[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /int/ think about Indonesia. particularly to someone

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 160
Thread images: 9

File: indoneshita.gif (165KB, 1000x518px) Image search: [Google]
indoneshita.gif
165KB, 1000x518px
What does /int/ think about Indonesia. particularly to someone who have ever visited our country
>>
>>76887950
why haven't you invaded malaysia yet?
>>
>>76887950
I think is like one of the moderate muslim country. Which given the level of retarded censorship the country has, it isn't really an achievement.
>>
>>76888000
I wish they would. I'm itching for a war with a relevant country, that won't go nuclear.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Five_Power_Defence_Arrangements
>>
>>76887950
I can't think of a time I ever thought about Indonesia
>>
>>76888000
they still busy to invade your country with their brave army
>>
>>76888057
take your time for a little bit
>>
File: kopi-6.jpg (40KB, 600x512px) Image search: [Google]
kopi-6.jpg
40KB, 600x512px
You make terrific films. I have unironically watched The Raid at least half a dozen times.
>>
>>76887950
Big, poorman Malaysia
>>
File: images.png (291KB, 600x583px)
images.png
291KB, 600x583px
>>76887950
are you shia muslims or just very very nice? every indonesian i've met online was really nice
>>
>>76887950
>country
What? It's just the name of the place for our offshore detention centres. It's a country in the same sense Guam is.
>>
>>76888387
we have the mentality to "be nice to foreigner, be cunts to each other".
>>
>>76888357
>Big, poorman Malaysia
More like big and poor version of Singapore
>look at their similar flags
>>
Papuan genocider
>>
>>76888025
agree, the censorship in this country is beyond retard

>>76888313
honestly, i don't like our film industry

>>76888357
poor malaysia version

>>76888689
your media propaganda
>>
>>76887950
so, what's the difference between Indons and Malaysians?
>>
>>76888722
You genocided both east timor and papua, you probably didnt learn any of that at school
>>
>>76887950
Those borders are fucking triggering me desu
>>
>>76888760
Malaysia is a ethnic state (although ethnic Malays accounts for only 50% of the pop). Indonesia is a bunch of different peoples with different histories, although most stuffs happen in the Western part, especially Java.
>>
File: file.png (185KB, 1200x625px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
185KB, 1200x625px
>>76888774
>>
they'd be a good country if they removed the islam
>>
Despise it
The niggers of SEA
>>
>>76888313
What do you like about Filosofi Kopi. Story is cliche at the best. Maybe it just me not liking a drama movie.
>>
>>76887950
Weird Poland
>>
>>76888689
[2]
>>
learn to use a knife and fork you fucking monkey savages
>>
>>76889090
>>76888952

i like you blake
>>
>>76888909
>Fak-Fak
l-lewd
>>
> i have never meet a slutty indon girl
why is this
>>
>>76887950
Sulawesi is the best island in the world. I've never been there or anything but it just looks like it's screaming GTFO NORMIES REEEEEEEE!
>>
>>76887950
i like your old ruins and historical buddhist architecture.
you guys should convert back to mahayana or therevada buddhism or whatever kind of buddhism you had before.

Other than that, i dont know much about indonesia.
>>
>>76891396
Conservative society, higher average loss of virginity than India (I think 25 or 26).
>>76887950
Was the medium of instruction in your school Indonesian or English? Does English medium even exist? What about Dutch? Is it taught anywhere still and does it have any significance in your society anymore? Also do they teach Javanese, Sundanese etc in school or are they just considered as vernacular home languages not to be taught through education? Do they still use those Brahmic scripts or do they use Latin mostly?
>>
>>76892384
both indonesian and local dialect, latin for indonesian, local alphabets for local dialect
>>
i've been there in 2013, would come back several times, mostly Bali
>>
We paid them back in the 60s to kill off all their commies. Which wasn't hard, since in SE Asia the words "communist" and "Chinese" are considered synonymous.
>>
>>76892384
but conservative society causes girls to be more slutty
>>
>>76892797
Okay.
>>
>>76891396
>>76892797
you're looking at the wrong places.
please revisit soon. there's quite plenty of them, legal and questionable.
>>
>>76893147
?
unlike malaysia and philippines you can actually get mugged for that.
meh even walking alone as a foreigner casually can get you mugged
>>
Worst neighbours, genocided Papuans and are Isl*mic, though at least they don't try and do what Mexico does to the US in terms of immigrants. God bless the Timor Sea. Also they have to deal with the lowest of the low Australians in Bali which would kinda suck.
>>
>>76888863

