[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do Australians really eat kangaroo meat? Why? Is it expensive?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 9

File: image.adapt.1200.HIGH.jpg (713KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
image.adapt.1200.HIGH.jpg
713KB, 1200x675px
Do Australians really eat kangaroo meat?

Why?
Is it expensive?
How is the flavour/texture?
Are they farmed in a pen or caught wild?
Does it not feel bad eating a kangaroo being Australian? In Sweden we sometimes eat moose but only if we hunt it ourself or someone in the family.
>>
>>77145240
>Does it not feel bad eating a kangaroo being Australian?
its amazing how swedish people and melbourne people can have the exact same illogical ideas
>>
I believe they have a regulated hunting season to keep the kangaroo population at sustainable levels.
>>
I thought it was illegal to kill them
>>
>>77145345
Why is that illogical? In India people really fucking love cows and they don't eat them, don't australians really love kangaroos?
>>
I think we too got some wild kangaroos, or rather wallabies I think? They ran free from a zoo and started breeding in the forests
That's pretty cool tbqh
>>
>>77145406
They don't eat cows for religious reasons.
>>
File: xzSP3rI.jpg (40KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
xzSP3rI.jpg
40KB, 480x480px
>>77145406
Their women sure do
>>
>>77145406
kangaroos are like deer, theres millions of them (more than humans in australia), dumb, and do nothing special other than looking good in a photo or flag
>>
They have no natural predators since all of the large carnivores in Australia were killed off by Abos tens of thousands of years ago.
>>
>>77145496
so what can you just walk into the forest and shoot whichever kangaroo you like?

>>77145531
damn, those people must be super smart to be able to do that
>>
>>77145496
Exception, the small tree kangaroos which are borderline endangered.
>>
>>77145541

nah, they just torched everything and picked up the less charred remains. then when there was nothing to torch they forgot how to make fire supposedly
>>
The marsupial lion would have preyed upon kangaroos, especially the giant Procoptodon; the latter was possibly hunted to extinction by Abos and deprived marsupial lions of a principle food source.
>>
>>77145695
>Procoptodon
Fucking terrifying
>>
I can't see anything wrong about eating kangaroos.. In fact, they're not as filthy as cows, pigs etc.
>>
>>77145748
t. Mohammad
>>
File: 1498429557943.gif (575KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1498429557943.gif
575KB, 200x200px
>>77145406
>don't australians really love kangaroos?
Theyre pest

>>>/wsg/1778150
>>
>>77145776
I eat pork but that doesn't change the fact that they're filthy. Somehow it still tastes nice.. Wonder what kangaroos taste like
>>
>>77145496
arent they aggressive as fuck and can easily down people?
>>
>>77145345
I've never heard anyone who wasn't foreign say that. The only complaint I've heard was that people don't like the taste.
>>
I want a pet wallaby
>>
>>77145985
this
>>
>>77145240
>>77145345
>>77145931
My gf is Aussie and won't eat them. And she's not from Melbourne lmao.
>>
File: Kangaroo-cape-LeGrand.jpg (40KB, 800x521px) Image search: [Google]
Kangaroo-cape-LeGrand.jpg
40KB, 800x521px
>>77146062
Why eat her fuck toy
>>
>>77145240
>Why?
Why eat anything? Why eat beef, chicken, ect?
Kangaroos are older and have been eaten for far longer than cattle and chickens have existed.

>Are they farmed in a pen
no native animal is domesticated, you can't keep any as pets or pen animals, to do so is cruel as fuck and won't work out properly most of the time

>Do Australians really eat kangaroo meat?
Most have tried it at least once, I have had it maybe like 40 times.

>Is it expensive?
Not really

>How is the flavour/texture?
like venison (apparently, ive never eaten venison so idk) it has very little fat, it's just red meat, tastes good

No plenty are regularly culled, their population exceeds the human population. Culling is required for ecological reasons, the meat goes to various things like for human consumption and as ingredient in pet food. Some hunt and eat their kills but this isn't necessary for most because it's widely available. Also not everyone has the ability or time to hunt.
>>
>>77145931
every time the cull comes up in debate melbournes are saying "its barbaric that we kill our national animal" and other dumb shit
>>
>>77145240
Yes
It's tasty and lean
Very soft to chew, not like beef
Depends
No, they're considered pests in many parts of australia
>>
>>77145848
Red kangaroo males can reach 2 metres tall standing upright
One kick can shatter your rib cage and their claws could easily tear open skin
They could quite easily kill a man
>>
>>77146533
Do they make jerkey out of them?

>>77146897
most animals could
>>
>>77146533
>>77146773
Nearly all kangaroo meat comes as a byproduct from hunting for population control buy licensed hunters
Despite being a pest they're proctected by law, not just anyone is allowed to shoot themm
>>
>>77145345
Get plenty of it where I live and I'm nowhere near Melbourne
Stop being such a fucking retard
>>
>>77146962
So it's not like wild boars in the America? Where we can literally use napalm to kill them if we want.
>>
A butcher sells kangaroo, camel, etc rare meats near me.

Should I try kangaroo meat?
>>
>>77147047
It's not very good
>>
>>77146997
No
>>
>>77147047
Yes, it's quite good , high in protein and low in fat
>>
>>77147077
>>77147137
:thinking:
>>
>>77147211
it's probably not worth the price that it would be in leafland, it's lean meat so it's not very tender but it doesn't taste bad if you can get past the texture.
>>
>>77147281
Yes but he has rare meats like camel. Sounds pretty cool kind of want to try them all you don't get to experience that typically desu
>>
i feed my cat kangaroo, not sure he knows what it is or if he approves, but he likes it more than the stuff that comes in tins/pouches
>>
>>77145349
they are a pest now, since australians like to have green lawns, the fuckers population has exploded.
>>
>>77147394
Dunno about that, you almost never see them in suburbia
>>
File: images (64).jpg (25KB, 331x444px) Image search: [Google]
images (64).jpg
25KB, 331x444px
But Kangaroos are so qt!
>>
>>77145240
Found some shop which sells kangaroo meat. My friend already bought from there and said it was great. Any protips what to do with it?
>>
>>77147626
It's shit, feed it to your dog
>>
>>77147547
last i read they stick mainly to parks/golf courses, any big empty green lawns and since they avoid people they go eat at late of the day/very early morning.

But then again the article was quite old and maybe your country already dealt with it.
>>
>>77147886
Golf courses in more rural areas, sure. I've seen that a lot. I don't think that's had anything to do with population though since they're all over the entire country and Australians mostly live on the East and South West coast
>>
File: Kangaroo-Meat-1.jpg (231KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
Kangaroo-Meat-1.jpg
231KB, 600x600px
>>77145240
>Do Australians really eat kangaroo meat?
Yes, some do

>Why?
Because it's tasty and there's more of them than us.

>Is it expensive?
Not really

>How is the flavour/texture?
Very lean with a strong meaty flavour. Opening a new packet of kangaroo sausages or mince gives of a strong smell

>Are they farmed in a pen or caught wild?
Caught wild, I think

Not at all
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.