[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can the US defend against North Korean missiles?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

File: US-NK.jpg (184KB, 1005x839px) Image search: [Google]
US-NK.jpg
184KB, 1005x839px
It will be a sad day when we have to say the answer is no.
>>
>>76859411
what would North Korea gain from attacking the USA or Japan or South Korea?

A swift NATO/UN-backed war of annihilation against a nation of 20 million people, a high percentage malnourished and outdated equipment.
The CAN'T win any military conflict.
>>
>>76859411
South Korean should fight against nork by themself.
S Korean even refused new American missile diffence system too.
Then only one way is fight by themself.
If I were Korean I would be shameful as fuck and do it by ourself than being crying baby.
>>
>>76859537
if he is self-destructive maybe but I guess, being a totalitarian divinely-ordained dictator is a nice life.

The most critical time would be a sudden regime-change after his sudden death. His son is still an infant and he is morbidly obese and hails from a family with heart-problems, strokes and epilepsy.
>>
>>76859411
>It will be a sad day when we have to say the answer is no.

>backwards as fuck country
>self-develop weapons with limited resources and personnel
>able to make missiles that the US cannot defend
>>
>>76859509
>The CAN'T win any military conflict.
If they get a strike on the US mainland, they already won. Nothing is worse than humiliation.

With that said, why are Koreans allowed to have nukes and not Iranians or whomever else is trying to get them at the moment? Korea has had nukes for decades and the US cant do anything because of the hostage countries (1st S. Korea and now becoming Japan). US is totally cucked by N Korea and China.
>>
>>76859694
China protects North Korea. They're so autistically committed to >muh buffer state that they've created a monster which can and will threaten them.
>>
I rejoice for the day that Kimmie fucks up and decides to mess with China.

kOREAN GENOCIDE BEST DAY OF MY LIFE
>>
>>76859694
Iran fucked with the jews

That's why
>>
>>76859712
China doesn't protect Korea anymore than South Korea does.

SK keeps saying "no war" and has said that for the last 30 years.
>>
>>76859509
>people make decisions based on rational thinking
>world leaders make decisions based on rational thinking
>deranged and delusional dictators make decisions based on rational thinking

A lot of events throughout history can be explained by one simple thing rather than convoluted conspiranoic theories: people make stupid shit all the time, and world leader are more often than not, not some kind of machiavellian evil geniuses, but stupid and impulsive fucks.
>>
If it's nukes, we're all dead anyway
>>
>>76859743
>Iran fucked with the jews
I'll accept that answer as extra credit but I want something else.

>>76859712
>created a monster which can and will threaten them.
They are controlled by China, there is no N. Korea.

N. Korea wants the US to build up their country so the Kim Jong whatever family can keep oppressing people on an industrial scale. They want what China got because they are China.
>>
>>76859694
>Korea has had nukes for decades and the US cant do anything
The Iranians were open to discuss the topic, the North Koreans aren't. Especially not with the Ideological enemy, their main narrative is that the USA is preparing an invasion or an attack at any moment. That narrative gets very weak if you sit with them on the bargaining table.

>>76859712
I think people widely overestimate the commitment of China to North Korea. China's number one weapon is in fact their export-economy and you can't sell shit to people that fight you. The community of nations give them trillions of yuan, North Korea gives them a buffer, that is in the time of ICBM pretty pointless and lends them de facto slaves, but they don't need people.
>>
>>76859773
The gooks actually understand basic geopolitics though

NK builds nuke
USA puts missiles in SK
China fears we are surrounding them
USA and China try to negotiate with NK
NK threatens again
We threaten China
China chooses the status quo because NK is better than WW3
>>
>>76859626
t. american aircraft carrier
>>
>>76859805
>China controls NK

LMAO no

http://www.atimes.com/article/north-korea-chinas-war-words/
https://www.google.com/amp/m.scmp.com/news/china/diplomacy-defence/article/2093002/chinese-state-media-hit-back-unprecedented-war-words%3Famp%3D1
>>
>>76859860
made me laugh, thanks m8.
>>
>>76859869
>created a monster which can and will threaten them.
They havent and wont otherwise N Korea could have acted already.
>>
>>76859773
I can't remember a single instance in history where people completely suicided their nation with no chance of a good outcome (except Merkel maybe). Even Hitlers policies were founded in something: People (even US intelligence) believed the USSR would lose against the Germans and that the British would eventually plead for peace.

