[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the easiest germanic language to learn to read?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

File: 1450126778128.png (585KB, 2717x2342px) Image search: [Google]
1450126778128.png
585KB, 2717x2342px
What is the easiest germanic language to learn to read?
>>
Swedish is basically german minus half the grammars. Letter to sound consistency is pretty good except for the ɧ trap.
>>
>>76900426
Dutch is like a less autistic version of German. Icelandic is probably the hardest because it's nearly identical to Old Norse.
>>
>>76900426
Dutch. It's a mixture of German and English, grammar isnt too hard and very similar to that of English, and apart from the slightly harsh G sound the pronounciation isn't very different of English either
>>
>>76900426
Dutch.
>>
English
>>
If you can mange to read Dutch you can basically understand German. Go for Swedish if you try to make sense.
>>
Dutch or norwegian
>>
Easy languages with no grammar: danish, english, norwegian, dutch and swedish.
>>
>>76900426
what the fuck, there's dialects in the US? How? What are they?
>>
>>76900669
>Sju

i fucking hate the sound of that word
>>
>>76901054
350 million people will do that to you
memes aside, there's like only 40-50 million spanish speakers in the us
>>
>>76901221
>only 50 million

50 million is a large chunk of that 350 million.
>>
>>76901054
Don't hear how Southerners, Bostonians etc. sound different?
>>
>>76900426
Frisian
>>
>>76901362
it's just accent, not dialects
I've never heard of american dialects
>>
>>76901378
Yall b needin some reasers there.
>>
>>76900426
That depends entirely on what you mean by "read". If you mean "get the basic gist of a simply majority of the facts and everyone is also going to cut you incredible lengths of slack because no one gives a fuck about all the rules because we love to be uneducated", probably English, especially the American kind.

If you mean "can read this at an educated or professional level and produce a high-quality evaluation of the information contained within", probably not English.

>>76901054
There's 3 different dialects just in California, bro/breh/bruh. There's Deep Southern (Tennessee, Alabama, Georgia, S. Carolina), Texan, Floridian, Creole (two or three varieties, at that) and vaguely-country-because-I-grew-up-listening-to-country-music-but-I-live-in-Nevada "southern" dialects. People who live in the Great Lakes area sound like ESL foreigners to most Americans (that's because they are all actually Canadian).

The United States even has it's own dialect of Spanish, officially recognized by La Real Academia Española and the professional and academic linguist community.
>>
>>76901378
It's dialects, by every definition of the concept of dialects.

There is a common misconception held by non-English speakers that the varying dialects of English are simply "accents" that is caused almost exclusively by people confusing what is presented in media with real life.

Also, just because you might be able to figure out what someone is saying using context because you're a human being and language is a core foundation of our entire intelligence doesn't mean it's not a different dialect. It just means you aren't a complete idiot.

Source: I'm a professional linguist
>>
>>76900426
>asiest germanic language

AAVE by far
>>
>>76901856

is scots a different language or a dialect
>>
Folkspraak
>>
>>76902620
300 years ago a different language, now a dialect
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.