[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you think about the reunification of Korea?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 5

What do you think about the reunification of Korea?
>>
>>76858869
좆같음
>>
>>76858869
t.무조건 애국 주의자
>>
File: 00452017.jpg (23KB, 267x384px)
00452017.jpg
23KB, 267x384px
>>76858869
Things were better last time it was unified
>>
>>76858888
통일은 숙명이다
하나가되자('!')
거부하면 안됨
>>
File: IMG_20170705_225613_747.jpg (40KB, 1191x543px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170705_225613_747.jpg
40KB, 1191x543px
>>76858888
>The same shit
wew
>>
>>76858869
가능없다
>>
>>76858869
It would destroy your economy.
>>
>>76858869
Unlike to happen, as neither side wants it
>>
>>76859023
China and Japan wouldn't want it either. A unified Korea would be a formidable economic and political force in East Asia. In fact the UK and France opposed German reunification.
>>
>>76859015
resource rich land and cheap workforce. It can only better the economy.
>>
>>76859023
You are very, very wrong. North Koreans are pratically brainwashed about the absolute need to reunite the peninsula, but of course, under Eun's rule. To North Korea the fact that the peninsula is not united means the americans won.

But you're right about it when it comes to South Korea, some kids don't even know there is the idea of reunification.
>>
maybe when his sister replace him it would be possible
>>
>>76858869
Your fat northern neighbor is pushing us towards that scenario.
>>
North Korea needs help is all I'm saying
>>
>>76859203
>us
China*
>>
>>76859099
More like starving workforce. Not even to mention the situation a necessary war would create.
>>
>>76859117
>To North Korea the fact that the peninsula is not united means the americans won

They're taught in school that they won the Korean War.
>>
>>76859309
Well, there are no americans there, so this kinda means they won. They build a fucking H-bomb to kill you all and they're still alive (barely).

If you are taught that the USA won, sorry but that's not true. Every education is brainwash.
>>
>>76859309
I didn't understand enough, I'm sorry. I gave it a second read. Well, you're right, but that doesn't mean america cannot win now.
>>
>>76859503
We're generally taught that the war was a stalemate, however the principle objective of saving South Korea was achieved.
>>
>>76859547
I'm sure the upper north korean class consider it a stalemate too, with the primary objetive of saving north korea achieved.
>>
>>76858869
It's a nice thought.But it will probably never happen.
>>
>>76859083
I seriously doubt that China does not want it. If anything, they just don't want it till they're not 100% sure that Korea won't be Japan 2.0 a.k.a USA's bitch. They already got Japan, Taiwan and the Philippines to take care of.

To think that China would give a fuck about the economic rivalry of a country which has the size of one of its provinces is just fantapolitics.
>>
File: IMG_1167.jpg (93KB, 904x828px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1167.jpg
93KB, 904x828px
>>76859547
>principle
>>
>>76859581
China doesn't want U.S. troops at their border
>>
>>76858869
It would be SK that has to take care of all the northern refugees.
>>
>>76861631
They already do
>>
>>76859571
North Koreans will consider it a stalemate to not look like idiots.

It was a win for Coalition forces because it prevented the north, who invaded, from seizing the south. The Chinese can consider it a win in their view because they managed to stop the coalition from taking over the North in the counterattack.
>>
>>76861698
What damage could a few million more do
>>
>>76858869
What if Kim convinces North Koreans to kill themselves right when they lose the war?
>>
>>76859015
nah the north Koreans are not that dumb tbqh, they'll adapt pretty fast
>>
>>76861592
We would likely pull our troops out of Korea if it became reunited.
>>
>>76859547
BTW, in North Korea it's officially taught that the South and the US fired the first shots and they didn't start the war, they were merely defending themselves. They also completely ignore Sino-Soviet assistance and make it sound as if Kim Il Sung personally drove out the imperialist invaders.

This has been a sometimes source of friction with China over the years, since almost a million Chinese died in the war and Pyongyang doesn't acknowledge their sacrifice.
>>
>>76862821
Why would we give up our military presence?
>>
>>76858869
I don't like it because more and more chinese can easily come to Korea
>>
>>76862866
China would almost certainly insist on it as a prerequisite for a unified Korea. It is similar to Finland, which after WWII was allowed to retain their political independence and democratic government in exchange for never participating in a military alliance with Western countries.
>>
>>76862887