Not surprising as Java has more people living on it than most countries total population
>>
>>76891838

I think they were hindu
>>
>>76893435
both actually, reached peak at buddhist reign
>>
>>76893486

I heard that the average height is very short there. Do you think it is because your ancestors breed with https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homo_floresiensis
>>
>>76893244
why so xenophobic
>>
>>76893525
its because of heat and food source actually.
maoris have much more genetic relationship with floresians/homo floresiensis and they're quite big fella
>>
>>76893588

That's because they eat a lot of pork and spam. But the Flores man was found in indonesia why do you think pacific islanders are closer to it when their ancestors are from Taiwan?
>>
>>76893567
in the old times before colonialism people have it easy and made them think they're rich and special.
just imagine the mentality of retarded, spoiled little brat with princess complex suddenly get seduced with strange attractive stranger only to get raped, this sentiments has been passed down nationwide.
>>
>>76893629
>why do you think pacific islanders are closer to it when their ancestors are from Taiwan
because i checked genetic map, maoris ancestors traveled through our region and in their journey they breed with melanesians.
unless you're talking about indonesian melanesians in eastern part of course
>>
>>76893684
interesting
>>
>>76892384
Sorry for late reply, I''m not OP and I'm not aware of this tread. But I'll try to answer.

>Was the medium of instruction in your school Indonesian or English?
Indonesia unless it's high class private institutions.

>Does English medium even exist?
Yes, in English subject. Which is mandatory as the foreign language.

>What about Dutch?
Nope, if I remember correctly only 2% people were able to speak Dutch during the colonial era and they were elites and royalties.

>Is it taught anywhere still and does it have any significance in your society anymore?
Not anymore and we've got like 10,000 of Dutch loanwords, that separate the boundary between Bahasa Indonesia and Malaysia.

>Also do they teach Javanese, Sundanese etc in school or are they just considered as vernacular home languages not to be taught through education?
Depends on particular region and the school. If you study in Jogjakarta then it's mandatory to learn Javanese, Balinese in Bali, Melayu in Riau, Minangese in west Sumatra, Batakese in North Sumatra, Sundanese in West Java, etc.

>Do they still use those Brahmic scripts or do they use Latin mostly?
You mean Javanese script, it's only used in certain region of Java. And Bali has its own script. Hell, some ethic groups has their own distinct alphabets.
>>
>>76891838
Hindu and Buddhism had already declined back then and pressure from Arabic trader made us muslims, at least the process happen peacefully without the need of bloodshed. And we're lucky that we were colonized by the apathetic Dutch and not the inquisition-happy Spaniards or Portuguese.
>>
>>76893525
Austronesian gene, even if you eat the same like the whites, we'll still be race of brown and short people with some exceptions.

>>76893629
It was just an anthropological theory. Other theory assumed that Austronesian people migrated from Indonesia back when it's still one mass land before the rise of sea level.
>>
Rightful Dutch clay
Under our rule it would be a paradise not a 3d world shithole.
>>
>>76894531
What is your mother tongue, man? Just curious.
>>
>>76895121
It's a mix of Indonesian with Malay accent but not as exaggerated as them. But if people ask me irl I'll just say it's Bahasa Indonesia.
>>
>>76895079
delet this
>>
>>76895079
Paradise for meneer you mean.
>>
>>76895585
No you get me all wrong.
I picture an Indonesia where it is a equal partner in the kingdom of the Netherlands.
Same rights, same public services, same social services. Same kind of infrastructure. All for the good of the peoples.
>>
>>76895672
>cant even control small portion of muslims
>expect to control literal hundreds millions of it
lmao
>>
soccer fans
>>
>>76895813
I'm just trying to be nice :(
>>
>>76895672
You've has 350 years to implement those things and not a single of them actually come into realization. And why do we need to be your clay to make those things happen? Can't you be nice and give us money? From 350 years of indentured slavery and exploitation of our natural resources?
>>
File: nice.jpg (132KB, 768x504px) Image search: [Google]
nice.jpg
132KB, 768x504px
>>76895885
>I'm just trying to be nice
literally why
>>
>>76895931
I am not responsible for those kind of things.
>>
>>76887950
Sunni brothers who I would gladly fight for
>>
File: 1470615039027.png (1MB, 1480x925px) Image search: [Google]
1470615039027.png
1MB, 1480x925px
>>76888000
They are waiting for us to die off from haze.
>>
>>76895672

