[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

are DVD rental stores still alive in your countries? japan yes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: TSUTAYA_Ibaraki.jpg (2MB, 4000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
TSUTAYA_Ibaraki.jpg
2MB, 4000x3000px
are DVD rental stores still alive in your countries?
japan yes
>>
File: images (4).jpg (10KB, 283x178px) Image search: [Google]
images (4).jpg
10KB, 283x178px
By the power of loose candy, they still stand.
>>
I think they died out.

The last one I had seen closed around 2014 or 2015 (sticked around quite a bit), but the owned sold it and they built a grocery store in its place.
They just can't compete with Netflix and internet piracy.
>>
>>77047105
the owner*
>>
>>77046982

Yes, at least the smaller ones going for the nostalgic kick. The big chains are all dead.

I hate streaming, Netflix 1080p is like a moderately well done DVD upscale and their 4K has a bitrate lower than a 1080p bluray. No idea how people settle for such low standards.

Not to mention, fuck endlessly paying for something I never own while having the availability of movies and shows entirely out of my hands and at the whim of a licensing department.

I still buy my movies and TV series physical. I have a fucking huge collection now and still going. In fact I have 4 blurays arriving today.
>>
Japan is terribly backwards in a lot ways. How they got a reputation as a technology powerhouse is a mystery.

>offices still use lots of pencil and paper
>most music is still distributed on physical formats and the CD remains king like time froze in 1995
>home computers are still relatively uncommon, most people browse the net on their phones
>>
>>77047255
>home computers are still relatively uncommon, most people browse the net on their phones

For this one, phone is more hight tech than home computer. internet everywhere with phones
>>
>>77046982
They're dead even with terrible internet speeds and average streaming services
>>
>>77047218
what are those blu rays anon?
>>
>>77047508

Filling in some holes of the collection from last years releases that I enjoyed but didn't buy yet. I have Train to Busan, Manchester by the Sea, Arrival and Kubo and the Two Strings coming.

Was hoping I would be able to add even more this week with the Prime Day sales but as of right now the bluray discounts are either really shitty movies or really expensive bundles that are $150+
>>
Yeah, I see the odd video store around here occasionally. Probably for old people and dumbasses.
>>
>>77047550
good on you senpai. I'm illegally downloading like a madman tho'. I can't go back.
>>
>>77047629

Yeah I get you. I tend to pirate a lot of new movies I see if I didn't go to theater and buy the ones I enjoy. If I just blindly bought every movie I was interested in seeing I'd have a lot of bad ones and wasted money.
>>
>>77047612
It's because Turnbull fucked NBN up, don't lie
>>
I think they closed here way earlier than in the developed countries. The last rental I remember seeing closed like 12 years ago.
>>
>>77047664
That's because Russkiys are broke.
>>
>>77047612
When the last baby boomer dies, the last video store will close.
>>
>>77046982
Not really but I think we still have the Redbox vending machines.
>>
>>77047218
>I still buy my movies and TV series physical. I have a fucking huge collection now and still going. In fact I have 4 blurays arriving today.
Same and they work when your I'm areas with shit or no internet connection.
>>
>>77046982
No, haven't seen one in years.
>>
My local one is still there but I do live in a shit hole.
>>
>>77050109
They're rarer but they still exist.
>>
No because people buy bootleg shit
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.