[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What place do the ancient Mayans occupy in Guatemala, Belize,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 7

File: tikal.jpg (193KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
tikal.jpg
193KB, 500x375px
What place do the ancient Mayans occupy in Guatemala, Belize, Honduras and El Salvador's national consciousness?
>>
>>77327786
Half of Guatemalan population speaks one of the several Mayan languages. I think they need no wewuz, since they're Mayans, both genetically and linguistically.
>>
>>77327786
They LARP as Mayans and get mad as fuck because México has more Maya land and better Maya sites.
>>
File: were jaguar.gif (54KB, 323x305px) Image search: [Google]
were jaguar.gif
54KB, 323x305px
Sorry but no living Mayas here anymore.
Only Nawat-speaking peoples, related to the Nahuatl speakers of Central Mexico.

Also, I want this as a tattoo. Do you like it?
>>
>>77328927
What happened to the Mayas living in El Salvador?
>Only Nawat-speaking peoples, related to the Nahuatl speakers of Central Mexico.
How did they get there?
>Also, I want this as a tattoo. Do you like it?
Yes, it's nice. Why do you want it?
>>
>>77328927
if you don't get it on your face you are a pussy
>>
>>77327786
It is a truly fascinating civilization.
beauty, mystery, the importance of lost things.
These always fascinate me.
>>
>>77328927
Looks cool. I think getting it would be a bit WE WUZ tier though.
>>
>>77328927
dibs on that
>>
>>77328927
Muh heritage tattoos are cringy imo
>>
>>77329460
>>77329453
It's not WE WUZ because I've been bit by an actual jaguar
>>
>>77329453

It's not WE WUZ because the central Americans were LITERALLY fucking mayans. Negroids were never Egyptions. Never.
>>
>>77329453
>>77329472
If it was a conquistador helmet or some other white worshipping bullshit you wouldn't be saying shit
>>
>>77329556
I still would
>>
>>77329556
Nope, it would be cringy still. >>77329472 has it right. Heritage tattoos in general are fucking stupid.
>>
>>77328927
>Also, I want this as a tattoo. Do you like it?
t. mara salvatrucha
>>
File: IMG_5101.jpg (58KB, 640x358px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5101.jpg
58KB, 640x358px
Only the western part of our country was occupied by the Mayans, you can find Mayan ruins all over the place.

>>77328927
I'd get that, look badass.
>>
>>77329498
> i was bitten by a semi domesticated wild cat kitten in some shit tier zoo or nature reservoir
lol ok paco
>>
File: IMG_5102.jpg (66KB, 640x425px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5102.jpg
66KB, 640x425px
>>77330193
Here is a better map
>>
>>77330193
So how does El Salvador relate to the pre-Columbian Era?
>>
>>77329556
Both are bad desu. Because your culture is a mix of the two, you are neither
>>
File: IMG_5103.jpg (132KB, 640x1024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5103.jpg
132KB, 640x1024px
>>77329308
They mostly got genocide'd by the spaniards, and the last ones of their kind were murdered by Salvadoran dictator Maximiliano Hernandez Martinez (he was responsible for the death of 25,000 indigenous people from the western part of the country)
>>
>>77329544
Yeah but mayan people today live in shanty houses and are unable to read or hold abstract thought, what good does going MUH ANCESTORS do to them? they are clearly not like their ancestors at all.
>>
>>77330381
Why did he attack indigenous people, specifically?
>>
>>77330203
No, you subhuman
A grown jaguar neglected by his narco owner
I (PROFEPA) confiscated it
>>
File: IMG_5105.jpg (1MB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5105.jpg
1MB, 1080x1080px
>>77330302
Our culture is pretty much influenced 100% by Spain. We got cucked hard. Still we like to dress like Native Americans from time to time (mainly during our independence month, in September to be specific), and also we have some dishes that were created by Native Americans, too. There is some Native American lore that is very popular too like "el cipitio" (pic related)
>>
>>77330460
He was a racist/Hitler and Mussolini fanboy (he literally celebrated their birthdays at a national level on the streets). So his government really loved to mistreat Native Americans, they got pissed off an reveled against him, and well, that did not end up very well for them.

He was a mestizo funnily enough.
>>
>>77330658

Storytime?
>>
File: El_primer_peruano_nazi_y_ario.jpg (37KB, 480x594px) Image search: [Google]
El_primer_peruano_nazi_y_ario.jpg
37KB, 480x594px
>>77330891
>He was a racist/Hitler and Mussolini fanboy (he literally celebrated their birthdays at a national level on the streets)
Kek, pls tell me there are pictures of these celebrations.
>>
>>77331031
>study for vet
>get a shit paying gov job as federal inspector
>mostly go for illegal lumbering and constructions in the forests
>every now and then someone makes a denounce about greenhouses and exotic pets
>it's always parrots
>go check if they have a permit
>they never do
>confiscate stuff
Now about the jaguar
>somebody makes a denounce about a jaguar
>federal police wants the guy because he's a narco
>we get Kevlar vests and a bunch of police armed to guard us
>nothing happens
>we find the jaguar
>malnourished
>living in a tiny concrete room
>guy doesn't have permits
>he shreds my boot while we're getting him in a kennel
>fucker has a strong mandible
>get a sprained ankle and bleed a little
>get him to a center for conservation and investigation
>that's where my job ends
>>
>>77333547
Now give me yous
>>
>>77328451
aztecs
>>
>>77333547
A couple of blocks away from me there is a tiger living in the garden of a really big house, literally in the Roma neighbourhood in Mexico City.

Is that possible or is it illegal?
>>
>>77329556
>white worshipping
What the fuck is wrong with you? Quit speaking spanish then and get everyone in your country to stop being christians you fucking cuck
>>
>>77333608
No, Maya, of course they have Aztec stuff, but they also have Olmec, Zoptepec, Maya and other Mesoamerican cultures settlements and what not.
>>
>>77333716
am a mopan Mayan does that triggerer you??
>>
>>77333836
Why would it?
>>
>>77333628
You can own literally any animal as long as you have a permit, it's very hard to get one from animals in the NOM-59 and tigers aren't in it, only Mexican animals
But they're in the CITES and Mexico signed it
So as long as they buy it legally in any other country, they can have it
You could make a denounce, if he has papers he'll lose an afternoon at worst
If he doesn't it's a fine around the 100k
>>
>>77333836
What do you think of the Mayas outside Belize? Have you ever visited Maya sites in Mexico? What do you think of other indigenous peoples and what do you think of Mestizos?
>>
>>77333868

That's pretty cool
>>
>>77334983
IDK about your country, but I'd advise against buying exotic animals, even if done legally
You likely lack the knowledge and installations for their appropriate care
That's the reason they don't hand out permits, those are supposed to be only for conservation purposes, but when they're given for pets it's because it's a grown animal that can't be reintroduced to the wilderness
>>
>>77335198

The closest I ever came to a big cat was a cougar I shot on my uncles ranch t.bh I'd never actually own one
>>
>>77335227
kys
>>
>>77335227
>tfw no big comfy ranch in western USA
>>
>>77335388

>Let it eat and destroy millions in livestock

No you kill yourself. The bastards are making a comeback here. The government doesn't like reporting it though because they don't want farmers going out and shooting them
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.