[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Muh Heritage

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: 1498221875110.jpg (46KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
1498221875110.jpg
46KB, 720x960px
So I found this kind of interesting, both of my parents are fully Portuguese, they came to Canada in the 1970's so by blood i'm Portuguese but I was obviously born here. I also have a few friends that are same scenario, parents came from Portugal, etc.

It's weird because at home my parents will speak Portuguese sometimes but mostly English, we all eat Portuguese food, listen to the music, culture, we all even look Portuguese as well. But we are obviously more into Canadian/American Culture.

Well last year our whole family of my moms side went to Portugal for a another relatives wedding. But my cousins and I noticed when we there that we didn't fit in. All the other Portuguese people didn't even look at like we were Portuguese at all, kind of mocked us and would always say "you're not Portuguese! you're Canadian!" and other stuff that, because of the way we dressed, speaking mostly English in front of them, did stuff they would never do etc. I just thought it was kinda fucky

What i'm trying to ask is; does heritage even matter if there are just a lot of cultural differences in the way? even though ethnically we are the same as them, they pretty much rejected us and called us backwards

thank you for reading my blogpost
>>
>>77221545
>t. Shawn Mendes
>>
>>77221545
>it takes this long for cancuck realize it's about culture and not race
>>
you can inherit some traits in fact, like autism maybe or temperament but not culture, this thing is not stored in your DNA
>>
>>77221545
Canadian with portuguese origin.... Shawn Mendes

m8, Canada is a western country, Portugal is a western country, huge cultural differences i doubt you will see, but probably some, yea.
>>
>>77221545
CHI
>>
>>77222231
CA
>>
>>77222318
NO
>>
>>77221545
>does heritage even matter if there are just a lot of cultural differences in the way?
It doesn't
>>
File: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAJ.jpg (8KB, 245x240px) Image search: [Google]
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAJ.jpg
8KB, 245x240px
>>77222333
Aajskajskjajskajda
>>
>>77221545
you can forge a bond between a country and yourself by learning its language, eating its food, listening to its music, learning its history and culture since you're young, but you'll never forge a real bond between that country's people and yourself if you lived your whole life in Canada. They know the proper mannerism, the customs, etc
so yeah in a way you're portuguese (your origins are portuguese) but by experience and years lived you're canadian
>>
File: 1499941522577.jpg (14KB, 250x187px) Image search: [Google]
1499941522577.jpg
14KB, 250x187px
>>77221545
Disgusting moorish chicano
America is my prison I am Iberian Castillian in all but fucking passport and ability to interact socially with my people by economical means.

Fuck AMERICA
I AM IBERIAN WAS BORN ONE AND DIE ONE

And fuck post national cucknadians..

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Rr8ljRgcJNM
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.