>Giving 200 million muslims a free pass into the Netherlands

You a dumdum
>>
>>76896155
back then the majority religion wasn't islam
>>
>>76895990
But you take benefit from all the wrongdoings that your granddaddy did.
>>
>>76896884
Try saying this in /pol/. They'll want to shoot you in the head.
>>
>>76896884
Do I??? I don't see any benefits. Where's my free Indo money
>>
>>76897265
The fact that your country used the gold from our spices to elevate your swamps to build tulip gardens clearly qualifies.
>>
>>76897882
Hurr durr Europeans are bringers of civilization an' shit. We dindu nuffin. Them shitskins poor while we rich cuz they have low IQs and shit.
>>
>>76888763
what you """"""""""""""""western people"""""""""""""""" didn't learn is we kill traitor, we kill rebels, we kill anyone who is trying to do treasonity
no matter what religions
no matter what ethnics
no matter what cultures
no matter what ideologies
that's our way to keep this country still in one country
>>
>>76897265
>Where's my free Indo money
it all goes into
your king pocket
your suriname
your boers
your VOC
your japanese ronin wallet when did banda massacres
your supported rebel group in indonesia
your dams
your military agression to indonesia I & II
and your jew banks
>>
I've been to Bali. Locals were friendly I guess, but wtf is wrong with Australians
>>
File: Screenshot_167.jpg (88KB, 657x673px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_167.jpg
88KB, 657x673px
>>76899263
like brit when they are going to sunny beach bulgary
>love to drunk
>drugger
>the youngsters are a bunch of party poppers
>enjoying the ruckus rather than the local cultures
>never respect the locals
pic very related
>>
>>76899408
Slightly unrelated, but why do Asian countries (especially in SEA) have such extreme drug laws when entering customs?
>>
>>76897882
>>76898427
>>76898839
>>76898990
You sound upset.
>>
>>76899929
because the emergency status of drug abuse on early 2000
well, we are not mexico
>>
>>76888626
He has it right. Malaysia is Big poorman Singapore and Indonesia is Big Poorman Malaysia
>>
hate it
>>
https://www.freewestpapua.org/info/human-rights/
>>
>>76899263
it's only the lowest of the working class that actually go to Bali, the rest of the country dislike it and the people there
>>
i want tranny gf btw
>>
>>76901385
>and the people there
meaning the Australians that go there
>>
>>76901427
if you have ever visited it you'll probably hate the locals as well.
literally cuntest of cunt, especially towards locals and asian tourists
>>
>>76901385
>big population
>third world country
>but never cause such a ruckus to region
>keep being good to foreigner
>never do mass illegal border crossing to other countries (like mexico) no matter what happened to this country
>only go to other countries for studying or important overseas job task
>"hurr durr i haet indon"
>>
>>76901535
>>but never cause such a ruckus to region
kek

KEK

K-E-K

are you actually this fucking stupid? Indonesia are by far the most militaristic country in our region.
>>
>>76901535
Stop eating the bait you butthurt newfag.
>>
>>76901514
because it bali
the balinese probably the one of the cuntest of our population, especially in the kuta ones
they are so "we wuz" about their own island
>>
>>76901573
>Indonesia are by far the most militaristic country
what is burma
what is cambodia
what is vietnam
what is thailand
are you afraid about us big boi aussie????
>>
>>76901594
literally the only thing to enjoy there is how to get out from the whole islam plague once in a while
>>
>>76901628
umm no

did any of those countries arbitrarily invade another country literally days after they declared independence? Indonesia did.

are any of those countries actively genociding the local population of another invaded region and refusing their calls for independence? Indonesia is.

a country that's violent internally is much better than one that uses it to expand like Indonesia.

