[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why is everyones education system so shit?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

why is everyones education system so shit?
>>
>north america
2 countries
>south america
everything below the U.S.

explain
>>
>>76982066
Stupid people are easier to control.
>>
>>76982121
those two countries also have infinitely more money than the entire continent of south america
>>
>>76983344
For now
>>
>>76982066
>Singapore
are they Übermenschen?
>>
>>76982066

.. they.. love their children..?
>>
>>76982121
It's that Anglo privilege at work.
>>
>>76982066
It's interesting how Finland scored so low when we have some of the best pisa scores. What were the criteria and weights for that listing?
>>
>>76983653
PISA measures the schooling-system, those are higher education, I think.
>>
>>76983653
It's higher education, i.e universities
>>
>>76983653
it's a ranking of universities, pisa scores measure pre-tertiary education
finland is known for great public education but none of your universities aren't nearly as prestigious worldwide as, let's say, US or UK ones
>>
>>76983801
I'm fully aware that we don't have prestigious universities, but is prestige how you evaluate the quality of education?
>>
>>76984089
university rankings measure multiple indices like amount of publications, citations, conducted research, performance in international contests, recognizability etc.
quality of education for common students is rather hard to measure, that's why those rankings focus on things listed above, as they can be more objectively quantified and evaluated
>>
File: metho.png (421KB, 1205x632px) Image search: [Google]
metho.png
421KB, 1205x632px
This was the methodology for Asia-Pacific University rankings in their site, but I think it's essentially the same for the OP picture.
From the looks of it, those things seem to primarily measure citations, reputation and how much budget the universities have (for hiring staff etc.).
Would be interesting to see how efficiently they are at using their budget.
>>
>>76984382
A lot of indicies also place a good deal of weight on the amount of papers published or number of nobel laureates as professors. It's a simple fact that numbers alone speak poorly of the quality of education itself. I've also heard that anglo universities focus on publications for the sake of keeping their place at the top which to me seems pretty dishonest.

It's like a circlejerk.
>>
>>76984613
rule of the thumb is: while Your Uni might not score too high in international rankings, when it comes to regular classes the requirements bar and difficulty level are very high, while in Other Unis, despite being ranked higher, every retard can pass and you'd easily get top grades there since they learn barely anything anyways
>>
>>76984761

I can sort of understand the number of publication in journals because it at least shows that you are able to do some standard activity in absolute numbers.
It's just that focusing on publications alone creates nasty incentives on it's own. I recall stuff like paleonthology journals not publishing papers that don't introduce new species, so people started presenting every finding as new species in cases where it's on the fence. And it discourages long term research.
>>
>>76982066
we're doing better than i expected
>above russia and japan
>>
>>76982066
The teach of mostly useless things in unreal situtations throught boring ways perpatuates the stupidity we call education.
>>
>>76982066
Fuck you're talking about unis; wel I've heard that universities are ranked by published papers, but only in english
>>
>Cyprus doing better research than Italy
How's that possible? Doesn't Cyprus have like three unis?
>>
>>76986896
so if their averages are better they score higher
its a bit flawed as bigger countries have much bigger sample sizes
>>
>>76986896
Why do you have a flag? You're not a country.
>>
>Mexico
>South America
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.