[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which language should I take?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 1496620588153.jpg (60KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1496620588153.jpg
60KB, 400x400px
For context I'm a Civil Engineering student who is required to take two language classes by my uni. Obviously I won't be fluent by the end of it, but it'll be a solid foundation for which I could become fluent.

>Arabic
Obviously has the most potential applications since I'm a civil, and Arabic is the fastest growing language in the US. I'm concerned about potential difficulty though since I'm not good at languages and I need to maintain a 3.3 GPA.

>Italian
Very little application, but it should be easier because I took Spanish in high school, and a family member of mine is also learning it.

>Germany
Kind of a mix of the two, not as many applications as Arabic but still plenty, and potentially more difficult than Italian, but not as much as Arabic.

>Russian
The worst of both worlds, but the class only has one person in it, so since I'm bad with languages this could be the best choice since I'd essentially be getting one-on-one instruction.
>>
There is no industry in the arabic world. In fact, they hire European companies to do their work for them. And the people are a cancer to deal with.
Russia has the economy of the Benelux divided over more than a hundred million people. And the people are horrible to deal with.

Italian is easy and the country is nice. If you like the country you could pick it. The north is actually relatively rich.
German is a bit harder than Italian but at least your skills will be valued there. It's the most spoken language in Europe.
>>
>USA

Spanish
>>
Italian
>>
>>76815759
>wanting to speak to poor people
>>
>>76815582
Afrikaans because of how easy it is to learn.
>>
>>76815832
OP has to talk to his subordinates
but he already """knows"""" spanish, that's why he didn't include it

>>76815582
german or dutch
i don't think they're that different or more complicated than english. compared to russian and arabic at least
>>
>>76815582
russian then arabic
>>
>>76818970
wow your regional flag looks just like Andalucia's !
>>
Chinese you idiot
>>
>>76819107
>Chinese
kek good thing he said
>I need to maintain a 3.3 GPA
>>
>>76815727
>There is no industry in the arabic world. In fact, they hire European companies to do their work for them. And the people are a cancer to deal with.
Yes, but most job listing I see prefer someone with Arabic, which would make sense since surely they need people that can communicate with the people who ordered the work? Although if it is that much of a pain to work with them maybe this is something I should avoid.

>Russia has the economy of the Benelux divided over more than a hundred million people. And the people are horrible to deal with.
Russian isn't for the opportunities, it's just because the class is small.

>>76815759
>>76818789
>>76819107
Not options.

>>76815829
>>76818970
>>76819026
Thank you.
>>
id take russian
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.