>are you afraid about us big boi aussie
lmao, Australia's already been at war with you before and came out as the victors
>>
I look forward to your furious replies, which I will not be reading
>>
>>76899929
Everyone got their lesson from what happened to Qing China.
>>
>>76901675
oh shut the fuck up
i hate this kind of this shit
yoiu literally never go to bali
>aussie
>the balinese jerks
>kuta shits
>muh epik meymey muslim
i am enjoying more go to lombok rather than bali, heck i am enjoying more go to sabang than go to bali

>>76901721
>did any of those countries arbitrarily invade another country literally days after they declared independence?
pls learn history again fucktard, indonesia is a confirmation of all tribes on nusantara archipelago, we have saumpah pemuda conference at 1928, BPUPKI, and PPKI
>are any of those countries actively genociding the local population of another invaded region and refusing their calls for independence?
are you taking drugs now? we kill anything that in form of treasonity no matter what, see >>76898839
we killed commies (a bunch of javanese and chinks)
we killed OPM (the papuan rebel)
we killed DI/TI (the jihadist)
we killed GAM (aceh jihadist)
we killed Permesta (ex dutch's KNIL)
and many more
seriously, learn history again fucktard
>>
shan't be reading any ind*ensian drivel tonight lads
>>
>>76901922
also that kind of treasonities are happened after the independece revolution era (after 1949) so yeah your aussie argument are fuckin invalid
>>
basically the australian government should stop paying the hundreds of millions of dollars we give to the monkeys and let them all starve to death
>>
Big koreaboo country. A lot of Indonesians here these days.
>>
>>76901922
>we're not militaristic though
>>
>>76901922
>yoiu literally never go to bali
hmmmm, whatever.
i just enjoy the how the cunts BTFO-ing whiny tourists that subtly trying to push their sharia bullshit there.
believe what you want but liing around muslims is actually exhausting is not even a meme.
>>
>>76902063
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>we're not militaristic though
if we are militaristic, we will have
>conscript priogram
>over spending budget on military
>over happened coups by the militray
>opressed medias
>junta style government
and no, we don't have it all, sorry to dissapoint you auslard
>>
>>76902165
umm no
>>
>>76902081
>that subtly trying to push their sharia bullshit
i am cringy so hard about this
I am several times go to bali (mostly for work), and no, nothing like this happened because the non balinese who goes there only care for two things, work and holiday)
also it's a common secret that bali has their own mafia, the laskar bali, so no one can make a ruckus their
>>
Just curious, but how tall are the Indonesian /int/ posters here?
>>
>>76902179
kinda like ours, but we are actually a sanskrit a bit malay that is infected by dutch influence
the tagalog is spanish langaunge that infected by malay, austronesia, and local accent
>>
I assume that most of the indonesians that have posted here are from Java, am I right?
>>
>>76902282
i am 170cm
average of indonesia's height become much taller after old order era (around 165cm), especially in urban area
>>
>>76902347
ahh yes
but there are several from sumatera (pekanbaru and palembang)
also there is one from borneo
>>
>>76902282
Not even lying, I'm 6 feet 2 inches (189cm) here. Genetically different baby.

>>76902347
Nope, Sumatra.
>>
>>76902250
>nothing like this happened
literally heard 2 different on 2 different spot which basically are "it would be nice if there's more halal food vendor" or "it would be nice if there's modest sharia beach spot", and that only in 1 visit.
>also it's a common secret that bali has their own mafia, the laskar bali, so no one can make a ruckus their
literally the exact "cunt" i'm talking about.
what kinda work could you do with all of these pisspoor reading comprehension
>>
>>76902419
Have there ever been independist movements from certain islands? I mean, since Java is the one that recieves by far the most atention
>>
>>76902534
mostly regional
>>
>>76902534
Aceh separatists back then, and Papuan niggers nowadays.
>>
>>76902457
that's bullshit
literally
no seriously, a bullshit
yes bali maybe not a non-muslim kind of place, but then again most muslim still coming, and the veteran ones already know that if you are a muslim that visist bali, just enjoy it, if you see something non muslim, just avoid it
>inb4 "it's wrong to ak the balinese if something is hala or not"
no, that's just asking something like the jew asking if something kosher or not

>what kinda work
i am working at small university as an administration guy, there are always international conferences at bali
>>
>>76902534
well just see this >>76901922
>>
>>76902658
can you even comprehend what "subtly" is?
of course its not an obvious push, and no, its not asking whether food is halal or not, its "it WOULD BE NICE if....."
again, believe what you want, but whats happen, happen
>>
meh, i'm done with you anyway, you're proving why living among muslims is exhausting.
defend all you want, not gonna change my memory nor foreigner view about muslims
>>
I mean, to this day it still baffles my mind how little of Indonesia is known in the world despite being the 4th most populous country in the world
>>
>>76902733
i don't know what kind of muslim you met at bali
but most muslim firend from my office (who also several time come along to bali with me for work) never complain about kind of that shits
and the arab tourist (they are one of the most tourist on kuta beside aussie and asian) never make a scene like try complain about it too
so probably the muslim you met on there from such a region like jakarta or sumatera
>>
>>76902876
sure suit youself cunt
>>
>>76902897
Better than having a stupidly negative stereotype labelled upon us.
>>
fucking poland ruining the thread
>>
>>76894434
>inquisition-happy Spaniards or Portuguese
There is some truth to it, but this is mostly a meme.
>>
>>76904259
interestingly, Rhodesia also joined in
>>
>>76902457
>anecdotes
>evidence

