[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

North Carolina

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 8

What happens here?
>>
File: UNCwell.jpg (110KB, 800x448px) Image search: [Google]
UNCwell.jpg
110KB, 800x448px
>>77240456
I studied at UNC-Chapel Hill.

Top-tier education and campus. Shitty town. Also Raleigh is shit.
>>
Why is it growing so fast?
>>
>>77240668
that's what she said lmao
>>
>>77240668
Cheap cost of living and property, just like every area that grows.
>>
File: Battle_of_Fort_Fisher.jpg (66KB, 640x445px) Image search: [Google]
Battle_of_Fort_Fisher.jpg
66KB, 640x445px
I wish we had more cool Civil War battlefields. Virginia has us pretty thoroughly beat there.
>>
File: RobertELeeVignette.jpg (2MB, 1750x2159px) Image search: [Google]
RobertELeeVignette.jpg
2MB, 1750x2159px
>>77241492
Also wish we had more great Civil War figures. Virginia beats us again...
>>
>>77240456
THIEVES who STEAL COMPANIES from OHIO
>>
File: NorthCarolinaquarterforNC.jpg (160KB, 672x672px) Image search: [Google]
NorthCarolinaquarterforNC.jpg
160KB, 672x672px
>>77241638
Is this about the Wright brothers? Are you guys still mad they left your shitty state and came to ours?
>>
File: ayylma0.jpg (87KB, 639x641px) Image search: [Google]
ayylma0.jpg
87KB, 639x641px
>>77241446
So, why isn't Ohio growing then?

Toledo, Dayton, Youngstown are cheap af but still shrinking while NC's population increasing very quickly?
>>
>>77241817
"the wright brothers" isn't a company you dummy
i was referring to cases like chiquita moving from cincinnati to charlotte because charlotte offered them a deal
>"The company was lured to Charlotte from Cincinnati in 2011 with the promise of $22 million worth of state and local incentives."
of course chiquita left NC 3 years later. roflmao
>>
File: North Carolian Pepe.png (37KB, 785x757px) Image search: [Google]
North Carolian Pepe.png
37KB, 785x757px
>>77241638
YOU CALLIN ME A THIEF?
>>
>>77242015
North Carolina's economy is booming while Ohio's isn't. North Carolina has a good tech and banking scene in the research triangle and Charlotte respectively. Ohio doesn't. They do have cheap cost of living but that isn't why they are growing so fast because they always had cheap cost of living since they were settled 400 years ago.
>>
>>77240456
Rednecks, rednecks everywhere!
>>
The best state in the union! The Triangle and Charlotte hold endless potential for future success! Jesse Helms was the greatest senator of modern times! Charming southern culture in the rural areas! Bustling cosmopolitanism in the cities! Home to world class universities like UNC, Duke, Wake Forest, and Davidson! Some of the nicest locals you could meet (unless they're black)! Please don't stay here if you vote Democrat!
>>
>>77245192
Are you one of the rednecks the Puerto Rican dude was talking about?
>>
>>77240456
Thinking about going to Duke or UNC. Is there anyone who can tell more about either place?
>>
>>77245395
What do you want to know?
>>
>>77245588
Housing cost, cost of anything else (mostly grocery), if either is good place to do biomedical research
>>
>>77244160
>North Carolina's economy is booming while Ohio's isn't.
what are you basing this on. ohio has a higher gdp and it's growing faster than north carolina's.
>>
>>77245192
>Please don't stay here if you vote Democrat!
i can respect this
>>
>>77245686
I can't really speak to cost. Durham and CH are both probably going to be more expensive than other places in the state but it's not going to be insanely high. Both places would be fine for the research you're interested in.
>>
Two growing cities full of northern transplants (Charlotte and Raleigh) with massive rural population in between that keeps the state conservative. NC has the second largest rural population in the USA behind Texas yet is only half the size.

We like whole hog BBQ with vinegar, college basketball, nascar, and have the best natural beauty east of the Rockies. Blue Ridge mountains + OBX makes it unbeatable in my opinion.

>>77240668
Nice weather, low taxes, and business friendly politicians.

>>77245686
they're right next to eachother. I have friends who attend both and live together. Chapel Hill is a typical nice southern town although it's full of liberal transplants now and durham is a big ghetto.
>>
>>77246493
Pretty much this. Plus rednecks and hillbillies in the mountains, but they're not too bad honestly. Also we manage to have top tier universities but treat our public school teachers like dogshit.
>>
>>77244673
Yeah, but you're mostly on meth and heroin, so we're not worried.
>>
>>77245714
> and its growing faster than north carolina's.
Whole lot of growth potential once you've hit rock bottom. Interesting strategery you have there.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.