why would china give up all of those resources though

the norks have so much fucking shit in their ground
>>
>>76858869
It'd be chaos when people without much gets to be jn the same society as others thst has quite a bit, korean economy will go down a bit but not so much when companies like samsung figgure out how to exploit slave labour and then they'd grown a bit and the minerals and resources from north korea would benefit them, if not make them wuite a bit richer.
>>
>>76862887
This is assuming China would be able to force these conditions, similar to how the Soviets forced the Finns' acquiescence.
Our posturing in Korea isn't done out of pure goodwill.
>>
>>76862906
That would be a thing as well. They would probably insist on keeping their business deals/mining rights in North Korea.
>>
>>76862847
Also, Chinese history books make a pretty big deal out of the war, but they speak of it as a patriotic war to save their borders from American imperialists, they don't really mention North Korea that much.
>>
>>76862978
>>76862847
>totalitarian countries have self-serving revisionist history books
Say it ain't so.
>>
North Korea is a buffer zone btw South Korea(or USFK) and China. We don't want to be directly bordering with China.
>>
>>76858869
Korean peninsula looks like Abe Lincoln after assassination
>>
>>76858945
Yeah Things were so better that they had nothing to eat but herbs and the bark of tree and made their people as slaves and barely survived as a vassal state of China.
>>
Still, at the end of the day I don't think Pyongyang are suicidal and they would have to know that if they fire a missile at South Korea/Japan, that it will take us a few button presses to turn the whole place into glowing green waste.
>>
>>76863721
IDK, man. Kim Jong Il at least seemed rational, he wanted mostly money and aid to keep himself and his buddies afloat. The new Kim seems like he literally wants to start World War III.
>>
>>76863890
Didn't Trump extend an offer to meet him at the negotiating table? I don't see how that would work. Kim Jong Un won't travel outside of North Korea, not even to China, because he's worried about getting couped.
>>
>>76863973
I don't think Trump actually expected Pyongyang to take up the offer, it's just a way of having politesse and wanting to appear reasonable and willing to talk this stuff over.
>>
#NUKE PYONGYANG
#JUSTICE FOR OTTO
>>
i dont
>>
>>76864169
Nah fuck that guy. He got what he deserved.
>>
>>76858869
do it please, I want to visit Kaesong.
>>
In the movie The Guns of Navarone, the Nazis have hidden a pair of “superguns” inside a mountain cave on the fictional island of Navarone in the Aegean Sea. Because they’re in a cave, an aerial bomb can’t destroy them, hence the need for a team of saboteurs.

North Korea’s terrain is mountainous. Our intelligence agencies have long taken for granted that the Kims have used the mountains to conceal missile silos and weapons caches, but they don’t pretend to know where all those sites are. It’s highly unlikely that we could destroy all of them before a missile could be launched toward Seoul or Tokyo.

Also, we can’t assume that China, North Korea’s only ally, will sit out such an attack. If China retaliates against the United States, it will be World War III.
>>
The only real option we have going forward with North Korea is containment. Those calling for the regime to be overthrown militarily either have no clue what the cost would be, or are extremely foolhardy.
>>
File: 2000px-Flag_of_South_Korea.svg-1.png (67KB, 2000x1333px) Image search: [Google]
2000px-Flag_of_South_Korea.svg-1.png
67KB, 2000x1333px
>>76858869
좆같은 국기 치워라 개새끼야
>>
>>76867443
I agree with you. The costs of a war would be prohibitive. Even a so-called limited strike could invite substantial or massive North Korean retaliation against South Korea and/or Japan. The loss of human life in exchange for minimal benefits of such an approach would not justify that course. Obviously, if North Korea launches a significant military attack against South Korea, US military facilities, or Japan, then the US would have no choice but to respond with massive force.

I favor a course of aggressive deterrence. Such an approach would entail the US playing a leading role in assuring that South Korea and Japan would be able to defeat any North Korean assaults and that any North Korean military intervention would result in prohibitive to catastrophic costs to North Korea. That approach would also entail eliminating all exports of any kind to North Korea from the US and its allies. Obviously, China and Russia might still export, but the burden of their propping up Pyongyang would become markedly heavier. Over time, that might create an incentive for those countries to try to moderate North Korea's conduct, as doing so would then be seen as in their own national interest, not the national interest of the United States, South Korea, or Japan.
>>
random post here but would you consider Jejuese to be a different language from the rest of Korean or is it a different dialect?

I heard it's really different and it's weird speaking to them. Like if some 70 year old from the black country in England was talking to Eazy E. They could get the general gist of things but the conversation would be so tinted with the oddities of the dialect it'd feel extremely unsettling.
>>
China will inevitably reign them in in the end because they absolutely do not, not, not want war to break out on the Korean peninsula.
>>
They say only old people in South Korea still care about reunification.
>>
The big mistake we made was withdrawing short-range missiles from South Korea in the early 90s. We assumed we didn't need them anymore with the Soviet Union gone.
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.