k e k
>>
>>76887950
GOAT immigrants.
>>
>>76904479
lmao
>>
Reminder: all bad indonesian posters are chinks
>>
Never touch East-Timor again
>>
Tell me about Bali.
If I were going on vacation there what should I expect?
>>
>>76904746
Don't

it's overrun by the worse Australia has to offer
>>
Highly recommend Fiji instead
>>
Its shit
T. Shit country expert
>>
What's wrong with Aussies when it comes to Papua? And since when killing rebels is local genocide?
>>
>>76904429
nobody trying to prove anything tho, its in MY memory, and i don't give a shit whether you'll insist it didn't happen because you're not going to prove anything but how muslims are defensive annoying fucks that thinks they're immune to criticism.
p.s calling me chink wont turn my skin yellow and my eyes slanty either
>>
>>76904746
Place is pretty chill if you know all the right spots

Food is good

Avoid Kuta, it's a tourist trap, unless you're there for the nightclubs

Legian is 2nd tier nightclub district after Kuta

If you have lots of money you don't mind wasting then you're pretty much set

Ehhh overall 6.5/10, been there 4 times now.
>>
>>76904872
why are you fucktards keep forgetting the basic common knowledge that aussies are the biggest attention whore?
of course they'll make everything about them, are you retarded enough not to ignore them?
>>
>>76904746
Don't go to the beaches, just enjoy the scenic villages and rice terraces there. Along with the Balinese culture like dances, buildings, handcrafts, etc.

These are better beaches:
https://travel.idntimes.com/destination/grace/banyak-orang-tidak-tahu-tentang-15-pantai-paling-indah-di-indonesia-ini/full
>>
>>76905031
>mentioning west papua is "making everything about us"
hmm
>>
>>76904746
its shit, but as i said at least its one of the least islamic place
>>
>>76905076
oh kay
>>
>>76904882
why are you so butthurt lmao
>>
>>76896079
Context?
>>
>>76896884
>>76897882
Sounds like SJW Butthurt
Better to adapt and learn rather than whine like a nigger
>>
>>76905719
its retarded 4chan roleplay thing
fun fact: most people here can't even point where's netherland on the map (like every other european country, i wish i was joking) let alone give a shit about them.
other from history class of course
>>
>>76905719
We're not, some countries ask their ex-colonialist to pay money reparations, but we don't
>>
>>76905923
who does that
>>
File: active-fires-map.png (545KB, 946x397px) Image search: [Google]
active-fires-map.png
545KB, 946x397px
>>76905665
See pic and take a guess on who is being gassed, forced to deploy almost our entire fleet of helicopters and water bombers, entire states shut down due to health hazard and low visibility then told by their minister we should thank Indonesia for 11 months of fresh air.
>>
>>76905992
korea and china, dutch and nips paid the rep tho, you're replying to a retard
>>
>>76906166
Don't
>>
>>76906185
Didn't see my original post earlier in the thread actually went though
Fucking captcha
>>
>>76887950
I'm half Indo 2bh
>>
Do Indo girls want to hook up with a Belanda?
>>
>>76888722
Funny you should say that, because some of your local films that get attention over here tend to be kino-ish by our standards (See: Laskar Pelangi, Ada Apa Dengan Cinta, Surga Yang Tak Dirindui apparently etc).

I think it's because your country has at least some producers with a backbone to make stuff for the sake of tugging our heartstrings, not the ones that makes the quickest bucks...we Malaysians seem to be PRETTY LIMITED in that aspect.
>>
>>76907003
Not a chance Geert.

>>76908564
Is there any Malaysia kino? I like the action movies or non-romance slice of life.
>>
>>76887950
Complete shit for not protecting the war wrecks of HNLMS De Ruyter, HMAS Sydney, USS Houston, and others from scrappers.
Thread posts: 160
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.