[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

WW2 postcard

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
If anyone knows German I need someone to translate this writing. It's from a post card (will show front once translated)
>>
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Here is the other side
>>
I'd have to be a teacher to decrypt that handwriting
>>
>>76838594
Addressed to Ms Annemarie Hofner in Vienna
On my phone rn otherwise I'd bother with the rest
It's written in Sütterlin, they don't teach this anymore today
>>
That's written in sütterlin, or German 30s-40s cursive. You're probably better off typing it out in freetext because I doubt anyone under 80 besides wehraboos can read it.
>>
>>76838836
I'm looking at someone matching the description on whitepages. Sais she is 107 years old but she goes by multiple last names. That would make her around 25-30 by the time of the letter
>>
>>76838594
Frl
Annemarie
Hofner

Wien, 62
Burg (gefse?) 122A

Not the best at this, sorry
>>
>>76838556
It says you're a faggot
>>
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>76839792
Burg could be petersburg? Here is the front. It was the attack on St.Petersburg and this was the time all of them were determined to take the city by Christmas
>>
>>76839895
It was called Leningrad at that time nvm
>>
File: d34.jpg (8KB, 279x307px) Image search: [Google]
d34.jpg
8KB, 279x307px
>>76838771
>>76838836
>>76838892
>Germans can't read German from 60 years ago
>>
It's a Christmas card to his daughter.
I can't make out the last part, he started writing too sloppily.

My dearest little daughter,

how did you spend this Nicholas day, did you get any presents and your mom as well? I'm sure you did, as both of you are so good always.
How do you like this Christmas card. Everything looks very winterly ???
In reality ???

The kindest greetings to you and mom ???

Dad

December 6th is St. Nicholas day btw
>>
>>76842145
Thank you so much anon. I owe you
>>
>>76843014
To update, even though they are probably gone at this point my grandparents will be passing by Austria on their way to Russia and will deliver the card to the Austrian government in hopes of it reaching any family members left
>>
>>76843369
I got more of this stuff, bump if interested
>>
File: Sütterlin-Ausgangsschrift[1].jpg (129KB, 400x333px) Image search: [Google]
Sütterlin-Ausgangsschrift[1].jpg
129KB, 400x333px
>>76840515
>Sütterlin
it's writing style, another form of cursive, it is readable but you have to get used to the stylization first.
>>
>>76843369
In pretty sure the only reason you even have it is because family members dumped it somewhere and it got resold on flea markets
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.