[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Question to Tunisians

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 9

File: maxresdefault.jpg (36KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
36KB, 1280x720px
1. How does Tusinians think about the Vandal kingdom?

2. Is Hannibal the national hero of Tunisia?
>>
>>77163240
>1. How does Tusinians think about the Vandal kingdom?
Tunisians*
>>
>>77163301
t. Tusinia
>>
>>77163301
>Tusinian
>>
>>77163301
t. tusken
>>
File: youssef-chahed-OGM-2000.jpg (550KB, 2000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
youssef-chahed-OGM-2000.jpg
550KB, 2000x1000px
>>77163240
>1. How does Tusinians think about the Vandal kingdom?
The vandals were pretty alright. They culturally enriched us which isn't a bad thing as everyone here agrees.

>2. Is Hannibal the national hero of Tunisia?
No. Youssef Chahed is.
>>
>>77163803
>They culturally enriched us

What did they leave behind exactly?
>>
>>77163827
>What did they leave behind exactly?
Nothing
>>
>>77163301
t. utini

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKbpSx_X5wg
>>
>>77163853
>Confusing Jawas with Tuskens.
>>
>>77163240
>What did they leave behind exactly?
We owe the vandals our whiteness
>>
>>77163907
t. utini sounds like tunisia
>>
File: 0610-013.jpg (114KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
0610-013.jpg
114KB, 480x640px
>>77163240
>How does Tunisians think about the Vandal kingdom?

Barbarians that invaded our land and got BTFO'd by Justinian (most people aren't aware or don"t care for late roman history anyway).

>2. Is Hannibal the national hero of Tunisia?

One of them, yes
>>
>>77164023
>BTFO'd by Justinian
*BTFO'd by Belisarius
ftfy
>>
File: Wafa-Makhlouf.jpg (73KB, 626x380px) Image search: [Google]
Wafa-Makhlouf.jpg
73KB, 626x380px
>>77164184
>BTFO'd by Belisarius
Who was following Justinian's commands, your fix isn't so necessary dude
>>
>>77164023
>we wuz hannibal
How are modern tunisians related to Carthage exactly?
>>
>>77166032
nobody is related to Carthage, Romans Holocausted those niggers
>>
>>77166084
Carthagian culture existed centuries after the fall of Carthage the City and it's empire, they didn't "holocaust" anything in Algeria.

Even during late 3rd century Carthage culture/identity/langage was the most common in Algeria, outside of urban areas mostly.

>>77166032
Tunsian and Algerian (and some iberian) have carthaginized ancestors, even if we're all native, most of Maghreb got culturally assimilated.
>>
>>77166032
Punic, Berber and Arabic are all Afro-Asiatic languages. Could it not be that the original Punic/Phoenician people's admixture still exists among Mediterranean people?
>>
File: 1403909325100.gif (2MB, 1067x720px) Image search: [Google]
1403909325100.gif
2MB, 1067x720px
>>77163240
To Muslims, anything that isn't related to Islam is deplorable. Just as Muhammad smashed the idols in Mecca, Muslims have for centuries attempted to destroy anything not related to Islam (or refashion it for Islamic purposes like the Hagia Sophia, with the many beautiful art treasures inside destroyed). This goes as far as ISIS videos explaining, when defacing "idols", that these were burried underground in the time of Muhammad. In fact, with the exception of a few "enlightened" rulers, anything Muslims didn't destroy was either unknown and later excavated by Westerners or simply too big and too far out of the way to be destroyed (like the Great Pyramids).

Just like how modern Egyptians don't identify with Ancient Egypt, modern Tunisians don't identify with Carthaginians. It's not the same as for example modern Italians who are proud of their Roman heritage and have made it a significant part of their culture over the centuries.

As usual Islam ruins everything.
>>
>>77166921
>Just like how modern Egyptians don't identify with Ancient Egypt
This. Were it not for Napoleon's campaign in Egypt (where he was stuck there because Anglos bombing the French Fleet), Egyptians would have struggled to rediscover their ancient history, due to the Ottoman's revisionism.
>>
>>77163240
my ancestors
>>
The Vandals are considered to be the real reason of the dissapearence of Christianity in North Africa.
By that I mean, the reason why Christianity disappeared completely and there are no Christian minorities like Copts or Maronites in North Africa.

Saint Augustine was from Tunisia, so were many of the greatest Churchmen. But Vandals were very destructive, and persecuted Catholics and the Roman nobility, unlike Visigoths, Ostrogoths and Franks.

