[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

1/2

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: 1489632063636.jpg (35KB, 500x422px) Image search: [Google]
1489632063636.jpg
35KB, 500x422px
1. Your language
2. Do you have countless collective nouns for various groups of animals like the following?

>an intrusion of cockroaches
>a cloud of bats
>a grist of bees
>a shrewdness of apes
>a conspiracy of lemurs
>a pandemonium of parrots
>a knot of toads
>an audience of squid
>a murder of crows
>a charm of finches
>a zeal of zebras
>a smack of jellyfish
>a parliament of owls
>a troop of monkeys
>an exaltation of larks
>an unkindness of ravens
>a shiver of sharks
>a flutter of butterflies
>an army of catterpillars
>a seething of eels
>a flamboyance of flamingos
>a business of flies
>a deceit of lapwings
>a tribe of goats
>a crash of rhinoceroses
>a descent of woodpeckers
>a gang of turkeys
>a quiver of cobras
>a mob of kangaroos
>an implausibility of gnus
>a bloat of hippopotami
>a flock of lice
>a troupe of shrimps
>a mob of meerkats
>a fever of stingrays
>a rhumba of rattlesnakes
>a clew of worms
>a murmuration of starlings
>>
File: 1499727182533.jpg (38KB, 412x405px) Image search: [Google]
1499727182533.jpg
38KB, 412x405px
>a squabble of seagulls
>a volt of vultures
>a train of camels
>a clowder of cats
>a peep of chickens
>a cackle of hyenas
>a mess of iguanas
>>
>>77199725
Your language is english and your country is the US witch pretty much destroyed what the english was before. Also average american does not handle basic grammar of his native language.
>>
thank you, amerifat

It was pretty much useful <3
>>
>>77199836
>English***
>which***
>Also [the]***
>American***
>hande [the]***

Were you trying to be ironic in your post, or did it just sort of happen?

>>77199886
T-t-thanks friend
>>
>>77200056
I only use english in here, i got better things to do than to learn foreign language beyond the point of the basic understanding. I am master of my language though and i better in english than a good part of american niggers and rednecks. Do you think your countrymen know the collective nouns in general? It is your post that is ironic. An american braging about the english language.
>>
>>77200202
This isn't about me or my countrymen or the lamentable state of public education in this country. Let's get this back on track, since something about my innocuous thread seems to have triggered something deep inside of you.

So, does Slovak have similar collective nouns?
>>
>>77200398
Bro, I am not triggered. But it is fancy that an american would be showing off with the language of foreign descent.

My language does have a lot of them but not a comparable amount to the english. I found out the english has really a lot of them when i was like 16YO. I was pretty amazed. But still i consider the english used in the US a very easy language. The british english as it was used for example one year ago by the aristocrats was something completely different and i surmise it was them who made it up/used it and were the real masters of the language. It seems to be that the US just somehow inherited the common language of the working class and not the 'real' language. I might be terribly wrong though.
>>
File: czech.jpg (36KB, 444x736px) Image search: [Google]
czech.jpg
36KB, 444x736px
>>77200398
>So, does Slovak have similar collective nouns?

As a billingual French-Russian native speak, I can confirm that there are not

Slovak/Czech languages are primitive af

on pic related you can see the comparison of Russian and Czech language

Keep in mind that Slovak language is more simplified version of Czech
>>
>>77200938
Whoops
>one year ago
One hundred years*
>>
>>77201031
What you said is not true.
Slovak is a different language, czechs do have different words(as well as we do) for the pic related. Try again, m8
>>
>>77199725
>Language contest
prepare to choke on french dicks
>>
>>77200938
>>77201055
Wasn't showing off, was sincerely curious if this was something unique to English.

Also, all languages are inherently of foreign decent.
>>
>>77199836
>Also average american does not handle basic grammar of his native language.
Come on, their Afro-Spanish isn't that bad.
>>
>>77201055
>Slovak is a different language
no, Czech/Slovak are mutually intelligible for 99% unless you are retarded
>>
>>77201203
Ok then sorry for the flame.
>>
>>77201310
They have a common base?
Yes.
They are different languages?
No.

I do not know where you got your information, but check twice next time. What could say all slavic language are just one are not different, but you would be the retard, wouldn't you?
>>
>>77200398
>lamentable

noice
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.