[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is Papua New Guinea way too shitty?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

File: Flag_of_Papua_New_Guinea.svg.png (43KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
Flag_of_Papua_New_Guinea.svg.png
43KB, 1200x900px
Why is Papua New Guinea way too shitty?
>>
>>76983189
Austronesian DNA
Short heda
Culture of rape and cannibalism
>>
>>76983247
>Culture of rape and cannibalism
kek
>>
densely populated, unlike somewhere like australia where there was only 1 million or so abos at their peak so it couldn't be easily flooded with asians or europeans
the landscape also makes travel very difficult, so the population was cut off from asia and didn't really develop properly. Even today there's quite a lot of papuans who are yet to come across modern civilisation. This also made it far to expensive for the dutch and germany and later australia and indonesia to make any significant contribution to the region, so it was just exploited for its natural resources and otherwise left alone. Indonesia do take a slightly more hands on approach to west papua though, but that's mostly in the form of military action against pro-independence "rebels".
combine that with the general lack of an environment conducive to advancement like the aboriginals had (albeit to a lesser degree) and you get a very primitive, tribal society. They haven't really advanced past that stage socially, even with the growth of urban centres. This means that they're very violent and narrow minded. They believe in black magic and often kill """witches""" in very brutal ways. Whenever australia brought supplies over, they used to think the planes were their ancestors coming down to help them.

Basically it's arguably more primitive than Africa in a lot of respects and was allowed to stay that way by colonists and administrators that didn't really give a fuck about it.
>>
>>76983558
Aren't the Indonesians slowly changing the demographics with settlers to replace the natives in West Papua?
>>
File: 1463261069917.jpg (67KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1463261069917.jpg
67KB, 600x600px
>>76983558
>Whenever australia brought supplies over, they used to think the planes were their ancestors coming down to help them.

I am going to need a source for that.
>>
one more kinda interesting thing about them is that they're absolutely OBSESSED with Australian sports, particularly state of origin games of rugby league. Half the population support New South Wales and the other half support Queensland. They can get incredibly violent over the results of games when they're played too.
>>76983637
honestly don't know the answer to that. I wouldn't be surprised though, west papua has massive gold reserves and the Indonesians don't want to lose it.
>>
>>76983558
>tfw there will never be a german speaking tropical country
>>
>>76983712
I came across it while reading parliamentary debates for a uni assignment
Hon RAY HALLIGAN: I have mentioned some of this before, so members should please bear with me. I spent some time in Papua New
Guinea. There were indigenous people there who, because of their culture, lack of education and, by our standards and our definition, lack of sophistication, were called many derogatory names. There is no doubt that people from other
countries, not just the Anglo-Celtic who were in Papua New Guinea, felt similarly about the indigenous people of Papua New Guinea. They would point the finger at certain parts of their culture. Cargo cult is one part of their culture
whereby they believe that their ancestors have gone to heaven. When they saw planes arrive full of all worldly goods, they immediately thought it was their ancestors sending it down to them. Why not, if that was their belief?
Hon Paddy Embry: It didn’t hurt anybody.
Hon RAY HALLIGAN: It did hurt someone, because they believed it was theirs.
Hon Kim Chance: I have heard of sillier religious theories.
Hon RAY HALLIGAN: However, there was some logic to their thinking.
Hon Kim Chance: I agree.
Hon RAY HALLIGAN: We believe that our ancestors have gone to heaven. In that case a plane just appeared out of nowhere, out of the clouds, and landed in front of them and all these things came out of it.
Hon Kim Chance: All the good stuff.
Hon RAY HALLIGAN: I had a dream last night and my ancestors said that they would send me something, and here it is. I had no idea what it might be, but it has now manifested itself. Cargo cult was quite strong there.
>>
File: 1491504268896.png (25KB, 228x239px) Image search: [Google]
1491504268896.png
25KB, 228x239px
I miss the working in PNG Australianbro
>>
First listen country
>>
>>76983637
Yes

Only half of the population of the Province of West Papua is actually Papuan/Melanesian (although I think some of the other minority groups are still indigenous, seeing as Islam is only 38%, the rest being Christian). Roughly 15% are Javanese (the dominant ethnic group of Indonesia), who aren't at all indigenous to the area.

However, the neighboring Province of Papua (which is much more populous), while also receiving some migrants, is much more indigenous, seeing as only 16% is Muslim (the rest being Christian).
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.