I don't deny it's not possible that a series of bad decisions and irrationality and/or real madness drives the North Korean state to such a step, but I think it's highly unlikely.
>>
>>76859815
>their main narrative is that the USA is preparing an invasion or an attack at any moment.
Thats every opponents narrative of the US. Even Venezuela which was utterly dependent on oil sales in US.
>>
>>76860008
yes, but the North Korean regime took this to a new level:
They de facto fight a 1984 -type fictional war: They drill their people for city warfare, they have bunkers everywhere, they build motorways for tanks, they pump every cent they have into the military or military research, they have an army of spies in the Western World. They MUST have know, that (before Trump) there was a <1% chance that America or South Korea will attack them in the next 5 years, still they kept that charade, to explain to people why their country is an isolated shit-hole.
>>
>Kim Jong Un assassinates Xi Jinping
>attempts to invade China
>gets btfo by the Chinese
>New Korea is formed by forcibly relocating the conquered Koreans into ghettos while pure 100% Chinese live in high-rise skyscrapers complete with floating hover cars
I reckon us Chinese can enjoy about a century of peace before the korean shits think about revolting again.
>>
File: qt.jpg (63KB, 620x420px) Image search: [Google]
qt.jpg
63KB, 620x420px
>>76860114
>They MUST have know, that (before Trump) there was a <1% chance that America or South Korea will attack them in the next 5 years
><1%
screeching
>>
>>76859694
>why are Koreans allowed to have nukes
They're not.
The US can't do anything about Iran, either.
>>
>>76860114
>They de facto fight a 1984 -type fictional war: They drill their people for city warfare, they have bunkers everywhere, they build motorways for tanks, they pump every cent they have into the military or military research, they have an army of spies in the Western World. They MUST have know, that (before Trump) there was a <1% chance that America or South Korea will attack them in the next 5 years, still they kept that charade, to explain to people why their country is an isolated shit-hole.
To be fairs, thats the same as Iran and even Cuba.

So why can't either of those countries have nukes? The US could have neutered N Korea long-long ago (by that I mean decades ago, not in Trumps term). Something is clearly unseen.
>>
>>76860114
>there was a <1% chance that America or South Korea will attack them in the next 5 years

I think Bush's axis of evil speech, and the subsequent invasion of Iraq drove the North Koreans to nuclear weapons, although they were already skirting with the idea before
>>
>>76860193
>although they were already skirting with the idea before
Ya they had the program going for years in advance of 9/11 dipshit.
>>
>>76860172
Iran and Cuba doesn't have 5% of their population under arms and pumps at least 25% of their GDP in the military and claim they are still in an active war with their neighbors (North Korea never signed a peace-deal to end of the Korean War).

But tbqh I know much less about the propaganda etc of Iran and Cuba, but those are places that you can visit and talk with the local population if you want to, that's more or less impossible in North Korea.

I just think that no US-administration (especially while and after the Vietnam War) had any interest in fighting North Korea and besides humanitarian reasons, there isn't really a reason to. And decades ago nobody expected that a country like NK could become nuclear in their lifetime or ever.

>So why can't either of those countries have nukes?
Mostly because the policy of the UN and NATO is disarming nuclear weapons and prohibit more states to become nuclear. More government with access to nuclear weapons is a higher chance of one of them actually getting used. But the focus on nukes is maybe to narrow. What about biological warfare? NK or Iranian scientist could try to cultivate a new type of smallpox or anthrax and take the world hostage.
>>
>>76859411
with the current tech, no.

the only reason why the latest missile shield tests were a success is because the tests were gimped to start with.

they knew where the missile was coming from, when it was launched, it's trajectory, it's final destination. There was only one missile, did not tumble and had a decoy system that the Americans knew about.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.