-insurgency eg. build infrastructure and win local trust until near the end of the war when it was too late.

Retarded US policy of body counts and attrition pretty much sealed their defeat IMO. the reason why afghanistan and iraq was won was because they didn't apply the same retarded methods as often.
>>
4chan doesn't count
>>
If we'd listened to Barry Goldwater and nuked Hanoi, yes.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzpPy9hJYA8
>>
>>77370712
>Afghanistan and Iraq were won

Proofs of this claim?
>>
>>77370712
The US literally lost the Iraq war and is directly responsible for ISIS forming and coming to power because of it.

The US also lost hard in Afghanistan but is too proud to admit it and just end the failure of a war so they keep fighting. Mark my words, the Afghanistan war will never end.
>>
>>77371578
>>77370756
it would have worked better in vietnam given that towards the end militias were already forming to counter the insurgency.

remember that iraq and afghanistan have deep-rooted historical reasons to support islamists whereas vietnam was and still is more secular and have no reason at all to support a foreign ideology like communism except that it promised a better way of life.
>>
File: Vietnam fail.jpg (342KB, 800x583px) Image search: [Google]
Vietnam fail.jpg
342KB, 800x583px
your daily reminder that vietnam was a corporate instigated war and the main goal was their vast plantations of rubber for General Motors and Ford and other corporate associates to make tires out of.
>>
>>77370660
>losing to stupids in pajamas

Shamefur dispray.
>>
I just support an united Vietnam, don't care what ideology do it followed. Being divided sucks.
>>
>>77370756
Strategically they were.
Lots of dead terrorists, and governments that are unfriendly to terrorism were propped up. Whether or not they are friendly to the US doesn't matter. They still cooperate with us.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.