"Generally most Vandal kings, except Hilderic, persecuted Trinitarian Christians to a greater or lesser extent, banning conversion for Vandals, exiling bishops and generally making life difficult for Trinitarians"
>>77163240

Other barbarian kindgoms also had Arian Christian Germanic rulers, but the simply became a differente caste with a different religion from the people they ruled over, they didnt persecute the religion of the people they ruled over.
>>
>>77167491
>Saint Augustine was from Tunisia

He was from the falklands islands.
>>
File: Coat_of_arms_of_Tunisia.svg.png (383KB, 1200x1893px) Image search: [Google]
Coat_of_arms_of_Tunisia.svg.png
383KB, 1200x1893px
>>77166032
Lots of traditions / folklore come from carthaginian culture, some peasants were still praying to "omm tannou" (a version of the goddess of fertility Tanit) at the start of the 20th century, we bake our bread the same way they did back then, we built houses the same way for a long time and the way we picked olives was the same as well.

It's also a bad ass history, Hafsids who were reactionary wanted a return to the glory of Carthage, that's why they moved the capital to Tunis (which was a town next to Carthage). Even the beys made subtle connections to Carthage until the country was turned into a republic and the presidential palace was moved back to Carthage (which is now a district of Tunis).

Modern Tunisians are still told the mythic foundation of Carthage by Elissa (or Dido).

Pic related the ship on our coat of arms is a phoenician ship.
>>
>>77167491
>Saint Augustine was from Tunisia
He was south georgian and sandwicheer sweaty
>>
>>77166921
>Just like how modern Egyptians don't identify with Ancient Egypt, modern Tunisians don't identify with Carthaginians
That's just false dude, egyptians chose to cuck themselves, we didn't, being muslim doesn't make our people the same.

Compare how modern greeks completely cucked themselves to orthodoxy while the brits are so proud of the little and condescending roman influence they had, different people react differently.
>>
>>77163301
poonisians*
>>77163240
also the whole modern tunisia was vandal that map is missing the southern part
also hannibal don't represent me i'm from west tunisia and i was never carthagian
>>
>>77163240
I AM VANDAL
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0HWR4GHk0ho
>>
>>77163240
Tunisians are Arabs, the descendants of the Vandals and Cartaginians today are Berbers which live in enclaves around North Africa.
>>
>>77163240
Vandal were Germanics not fucking Berbers
>>
>>77166268
WE
>>
>>77169656
my ancestors :^)
>>
>>77171174
Berbers are native of the region
Carthaginians are levantine people (similar to jews)
Vandals are germanics
They were all assimilated into a mongrel Maghrebi race, along with spaniards, greeks, jews arabs and turks.
>>
>>77172096
Makes me feel better about my mongrel self.
>>
>>77172096
WEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

WUZCONQUISTADORSGREEKSKIKESMUHAMMADKEBABS
>>
>>77171217
Just historical fact.
I don't even get why anyone would we wuz this, arab empires, scientifics, warriors, artists etc. were far more numerous and greater than Carthagian ones.
>>
>>77167699
this just sounds like a lot of we wuzzing made up bullshit
>>
File: bernardini 2.jpg (82KB, 1011x389px) Image search: [Google]
bernardini 2.jpg
82KB, 1011x389px
>>77166268
Don't forget we Sardinians
>>
>>77167883
>Compare how modern greeks completely cucked themselves to orthodoxy
You mean the Greek church? Of Constantinople? The Capital of the East Roman Empire? Which remained thoroughly Hellenistic despite identifying itself as Roman?

Yeah, that's exactly the same thing as the Tunisians did by speaking Arabic and utterly abandoning any vague connection they had to either the Vandals or Rome or Carthage. Islam and Arabic Imperialism are two sides of the same coin.
>>
>>77172756
It is based on archeological evidence, a carthaginian village in Kerkouane was left untouched by the romans, that's how we could determine that :
>we bake our bread the same way
>we built houses the same way for a long time

The rest is based on testimony and can be subject to debate.

>>77171217
>>77172584
>>77172756
I would be we wuzzing if I told you phoenicians were basically arabs, that romans were evul european colonisers, and that the muslim arabs came to liberate phoenician arabs from them and the berber traitors.
>>
>>77167699
Do your education system teach eneide?
>>
>>77174398
>teaching roman propaganda
no lol
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.