[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thoughts on India's aircraft carriers?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 6

File: Vikramaditya&Vikrant.jpg (348KB, 1280x1197px) Image search: [Google]
Vikramaditya&Vikrant.jpg
348KB, 1280x1197px
They currently have the INS Vikramaditya with the first of the indigenous Vikrant-class to be completed in 5 years.

Setting aside allies and nukes, should these be more than a match for China's Liaoning and Shandong? Also keep in mind India has a third carrier (INS Viraat) that it could bring out of mothballs if necessary.

Obviously China has money on their side but India has a much longer and stronger naval tradition, especially regarding logistics, air wings and carrier operations.
>>
>>77009972
Does it have a designated shitting launch deck.
>>
i don't think /int/ armchair admirals know anything but memes tb.h
>>
>old russian carrier with MiG-29s vs. old russian carrier with Sukhoi knockoffs
I'd say China has the upper hand, simply because the MiG-29K is worse than the naval Sukhois.
>>
File: HMS QE-sea-trials.jpg (390KB, 1638x2048px) Image search: [Google]
HMS QE-sea-trials.jpg
390KB, 1638x2048px
>>77009972
The most important thing is it has a ramp, and as we all know ramps are the future.
>>
>>77010330
And China has a bit more money than India.
>>
>>77009972
It better have a big poop deck
>>
IDK, China fought them in 1962 and won pretty handily.
>>
>>77010822
China also had a massive numerical advantage in that war. India won some later border clashes.
>>
>>77010822
That was barely even a war and it was almost 60 years ago.
>>
>>77010822
A quick jab resulting in concussion isn't much of war.
Not to say the Chinese were wrong. Our retarded government thought too little of them and dearly paid the price for that.
>>
>A
>>
>>77012900
>BEAUTIFUL
>>
>>77014433
>RAMP
>>
How many jets they already lost in sea.
>>
File: 1495497779510.jpg (147KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
1495497779510.jpg
147KB, 960x960px
Why do they need carriers? You use aircraft carriers to project your power somewhere far away. It's literally a floating base. On top of that, carriers require accompanying vessels to protect it.
>>
>>77009972
Enough to beat the shit out of Pakistan. Isnt that all that matters?
>>
Besides, it's not like China can easily invade them because the Himalayas make that maneuver a little tricky.
>>
>>77016939

Not really when China is also your enemy.
>>
File: GlobalPower.gif (263KB, 360x185px) Image search: [Google]
GlobalPower.gif
263KB, 360x185px
>>77009972
Soon
>>
>>77010190
Yes, its called the poopdeck
>>
>>77017883
criminally underrated
>>
>>77009972
But will they take the poo to the head?
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.